sharetrader

Hi. Came across this...

I realise this is mostly about BCG therapy, but the statement "Unfortunately, a sensitive and specific biomarker for nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) has not been discovered" caught my eye.

Someone may have more insight into this than me?

https://www.urologytimes.com/article...biome/page/0/1

"Current gold standard follow-up involves regular cystoscopic evaluation with visual inspection for disease recurrence. Although cystoscopy is associated with minimal morbidity, it remains invasive, and detection of recurrence is surgeon dependent.
    Given the limitations of cystoscopy, a multitude of complementary tests (urine cytology, fluorescence in situ hybridization, cytokine and genetic profiling) have been investigated as potential biomarkers to predict nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) responsiveness, recurrence, and progression. Unfortunately, a sensitive and specific biomarker for NMIBC has not been discovered."

"To date, no biomarker has shown high enough predictive value to warrant widespread clinical use (Eur Urol 2018; 73:738-48)."

https://www.europeanurology.com/arti...850-3/fulltext

https://www.urologytimes.com/article...ary-microbiome
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.odt.co.nz/business/bison...e-export-award

It is not like DD & PEB to keep quiet and not blow trumpets to herald PEB winning an award!

So in the interest of fairness, I hereby broadcast to one and all :

PEB - Winner of the inaugural Otago Export Award for Innovation!

"Pacific Edge was described by the judges as a "truly remarkable company that have taken on the big boys" to the benefit of a large number of patients"

Balance. Your broadcast to one and all seems to have had the desired effect. Turnover in PEB shares traded today achieved almost unprecedented and rarely achieved levels - see image.

PEB 9.png
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Outside thinking.

Crikey! The CFO has ruled out growing PEB into a larger organisation....

"Pacific Edge Limited advises that Kate Rankin has resigned as Chief Financial
    Officer with effect from 19th December 2019, to take up an opportunity with a
    larger organisation."

Details here
    Last edited by Leftfield; 19-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

larger organisation."

Details here
    I'm amazed that last statement has to be included in the first place, just write the CFO is leaving to take up another opportunity...... why, like why would you add the last part?
    Its like trying to justify their short comings, next thing CEO sells some shares because the roof needs a repair and states the wifes been complaining he needs to get it done sooner rather than later
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 19-09-2019 at 10:59 AM.

In fairness, there are ALOT of 'larger organisations' than PEB....

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    I'm amazed that last statement has to be included in the first place, just write the CFO is leaving to take up another opportunity...... why, like why would you add the last part?
    Its like trying to justify their short comings, next thing CEO sells some shares because the roof needs a repair and states the wifes been complaining he needs to get it done sooner rather than later
    Guess she got sucked in big time too in 2014 about the ‘several tens of thousands of tests’ and the US$100m revenue in 5 years?

PEB would be worth at least $1 billion by now if the US$100m was achieved and she would be able to retire on the umpteen number of options issued to her.

Good luck to her - gotto know when to cut your losses, unlike the underwriting institutions who are eagerly waiting for news of the next capital raise.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    They complain that there's not enough information. They complain that there's too much information.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

larger organisation."

Details here
    Must be rather gutting to have accumulated 770,000 options at ever decreasing exercise prices over the last few years and giving up on the dream of the options going into the money?

Imagine if she had joined ATM in 2014 and accumulated those options!

But maybe not she is not as gutted as the legions of shareholders who put in REAL money into this wealth destroying company, throwing in bucket loads of good money after bad.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-09-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    They complain that there's not enough information. They complain that there's too much information.

Sigh.
    What information? That the real reason is probably that after 5 years of chasing the elusive US$100m target and the ever ‘it’s just around the corner’ year after year, she has decided to pull stumps and call it a day?

Imagine how much personal credibility Kate has lost in the last few years as she prepared presentations and financials - none of which met expectations?

As for investors being cynical, this is what happens when a company has a habit of issuing statements with no follow through proper clarifications or explanations when the statements proved to be grossly incorrect and way off targets.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    In fairness, there are ALOT of 'larger organisations' than PEB....
    And PEB is going to become an even smaller organisation soon.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/pacifi...-cfo-bd-165341

Spoke to a broker (previously enthusiastic supporter of PEB who thought Kate’s appointment was one of the turning points to invest heavily into PEB) - no guesses that as far as he is concerned that her resignation is the sounding of the death knell of PEB.

‘Guess she cannot bring herself to be involved in the current capital raising after the last 6 in 5 years.’
    Last edited by Balance; 20-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.