sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just posting reminders of how deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless PEB really is.
    Did you mean to say "Just posting reminders of how deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless Balance really is."....? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Did you mean to say "Just posting reminders of how deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless Balance really is."....? ;-)
    LOL - and guess who has been right all along about PEB?

You, Dentie and mbj?

Sp back at 2014 level after spending/squandering $99m through gross mismanagement and there are still some here who believes that defines 'success'! Pathetic!
    Last edited by Balance; 12-11-2019 at 09:53 AM.

LOL - and guess who has been right all along about PEB?

You, Dentie and mbj?
    So far...!! I'll give you that... You have been more or less right so far... :-)

It's more your methods I take issue with...

Guru

So far...!! I'll give you that... You have been more or less right so far... :-)

It's more your methods I take issue with...
    What are those methods BigBob? I am curious. For every BS story why companies are so great, I would want some balance and have some BS as to why they are crap.(using the term BS loosly here as a synonym for smack talk) Mostly on these forums we have BS as to why companies are great. So its refreshing to see some challenges of the obvious BS that PEB have been spouting for a while now. Culminating in restatement of Acc Rec. I think how many cap raises is it now in the last 6 years should really tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What are those methods BigBob? I am curious. For every BS story why companies are so great, I would want some balance and have some BS as to why they are crap.(using the term BS loosly here as a synonym for smack talk) Mostly on these forums we have BS as to why companies are great. So its refreshing to see some challenges of the obvious BS that PEB have been spouting for a while now. Culminating in restatement of Acc Rec. I think how many cap raises is it now in the last 6 years should really tell the story.
    I have no problem with getting balanced views on shares and companies and appreciate everyones opinion positive and negative. I definitely do not want a forum of rempers, cheerleaders and yay-sayers only - and on many other threads I take Balance's views into consideration - it is nothing personal. Both sides of the argument is good...!

But in this case, I don't agree with the way he/she is going about it and I think it is actually detrimental to the general debate. Anyway, jmo, so a few quick examples and and then I am over and out on this issue...

- tedious, ad nauseum repetition (e.g. 10,000 tests, restated revenues, sell down of shares)
    - dredging up of old newspaper articles etc (e.g. capital raise from years ago)
    - borderline smear campaign against management and board (if he/she really believes what he/she says - report it to the FMA)
    - general misrepresentation (eg reason for restated cashflows)

Guru

Just posting reminders of how deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless PEB really is.
    Indeed. Articles from 4/5 years ago which could be recycled today......

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Indeed. Articles from 4/5 years ago which could be recycled today......
    Precisely!

What is extremely telling about PEB is the highly optimistic statements and expectations which have been and are made - especially during cap raising time - but there's no follow up comments or statements by the company when said statements and expectations are not met.

And there are those in this forum who think that those of us who challenge the company to be transparent, to be accountable and to explain (and learn!) are trying to 'destroy' the company!

Heck, $99m is a lot of money to account for but what we have got was dodgy accounting imo.

Well, the company is doing a great job of destroying whatever credibility it ever had!
    Last edited by Balance; 12-11-2019 at 11:49 AM.

I have no problem with getting balanced views on shares and companies and appreciate everyones opinion positive and negative. I definitely do not want a forum of rempers, cheerleaders and yay-sayers only - and on many other threads I take Balance's views into consideration - it is nothing personal. Both sides of the argument is good...!

But in this case, I don't agree with the way he/she is going about it and I think it is actually detrimental to the general debate. Anyway, jmo, so a few quick examples and and then I am over and out on this issue...

- tedious, ad nauseum repetition (e.g. 10,000 tests, restated revenues, sell down of shares)
    - dredging up of old newspaper articles etc (e.g. capital raise from years ago)
    - borderline smear campaign against management and board (if he/she really believes what he/she says - report it to the FMA...)
    - general misrepresentation (eg reason for restated cashflows)
    And this is exactly the same reasons why I also post criticisms of Balance....and here's a couple more...

- Happy to cling on "Legend" status, but never any willingness to state credentials or experience BEFORE offering "influential" and "pied piper" laced statements/advice or opinions;
    - No disclaimers on his/her posts to "neutralise" my above statement;
    - Routinely demonstrates self adulation, appears to adore the pedestal and shows little or no humility (Perhaps a student of Mr Trump?);
    - Clearly relishes the mantle of PEB thread monitor - but doesn't appear to hold shares...so, why bother???; and,
    - Seems to get upset when challenged - going to great lengths to belittle or destroy the "challenger" at all costs.

And to reiterate BigBob (& again in my previous post) ... although very clearly upset at what he sees PEB and DD as "deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless", Balance is not prepared to make a complaint to the FMA....especially for accusations like "DODGY ACCOUNTING". Saying nothing is almost as bad!.

I've never seen him/her get up and challenge DD and the Board directly at any AGM (or other organised PEB forums) - which is what I and many other shareholders have done over the years.

I think the above behaviour demonstrates a very unprofessional attitude on what to do if one feels genuinely aggrieved at the way a public company is being run and is certainly not providing a good example of his/her followers.

I'm also done and dusted on this issue...
    Last edited by Dentie; 12-11-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    And to reiterate BigBob (& again in my previous post) ... although very clearly upset at what he sees PEB and DD as "deceitful, misleading and utterly hopeless", Balance is not prepared to make a complaint to the FMA....especially for accusations like "DODGY ACCOUNTING". Saying nothing is almost as bad!.

To be fair though, even if PEB, DD are deceitful, misleading etc and engaging in dodgy accounting the FMA would do jack s-hit even if a complaint was laid. Wet bus ticket at best.

AWOL

Catch you later, Dentie

Awaiting CMS to complete digital extraction.

Time to restock on popcorn and wait for a rerun of everything, without validation or authority.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 12-11-2019 at 07:40 PM.