sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Not the extremities, just the middle ground.
    It was the bids all the way down to 7c that caught my eye, nevertheless.

I did a quick google but could not find the results referred to by Miner?

With any investment, being it shares, property, art, gold or whatever there are pretty much 3 sorts of investors.

1. Did homework. Buy and Hold. Ride the ups and downs expecting on their homework that over the long term it will all work out at maximum profit.

2. Did homework. Traders/Speculators. After quick capital gains (In property Speculators pre brightlne test, or Developers who add value being it a reno, add garage or redevelop the entire site) take the short-term profit and move on

Neither of these approaches is wrong. So long as one knows and appreciated the tax implications ... and pays the tax.

3. Then there are Others... Like Beginners...

We've all been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, seen the movie, moved on... and maybe learnt a bit along the way.

For us it was buying a couple of significant Right things at the Wrong time then selling them at the Wrong time when the market started to improve. Probably the best learning curve ever.

Kiwisaver. How many people, a few months ago, cashed out of growth funds due to covid and lived it to regret it? (I finally, self employed, JOINED Kiwisaver, growth fund of course, in April)

For me, Buy and Hold works. And I'm quite happy to buy more shares in PEB when the Traders plus Others sell.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Doc View Post
    Which bit are you looking for, Doc?
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 26-11-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    With any investment, being it shares, property, art, gold or whatever there are pretty much 3 sorts of investors.

1. Did homework. Buy and Hold. Ride the ups and downs expecting on their homework that over the long term it will all work out at maximum profit.

2. Did homework. Traders/Speculators. After quick capital gains (In property Speculators pre brightlne test, or Developers who add value being it a reno, add garage or redevelop the entire site) take the short-term profit and move on

Neither of these approaches is wrong. So long as one knows and appreciated the tax implications ... and pays the tax.

3. Then there are Others... Like Beginners...

We've all been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, seen the movie, moved on... and maybe learnt a bit along the way.

For us it was buying a couple of significant Right things at the Wrong time then selling them at the Wrong time when the market started to improve. Probably the best learning curve ever.

Kiwisaver. How many people, a few months ago, cashed out of growth funds due to covid and lived it to regret it? (I finally, self employed, JOINED Kiwisaver, growth fund of course, in April)

For me, Buy and Hold works. And I'm quite happy to buy more shares in PEB when the Traders plus Others sell.
    Straight to the point, no ifs or buts, no rights or wrongs. Just some solid straight forward easy to understand advice, no shaming, no ego. No, I have so you should also, I don't have so you shouldn't.

Appreciate this post. Thank you!

I will also be holding for many years and look to ride the roller coaster.

Your point is very concrete, we all take responsibility for our research and actions and hold tight if you believe in the company.
    Last edited by LEMON; 26-11-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Doc View Post
    Make sure you look in the presentation. Slide 23, bottom right corner.

I think the result is still encouraging.
    I gathered all the existing data and summarised it in the spreadsheet.

based on the number If I didn't make any mistake:
    * the major declines are obviously from non-CMS related tests from US
    * The number of CMS tests does not look bad at all. ( 845 before approval and 1815 after approval in FY21H1 vs Total CMS Tests 4474 in FY20)
    * CMS Revenue - Cash Receipt 1.29m NZD + Receivable 769.8k NZD

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by zs_cecil; 26-11-2020 at 10:38 PM.

If the number is correct we will hit 10m
    Second half

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    If the number is correct we will hit 10m
    Second half
    If PEB can keep up the CMS test number as FY21H1, the full year revenue is very likely to hit 10m ( a few million cash inflow from CMS + potential revenue from KP)
    It doesn't sound bad at all.
    Last edited by zs_cecil; 26-11-2020 at 10:46 PM.

yes the result is encouraging but do not match the 500m market cap