sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waddis View Post
    http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....dge916522/full

Edison valuation 9th Jan $0.93 In profit FY20 .......... only time will tell
    Wow Edison must really be nice people, a very charitable company. They do all that hard research work and nice tables and then provide the information for free on their website. Sign me up, on second thoughts, I don't need to sign up, its there for free anyway. Other brokers you have to pay for research. Wonder how they make their money?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow Edison must really be nice people, a very charitable company. They do all that hard research work and nice tables and then provide the information for free on their website. Sign me up, on second thoughts, I don't need to sign up, its there for free anyway. Other brokers you have to pay for research. Wonder how they make their money?
    Who commissioned this report?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Who commissioned this report?
    "This report has been commissioned by Pacific Edge and prepared and issued by Edison for publication globally. "

Edison actually provides a good point of reference to me, being a company’s very own view of where it sees itself - or in the case of PEB, where it wished it could be.

Guru

Was this valuation done on the basis is Darlings years old $100,000,000 sales effort or on todays current sales effort ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Was this valuation done on the basis is Darlings years old $100,000,000 sales effort or on todays current sales effort ?
    ....report mentions $256m sales in a few years time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Urologists make money by scoping and charging for scans. They want to see what's going on so they can charge the client. Even with excellent tests like this they will always be against it because they'll lose money by doing cheaper tests. It's a bit like finding a cure for cancer. It'll never happen there's too much money at stake if a cure was found. Its the same with BLT.and probiotics.. there is no money in prevention or cure. Just sick people ..

I don't know whether you are right about the motivation for particular procedures and I am frankly skeptical about your statement re cures for cancer. I seem to remember that open heart surgery is no longer used as much as it was because stents and better medication are less expensive and invasive and more effective. My own urologist is certainly eager to try CX Bladder as an adjunct to cystoscopy, with a view to using the whole suite of products in their various applications.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Urologists make money by scoping and charging for scans. They want to see what's going on so they can charge the client. Even with excellent tests like this they will always be against it because they'll lose money by doing cheaper tests. It's a bit like finding a cure for cancer. It'll never happen there's too much money at stake if a cure was found. Its the same with BLT.and probiotics.. there is no money in prevention or cure. Just sick people ..
    I thought the point of CxBladder is it is not invasive. Can't imagine patients would not prefer it! Also, maximising income might be an issue for urologists but the big medical insurance organisations will have a definite view on that. Maybe. One day.

CxBladder overall detection sensitivity of 82% vs. next best competitor of 56%

68% detection of early stage non-invasive papillary carcinoma [ Ta ] vs. 38% from the next best competitor

100% detection of the second stage carcinoma in situ [ Tis ] from both CxBladder as well as competitors

I would think if there was any significant financial benefit to the increased rate in detection of first stage [ Ta ] over the equally treatable stage [ Tis ] - insurance companies would have been all over it by now in my opinion.

Perhaps the case has not been made well enough by PEB. ( most likely )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2694315/

CxBladder is the superior product at the end of the day... maybe that counts for something

But patient comfort is under financial benefit on the list of things insurance providers find important.

edit: Below states the financial consequence of finding a cancer at [ Tis ] over that of the earlier stage [ Ta ] is effectively NIL.

"The MIBC patient treatment costs are nearly three times those for patients with stage Tis/Ta and two times for those patients with TNM stage T1. On average, the bladder-related complications contributed $249, $384, and $775 to the monthly patient costs with stage Tis/Ta, T1, and MIBC, respectively."
    Last edited by hardt; 11-01-2018 at 10:03 PM.