sharetrader

Cash-flow negative at about $33,000 a day, so this buys them another half a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    They did not buy them. There were issued as a "bonus"
    Yep, a bonus for doing an outstanding job.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

AWOL

33000 a day divided by 1125 =29 tests per day
    29 tests times 365 = 10,585 tests per annum at US equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    They did not buy them. There were issued as a "bonus"
    IF a COO and a CFO, both of whom are VERY close to the coal face OPT to take a bonus in the form or shares (at the full current market price), when they had the option to take cash, then that indicates something. I think.

A few ifs and buts in there I know.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    IF a COO and a CFO, both of whom are VERY close to the coal face OPT to take a bonus in the form or shares (at the full current market price), when they had the option to take cash, then that indicates something. I think.

Yes that’s positive
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The other thing I picked up at the Annual Meeting which may be positive was the fact that they have been increasing the number of sales people in the US again In the 2019 FY, the rate of sales increase (as measured by lab throughput) slowed

- as a result of them reducing the numbers of sales people in the US from 19 to 12 (until the LCD comes through)
    - which was as a result of their need to preserve cash
    - which was as a result of the fact that they don't get cash/ and therefore don't recognize as revenue or receivable anything sold via CMS (IE "so why burn cash when we can't recognize the revenue")

At the AM DD stated that they had increased the number of salespeople back up to 16 (?). Why do that, and increase the net cash burn, unless...

- those salespeople are going to generate cash-in-the-bank sales (IE non-CMS sales)
    - there are very good indicators that LCD is very close
    - they are confident that they have finance (in whatever form) teed up so that another cap raise will not be necessary, otherwise they are just bringing forward the date of the next cap raise??

Curious.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post

Is that really the case though - cash or shares? I think it is a case of shares only.

This is a yearly occurrence with these two executives in any case so certainly not newsworthy to assess it as anything positive imo.

As an aside, bumped into a broker from Craigs last week at a function - he has gone stone cold negative on PEB after being exuberantly positive a couple of years ago - the word 'con' came up a few times in the course of discussion.

Good news as far as shareholders are concerned - means DD & his bunch of highly paid incompetent management are going to have to present something concrete to raise the next lot of funds.

Otherwise, it's shut down time, so no more throwing good money after bad after bad after bad after bad!
    Last edited by Balance; 17-08-2019 at 11:22 AM.

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/bison...e-export-award

It is not like DD & PEB to keep quiet and not blow trumpets to herald PEB winning an award!

So in the interest of fairness, I hereby broadcast to one and all :

PEB - Winner of the inaugural Otago Export Award for Innovation!

"Pacific Edge was described by the judges as a "truly remarkable company that have taken on the big boys" to the benefit of a large number of patients"

Pity shareholders and investors are the ones who have taken such a hiding from the destruction of wealth as PEB took on the big boys with its urine samples while they stuck a few big painful needles up PEB's proverbial?

Wasn't PEB supposed to have announced a new capital raising by now?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Wasn't PEB supposed to have announced a new capital raising by now?
    With good news comes Capital raise news. We just need 2 more positive announcements before then.