sharetrader
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I am intrigued about the SP increase this week
    Is it ramping, misplaced optimism, conviction buying in anticipation of take over, or is good news on the horizon??
    time will tell.
    Disc : not a shareholder and do not intend to be one.
    Well considering one investment report I read has a price target of 75 cents and a outperform rating I would says anyone reading it would be influenced and take a possible punt at it. I don't agree with it, but doesn't mean there won't be people who see it as a opportunity.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 19-06-2018 at 11:55 AM.

There is always a fresh new wave of bright eyed investors who come along and invest into what Brokers recommend.

They don't all read ST, nor have a view of the prior history of non-achievement of targets, that crusty old buggars like us have.

In fact some who might do some research might even say, hell, it's taken so long to get to the starting line that SURELY it's just around the next corner, and at these levels it's a screaming buy

DYOR, not advice either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    There is always a fresh new wave of bright eyed investors who come along and invest into what Brokers recommend.

They don't all read ST, nor have a view of the prior history of non-achievement of targets, that crusty old buggars like us have.

In fact some who might do some research might even say, hell, it's taken so long to get to the starting line that SURELY it's just around the next corner, and at these levels it's a screaming buy

DYOR, not advice either way.
    Yes, the "non-achievement of targets" has been a multi year problem alright, but for how many more years will some "crusty old bugg(e)rs" use this as an excuse to down ramp and try to crucify the hopefully eventual success of a suite of products which have clearly proven to be leading edge and best in class??

Some might even suggest this continual unjustified down ramping and rubbishing over the past few years amounts to commercial treason....while others may suggest it is simply an ongoing tirade by self appointed experts who just can't accept they got it wrong and are no cleverer than the rest of us. Either way, I couldn't care less because I take responsibility for my own research and decision making. The difference is, if I get it wrong - I don't bore the crap out of other posters by bleating on here about company announcements that are now years old.

For the record, I think it was a mistake going into the US market - especially so early. To me, the only reason the targets haven't been achieved is due to the regulatory processes of the US health system (incl. crusty old Urologists) which are so cumbersome and time consuming - they only serve to suck the cash out of the balance sheet. But, (like a lot of others) PEB were attracted by the size of the US market and dived into it...so they have to suck it up and be part of the "iterative process".

If KP and the CMS comes through - before the cash runs out - then I'm sure it will end well. If not........

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

For the record, I think it was a mistake going into the US market - especially so early. To me, the only reason the targets haven't been achieved is due to the regulatory processes of the US health system (incl. crusty old Urologists) which are so cumbersome and time consuming - they only serve to suck the cash out of the balance sheet. .
    I would differ from this point of view. Yes you are right the US health system is cumbersome and time consuming. But that is not the reason that PEB have not achieved targets. You cannot blame someone else. The reason PEB have not achieved targets (and using interseting accounting methods to hide real revenues) is that they failed to identify that the US health system is cumbersome, or they just ignored it and thought everything would be ok.
    The issue for me is not whether they will make it someday or not. The trust is long gone.

Strangely there hasnt been a positive announcement so far this month. The good old ‘Dave, put something out there. As long as it sounds positive just announce something’ trick maybe had its day

But I have that feeling when a BIG announcement is about to be made ...I feel it in my bones

Is this week the week?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

.26 and holding.

It's a great time to buy more shares. Go for it!

AWOL

When the time comes that KP and CMS finally declare their intentions one way or the other I will be expecting apologies from them for the amount of time taken to make these decisions.
    It is not right that a company should be held to ransom like this and I would be expecting full settlement for all tests conducted to date regardless of the outcome.
    They are not handing out freebies.
    A simple straightforward question: If PEB intended to hand out freebies as described on this unbalanced forum why would they bill them and have them end up as receivables.
    I might be permitted to suggest that the intent was to get paid for every test conducted.
    Whether that is the outcome is in the hands of the recipients of the tests.
    You can go on all you like about this but the fact remains that PEB is owed lots and its time they coughed up.
    Now, preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    When the time comes that KP and CMS finally declare their intentions one way or the other I will be expecting apologies from them for the amount of time taken to make these decisions.
    It is not right that a company should be held to ransom like this and I would be expecting full settlement for all tests conducted to date regardless of the outcome.
    They are not handing out freebies.
    A simple straightforward question: If PEB intended to hand out freebies as described on this unbalanced forum why would they bill them and have them end up as receivables.
    I might be permitted to suggest that the intent was to get paid for every test conducted.
    Whether that is the outcome is in the hands of the recipients of the tests.
    You can go on all you like about this but the fact remains that PEB is owed lots and its time they coughed up.
    Now, preferably.
    They won't Miner....as we are learning, it is the way they do business over there. They are great at doing "deals" but only if it is "fairly" in their favour and only when they can "dominate" the transaction......as the rest of the world is now becoming aware!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    They won't Miner....as we are learning, it is the way they do business over there. They are great at doing "deals" but only if it is "fairly" in their favour and only when they can "dominate" the transaction......as the rest of the world is now becoming aware!
    Dentie, Im not sure if you went to the last briefing at the Auckland Club a couple of months ago, I asked the question " how important was this transaction to the U S companies"? answer , so so and I also asked , "how many decision makers were we talking to", answer one or two, take from that what you like but imo PEB was/is not too high up on their list of things to do.