sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Well, it looks like John Duncan got himself a handful at 15c... Almost 500k for around $75k....

Thats a pretty good start - let's see if if any of the others show the same level of confidence...
    Yes, he showed confidence too by buying 500,000 shares at 20c when he became a director, remember? And he already bought 400,000 shares prior to becoming a director.

He will be down easily $100k so far on the 900k shares.

On the 500k he bought at 15c in the placement, he's already down $15k.

I must admit I am rather surprised he did not bailed out of the shares when he quit but if he likes throwing good money after bad like the institutions, one must wish him good luck!
    Last edited by Balance; 05-12-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I must admit I am rather surprised he did not bailed out of the shares when he quit but if he likes throwing good money after bad like the institutions, one must wish him good luck!
    Do you really wish him good luck? Or would you rather be right and see PEB finally fail?

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Do you really wish him good luck? Or would you rather be right and see PEB finally fail?
    Why would I wish PEB to fail?

I am on record writing (previous postings) that NZ needs companies like PEB to succeed. We desperately need meditech and biotech companies to succeed just as they have in Australia - Cochlear and CSL come to mind.

But we do not need directors and management of the type in PEB who have showed themselves to be incompetent, unaccountable and thoroughly lacking in commercial nous - burning through capital raised through using highly positive expectations and promises which they have not delivered on.

I wish John Duncan good luck because I am suitably surprised & impressed that he is prepared to put in good money after bad so far. He will be sitting on a loss in excess of $100k so far.

I am on record writing (previous postings) that NZ needs companies like PEB to succeed. We desperately need meditech and biotech companies to succeed just as they have in Australia - Cochlear and CSL come to mind.

But we do not need directors and management of the type in PEB who have showed themselves to be incompetent, unaccountable and thoroughly lacking in commercial nous - burning through capital raised through using highly positive expectations and promises which they have not delivered on.

I wish John Duncan good luck because I am suitably surprised & impressed that he is prepared to put in good money after bad so far. He will be sitting on a loss in excess of $100k so far.
    Thank you. I appreciate your response.

ASX may have Cochlear and CSL but they have an awful lot of dross in the biotech sector. The (highly) profitable non-multinational biotech in NZ is all in private hands

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    ASX may have Cochlear and CSL but they have an awful lot of dross in the biotech sector. The (highly) profitable non-multinational biotech in NZ is all in private hands
    All true, kiwidollabill and the profitable non-multinational biotech companies in NZ will continue to stay in private hands as there are really no huge success stories on the NZX to prompt them to list, raise capital and grow their businesses many fold.

Instead all we see are the diabolical Genesis, Botry Zen, Bliss, PEB, Truscreen, SeaDragon etc hogging the 'flashing $$$ down the dunny' biotech & medtech NZX listed sector!

That's a pity for NZ as a thriving and growing medtech and biotech sector here will do great things for the future of our country - create jobs, provide opportunities & inspirations for youngsters coming through and provide another leg to our economic base.

Think of what ATM and Xero have done for NZ or for that matter, Diligent and Serko.

I recently evaluated a mussel extract company run by a scientist which has been funded by a few private individuals over the last 5 years - amazing pharmaceutical and medical uses from the extract. Had to agree with them that they should accept an offer made to them from one of NZ's most successful and diverse private family owned companies (turnover in the billions of dollars) to take over the company. The scientist and his several staff keep their jobs, the company gets a few million dollars more worth of funding to commercialize the product and the investors made 200% on their funds. NZX and we as investors miss out on the opportunity.

Advanced Member

You missed ICP Bio Balance. For those interested in some history.
    https://www.interest.co.nz/news/4681...hester-icp-bio
    And yes....your summation above is 100% correct, NZ Inc is the big loser.
    What sensible investor would put money into this sector given its history ?
    Oooops….I did...for a while.

the more successful NZ biotech companies and medically related ones seem to list in Australia on ASX look at NEU and VHT both NZ intelligence and NZ companies (at least originally)

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    You missed ICP Bio Balance. For those interested in some history.
    https://www.interest.co.nz/news/4681...hester-icp-bio
    And yes....your summation above is 100% correct, NZ Inc is the big loser.
    What sensible investor would put money into this sector given its history ?
    Oooops….I did...for a while.
    Haha - indeed I did!

What a stinker that was! Dodgy accounting (ie. sales brought forward, sale or return), ever new & bigger deals in India, US and where-ever else, CEO who succeeded at nothing in the listed space (next posting for him was Certified Organics*) and shareholders fighting one another!

* Yet another listed biotech disaster! https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...&highlight=cer
    Last edited by Balance; 06-12-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Haha - indeed I did!

What a stinker that was! Dodgy accounting (ie. sales brought forward, sale or return), ever new & bigger deals in India, US and where-ever else, CEO who succeeded at nothing in the listed space (next posting for him was Certified Organics) and shareholders fighting one another!
    Interesting, I had a walk through of the old ICP bio facility a few years back (now owned by MP bio), the production room occupies a fraction of the overall complex and clearly there were greater aspirations for scale.... from a product perspective although the BSA they manufactured is of extremely good quality it is overspec of what the majority of the market needs...

Again, an overseas company gets it right.... https://www.proliantbiologicals.com/...aland-facility