sharetrader

Any idea how much $ FNZC has in this? If they loose the faith then it could be all over..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Felt like I was walking through the valley of death but I picked up a small parcel at 18c.
    Always a good feeling when you are buying some shares....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Always a good feeling when you are buying some shares....
    Well if you are a trader, the good feeling comes from the nearly 14% gain in less than 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Well if you are a trader, the good feeling comes from the nearly 14% gain in less than 24 hours
    When to buy and When to Sell. Forget about hindsight. Lets get some forward thinking here. Are we working on luck , gambling. Propensity is the catchword. I would say this is a dog share. Any buy is tempered with the thought that "exuberance is an investment attitude" Or "Lets buy and see where it goes, I dont want to make money, I just want to be there to buy and sell. Thats what excites me, if I make a profit good, if I make a loss, its exciting anyway. OR do you want to be an intelligent investor. There are a few shares on the NZ market, Just which ones do I get involved in. Is there a propensity to go down or is there a propensity to go up.

PEB, has no propensity to go up, but probably dow based on past experience. You are grasping at straws if you feel this is just going to bound out of the park. From what I have read a lot of traders on this site, should really make up their minds whether they are gambling or investing, or hoping for the best. Get intelligent. Remove all prejudices, feelings, and sit back and make a decision. Do I need this risk, or lets just wait for a better indicatiuon of where the informed market is going.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Do I need this risk, or lets just wait for a better indicatiuon of where the informed market is going.
    Well for those out there who know that risk management is THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of investing or trading, it doesn't matter how a dollar is made. With respect to PEB, at this point I have no emotional attachment to whether it goes up or down, I will just trade with whatever the market is telling me.

BTW a director bought 500,000 shares today. What do we make of this?

Had a brief look at the accounts. They have a contingent asset of $7.2 million for tests done where they expect to be paid at some stage (mainly slow insurance payers). This is up over $2 million in the last year, so payment progress is glacial. If they do get paid when(if) LCD is made that's another $10m (if half is paid). It's possible they will muddle through without another issue if LCD is soon (it has been imminent (iterative process etc) for several reports now)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Now that the results are out the directors will be able to fill their pockets buying shares with their own money.....oh that's right, money where their mouths are is sadly lacking.
    Well, this time it's different....: https://www.nzx.com/announcements/335313

500,000 @ $100k bought on the market for one of the directors....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post

New director must have missed the memo, hope he does well

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    New director must have missed the memo, hope he does well
    Investment banker with experience in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions. Sounds like he brings useful skills to the board and probably ain't a naive investor. Only time will tell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post

I have not seen this in a while if ever. Can someone show me a director who actually purchased this amount of shares on market? Well done for putting your money where your mouth is. Not yet convinced.