sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Good on you, perserverance has paid off, it could have gone either way, for a while there. Still "motley fool" thinks as a comparison to other biotechs, PEB is now over priced. One of his points was, the company has not yet nade a profit, and with the increased turnover on the horizon, comes increased costs.

Maybe, Im sour I didnt get in a month ago.

Are you able to post the link from Motley Fool. Could not find related on their website. Thank you.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    Are you able to post the link from Motley Fool. Could not find related on their website. Thank you.
    ba9, that why their nick name is da da fool !

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Good on you, perserverance has paid off, it could have gone either way, for a while there. Still "motley fool" thinks as a comparison to other biotechs, PEB is now over priced. One of his points was, the company has not yet nade a profit, and with the increased turnover on the horizon, comes increased costs.

Maybe, Im sour I didnt get in a month ago.
    No perseverance here...... I first held PEB back in Nov 2012 at 44c and did alright (the first share I ever held that doubled in price) Got out subsequently at various prices after seeing TA trends drop and listening other posters incl Balance.

Back into PEB June 2020 and doing well so far (TA in Golden Cross territory)........ up over 40% (unrealised) with a much bigger holding than in 2012 period.

FWIW I would never go by Motley Fool's recommendations. (They got is seriously wrong in the early days with ATM/A2M and like many brokers, they often don't understand small cap stocks) ....Nothing better than riding a small cap stock from no profit as it turns to profit and the institutions/brokers begin to take notice. JMHO.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 07-07-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Beats me, Just came up as a notification on my phone a week ago. Maybe it was stuff, NZ herald or Sky News.

oday’s jump represents the second big leap in share price in two weeks.
    While there’s much positivity for Pacific Edge’s long-term prospects in the American market, some caution is needed as well.
    Our analysis indicates:

• Pacific Edge has a price-to-book ratio of 12.8x, which is higher than the 3.6x average usually seen in the biotech industry.
    • It has a return on equity of –130.21%, which indicates that the company has a history of being unprofitable.
    • In addition, the company has reported an after-tax net loss of $18.9 million for the year ended March 31.

This makes Pacific Edge a speculative investment with a potentially volatile share price. The future horizon is attractive — but can the company’s fundamentals support that wide-eyed optimism?
    Discerning investors should approach this stock with caution.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 07-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.

PEB was founded in August 2001 and in the last 19 years many, many millions have gone into Research and Development, User Trials, Marketing...
    Getting a medical test of this nature into mainstream use has turned out to be a lot trickier than the company expected.

I bought shares in May 2013, good news came along in 2014 and the share price shot up dramatically.
    Unfortunately the Good News didn't translate into profit and within a few months the price dropped, then dropped further... and further...

Despite this I kept the faith and have gradually added shares. Via the share market and also through buying shares when they did capital raising.

The latest news indicates they "might", finally, have turned the corner - and may even generate a profit in the next year or two!

But until their balance sheet actually goes into the black they are still speculative.

NOTE: Back in the 90s my Dad bought $2,000 worth of shares in a small Australian Bio-Tech company - CSL. I live in hope that PEB will be MY CSL. But there is still risk.

Some years ago I came across the SWOT analysis of business.
    Basically think of things under 4 headings.

Strengths : Weaknesses

Opportunities : Threats

So how does this relate to PEB?

STRENGTHS:
    - 100% accurate tests
    - Covid 19 encouraging tests from home

WEAKNESSES:
    - Trying to convince people in the highly conservative, change resistant medical field that WE are right... like 100% of the time... and can do it cheaper
    - And the paperwork, approvals, da da da...

OPPORTUNITIES:
    - Well sort of the world. Or at least those of the world that need these tests

THREATS:
    - Dr Spock, come in Dr Spock! Do you still have your radar gun thing that can point at a head and diagnose everything? Or will advanced DNA testing take its place, thus reducing the need for other tests?

- Oh, and once again, covid-19. This time reducing the numbers of those who need testing.

PEB is still speculative. Looking really, really.... good but with risks.

Personally I'm hanging on to my accumulated shares (and have been bouncing to the moon and back since they FINALLY went from the red into the black last Friday)

But it all comes down to personal risk.

Are you an investor? In it, like me, for the long term? Happy to see what happens?

Or a share trader? After short term <taxable> profits? Short on cash? Need profits now to buy a house?
    Last edited by Merc; 07-07-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Grammatical errorr

BTW. Thanks Dad. You didn't live to see CSL jump to dizzying heights but Mum benefited from the dividends.
    (And my brother and I kind of like our recent increase in our assets and income.)

Roll on PEB.

This one might come in our time. Or not.
    We, our kids and grandchildren may benefit. Or not.

Doctor Spock???

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Some years ago I came across the SWOT analysis of business.
    Basically think of things under 4 headings.

Strengths : Weaknesses

Opportunities : Threats

So how does this relate to PEB?

STRENGTHS:
    - 100% accurate tests
    - Covid 19 encouraging tests from home

WEAKNESSES:
    - Trying to convince people in the highly conservative, change resistant medical field that WE are right... like 100% of the time... and can do it cheaper
    - And the paperwork, approvals, da da da...

OPPORTUNITIES:
    - Well sort of the world. Or at least those of the world that need these tests

THREATS:
    - Dr Spock, come in Dr Spock! Do you still have your radar gun thing that can point at a head and diagnose everything? Or will advanced DNA testing take its place, thus reducing the need for other tests?

- Oh, and once again, covid-19. This time reducing the numbers of those who need testing.

PEB is still speculative. Looking really, really.... good but with risks.

Personally I'm hanging on to my accumulated shares (and have been bouncing to the moon and back since they FINALLY went from the red into the black last Friday)

But it all comes down to personal risk.

Are you an investor? In it, like me, for the long term? Happy to see what happens?

Or a share trader? After short term <taxable> profits? Short on cash? Need profits now to buy a house?
    yes yes yes SWOT tells it all ! patience now is needed, I think despite several false starts and undelivery, rantings from D D I think this ( maybe ) time that they/we are on the correct path !!

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    BTW. Thanks Dad. You didn't live to see CSL jump to dizzying heights but Mum benefited from the dividends.
    (And my brother and I kind of like our recent increase in our assets and income.)

Roll on PEB.

This one might come in our time. Or not.
    We, our kids and grandchildren may benefit. Or not.

Doctor Spock???
    Relax, Merc.

There's probably a string of announcements/deals to be announced now over the next 12 months which will keep punters (day traders) and long term investors like you happy.

There was a logjam behind the wall but floodgates are now open.

All the best.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-07-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    yes yes yes SWOT tells it all ! patience now is needed, I think despite several false starts and undelivery, rantings from D D I think this ( maybe ) time that they/we are on the correct path !!
    Agree with the correct path but we may not need as much patience as we have had getting to this point.Cxbladder is a contactless testing method with a proven accuracy. Not only will it protect the test subject,but it also offers protection to the clinicians diagnosing the subject.Many in the medical field will insist upon it(and rightly so)