sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Of course everyone is entitled to their own approach. But I really struggle with this Buy and Pray approach. Why wouldn't you sell at some point in the down trend, preserve capital and buy back in when the trend reverses. for every 10% you loose you got to make more just to get back to break even.

There aren't even any dividends to soften the pain
    That's a fair question. The best way I can put it is that there is a difference between a share investor and a share trader. As a share investor, I have next to no interest in making short sells or offloading a material portion of my stock at a certain price, with the belief it will fall 30%, and then buy it back again. As a share investor, as I put it, my hold in a stock like a PEB, WDT, BLT is a long term position. It's not high up on my priority list to BUY/SELL my stock based on an inherent belief of where the price might end up, in the short term.

I have private views on where the price will likely end up in the long term, but I'll keep those close to my chest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    That's a fair question. The best way I can put it is that there is a difference between a share investor and a share trader. As a share investor, I have next to no interest in making short sells or offloading a material portion of my stock at a certain price, with the belief it will fall 30%, and then buy it back again. As a share investor, as I put it, my hold in a stock like a PEB, WDT, BLT is a long term position. It's not high up on my priority list to BUY/SELL my stock based on an inherent belief of where the price might end up, in the short term.

I have private views on where the price will likely end up in the long term, but I'll keep those close to my chest for now.
    I'd describe myself as an investor as well - certainly not a trader. But I am very conscious of my capital and preserving it. I buy for the long term - but I expect to see at least some growth in the short term. If there isn't any short term growth there is no point buying - I would wait until the growth stated happening. I'df my capital is eroded to a certain level (eg my recent holding in HBL) I don't see any point in retaining faith - that is an emotion. As an investor I prefer to let the numbers speak for themselves. Helps take the emotion out of it.

Window dressing day dawns for PEB?

Where every 1c increase provides $2.48m additional performance for the funds stuck in there with no way out as the clock ticks down towards the cash running out.

But wait!

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...131/281982.pdf

"We believe that we have the right strategy, the right people to execute that strategy and we are well ahead of any expected competition."

Never mind the fact that PEB is running a one man's race towards oblivion.

Notice PEB still uses the dodgy revenue increase and lab throughput numbers to showcase their 'progress'?

Guru

The biggee question from todays ann to my mind is , " will the C R be before Xmas or after ? "

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    The biggee question from todays ann to my mind is , " will the C R be before Xmas or after ? "
    and the second question will be , " what are the terms ? "

This is sounding like the old Martin Jet pack announcements.

For example "We will continue to seek the regulatory and commercial agreements required to operate effectivelyin the US". I would have thought this was kinda step one. Surely you cant hope to sell until you at the very least have the regulatory boxes ticked. Just like MJP - could figure out if it was a plane or a bird and couldn't get regulatory approval.

Also sounds like the are back to the beginning ""We are moving our focus to large institutional healthcare organisations, which may take longer tobring on board"

In essence a product with no regulatory approval and no market with a still unknown timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'd describe myself as an investor as well - certainly not a trader. But I am very conscious of my capital and preserving it. I buy for the long term - but I expect to see at least some growth in the short term. If there isn't any short term growth there is no point buying - I would wait until the growth stated happening. I'df my capital is eroded to a certain level (eg my recent holding in HBL) I don't see any point in retaining faith - that is an emotion. As an investor I prefer to let the numbers speak for themselves. Helps take the emotion out of it.
    That's a sound point too. I probably should have expanded my earlier point, in that what is considered a share trader and what is considered a share investor are both wide spectrums.

A significant minority of holders of PEB had a long term approach in mind when buying in, considering the potential difficulties around successfully selling into the US market, and that it would take an unknown amount of time. I would have a stab that many of these investors had PEB as a high speculative risk hold (small in their portfolio), mostly likely bought a fixed amount which has remained constant (bar the rights issues), and follow the stock once a week to see where progress is at. There will likely be some investors who, when the price dipped below 30 cents, thought they would up their position because, why not. Equally those who didn't budge when it briefly dropped down to 19.5 cents and were not fazed by where the price was, because the strategy was always to hold their 250,000 shares (for eg) to beyond the point where the company was selling to the big US groups.

And yes, there are those who intended to hold long-term, but with caveats such as the price not dropping below $0.XX or profitablity occuring by XXX 20XX, or a commercial deal being reached with Kaiser, Tricare, CMS, VA by XXX 20XX. If any of these are not met, allowing for a small delay, sell the position at a loss.

Each to your own approach.
    Last edited by When the bass drops; 29-06-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Window dressing day over so sp now heading south again.

Next move up (from where-ever the sp is at that time) will be when PEB does its next capital raising as the underwriters need to get the raising away - not a question of if, but when.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Window dressing day over so sp now heading south again.

Next move up (from where-ever the sp is at that time) will be when PEB does its next capital raising as the underwriters need to get the raising away - not a question of if, but when.
    That’s pretty amazing all that window dressing eh mate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’s pretty amazing all that window dressing eh mate
    The NZX calls it 'conviction' buying these days, I think.