sharetrader

The (science leaning) Board had every right to be confident and positive in their product. The science has been proven over and over again and has never been in doubt.

For me, their biggest mistake - now clearly evident - was being too excitedly attracted to the glitzy US market, like a lot of growth companies, without taking the necessary time to understand how they operate over there and just how much working capital would be needed to fund the growth and where it would come from. (IE - Look at the losses XRO incurred trying to get a foot in the US market). It seems clear the US is not an ideal country to try and grow a startup product - it will only throttle (& keep throttling) the lifeblood of the company.

Taking 5 years to get the likes of an LCD is an absolute joke - especially when you have an unrivaled & potentially life saving product which benefits patients so much.

As for whether CMS will front up with all the "receivable" $$$ - well, if they don't, then I would advise DD has a chat with Ron Mark and get the Kia Kaha and its helicopter to drop anchor in San Francisco Bay (along with some choice Kiwi rhetoric). They'll understand then that we mean business!!

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I have not seen this in a while if ever. Can someone show me a director who actually purchased this amount of shares on market? Well done for putting your money where your mouth is. Not yet convinced.
    How about FIVE times that: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201903...9rpz0q0qzh.pdf

I am not yet convinced about MHI. I am convinced PEB is a poor 'investment.'

AWOL

Has anyone else taken the time to dissect the figures contained in the presentation?

I'm getting an indication that there is a pipeline of cash about to start flowing.

I'm also getting an indication that there wont be a lot of patients required for a break even situation.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 02-06-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Has anyone else taken the time to dissect the figures contained in the presentation?

I'm getting an indication that there is a pipeline of cash about to start flowing.

I'm also getting an indication that there wont be a lot of patients required for a break even situation.
    A pile of cash that they hope starts flowing. If they get LCD some of the missing millions might get paid. They are owed about $7m from insurance companies that have not paid, up from $5 million unpaid a year ago. With a price now there may be fewer excuses for non payment, but last year's overdue $5 million did not rush in door in January when the price went live.
    They talk of the NZ side possibly coming cash flow positive this year.

AWOL

Would you agree that having the test Codes in place and prices set effective Jan 1st will make payment a lot easier and also quicker by having details required immediately to hand?
    Do we look at the possibility that all tests done prior to Code issue would have needed rebilling with the codes included to speed things up and these may be starting to filter through?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    How about FIVE times that: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201903...9rpz0q0qzh.pdf

I am not yet convinced about MHI. I am convinced PEB is a poor 'investment.'
    Sorry I meant PEB shares only not the whole market in general. Thanks for the response anyway.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I found the presentation rather vague where it matters but I have not read much about PEB for a while.

With expenses at $23M you need the cash from 20,000 US sold tests at US$760 each, or 50,000 (or 60,000?, or more?) NZ sold tests to break even [Does anyone know what a NZ test sells for?].

But if you reach those figures your expenses will be higher so add more for luck.

So then you have a breakeven company and it needs to do even more to justify the $100M market cap.

So while optimism is a wonderful thing and we will all be pleased if PEB stops bleeding cash it is well within the bounds of possibility that this still has a long road ahead to commercial viability let alone being value for money.

So I will continue to invest my money on travelling down the Adriatic coast of Italy instead.
    om mani peme hum

1: Revenue excludes tests sold in the US for which cash payment has yet to be received, as well as tests completed for patients covered by the CMS. CMS tests account forapproximately 47% of annual US laboratory throughput and Pacific Edge will seek reimbursement for these when it is included in the CMS’s Local Coverage Determination (LCD). Asat 31 March 2019, Pacific Edge has completed and invoiced a total of 17,015 tests for CMS patients in the USA, for which we are yet to be reimbursed.

I make that nearly 20 million NZD.
    "US customers – patients covered by CMSThe Group has judged it is not probable that any consideration will be received from CMS as inclusion in the LocalCoverage Determination (LCD) with the CMS has not yet been obtained. Therefore, no revenue is recognised forany patients covered by CMS" source - Consolidated Financial Statements

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    "US customers – patients covered by CMSThe Group has judged it is not probable that any consideration will be received from CMS as inclusion in the LocalCoverage Determination (LCD) with the CMS has not yet been obtained. Therefore, no revenue is recognised forany patients covered by CMS" source - Consolidated Financial Statements
    Doesn't that just mean that consideration is not probable in the current reporting period and therefore revenue is not included in that period...? That's certainly what this implies...:

"Importantly, in October, the company received notification of the Cxbladder test national reimbursement rate (US$760) from CMS. Once the company receives Local Coverage Determination (LCD), Pacific Edge will be able to get reimbursement for Medicare claims and will enable reimbursement and negotiation for payment on 14,000 tests previously performed on CMS patients. The LCD process is ongoing and once completed will be a major driver of future growth."

https://www.edisongroup.com/company/pacific-edge/1973/

And, yes, I know it's Edison, and that a grain of salt is required....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Doesn't that just mean that consideration is not probable in the current reporting period and therefore revenue is not included in that period...? That's certainly what this implies...:

"Importantly, in October, the company received notification of the Cxbladder test national reimbursement rate (US$760) from CMS. Once the company receives Local Coverage Determination (LCD), Pacific Edge will be able to get reimbursement for Medicare claims and will enable reimbursement and negotiation for payment on 14,000 tests previously performed on CMS patients. The LCD process is ongoing and once completed will be a major driver of future growth."

https://www.edisongroup.com/company/pacific-edge/1973/

And, yes, I know it's Edison, and that a grain of salt is required....
    Edison don't seem to be known for accuracy....Chairman = Christopher Swann. Wrong Christopher!!