sharetrader

I have just returned from a flexible cystoscopy - which showed nothing so since I have only ever had low grade tumours and the last one was three years ago - I have been discharged. That's all good, but when I asked why the cystoscopy was preferred /necessary this time rather than CX Bladder monitor, the urologist said that because of the outpatient clinic setup, it was cheaper than a urinary biomarker test.
    He also said that he expected that (regardless of cost), CX Bladder was likely to be used in preliminary screening by GPs because there was a nationwide shortage of urologists.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I have just returned from a flexible cystoscopy - which showed nothing so since I have only ever had low grade tumours and the last one was three years ago - I have been discharged. That's all good, but when I asked why the cystoscopy was preferred /necessary this time rather than CX Bladder monitor, the urologist said that because of the outpatient clinic setup, it was cheaper than a urinary biomarker test.
    He also said that he expected that (regardless of cost), CX Bladder was likely to be used in preliminary screening by GPs because there was a nationwide shortage of urologists.
    It may also be there is a perverse situation where the DHB's are funded for cystoscopies and therefore it is better for their bottom line to get cystoscopies done rather than have the not inexpensive CxBladder tests done even though the former consumes more of the scarce urologist resource.

Advanced Member

Urologists.
    Yep, someone's taking the piss...
    Last edited by Getty; 25-11-2020 at 06:47 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Very pleased to hear that you have been discharged whichever way it was achieved.

Good morning all, when the result will be release on NZX website? sweet as.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Good morning all, when the result will be release on NZX website? sweet as.
    Usually PEB has reported before market opens.

From their investor news page:

“Pacific Edge would like to announce that half year results for the six months ending 30 September 2020 will be released on Thursday 26 November 2020, prior to 10am.”

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    From their investor news page:

“Pacific Edge would like to announce that half year results for the six months ending 30 September 2020 will be released on Thursday 26 November 2020, prior to 10am.”
    Probably for the first time in recent years, they could have added ' ... and we will not be announcing yet another rights issue!'

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Usually PEB has reported before market opens.
    Certainly hope they do, we dont want any repeats of that fiasco several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Certainly hope they do, we dont want any repeats of that fiasco several years ago.
    Imo, sp is going to swing much higher or much lower on what gets reported with CMS & progress with collection of the US$40m backpay.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/l...-administrator