sharetrader

Been away from this thread for many months - due mainly to the continual bitching, relentless criticism, negativity and tall poppy syndrome comments from those who think they know it all....as if the comments are somehow meant to shame the PEB Board/Management into making things happen. The main offenders appear to be, of course, those who are "under water" because they didn't know it all - after all! So, this is their way of getting their own back on the market. I see nothing's changed.

One of the things you gain from taking the time to attend AGM and Update meetings is not only watching the body language of those present, but you get to ask some REAL questions and, if you're lucky, you may also get to learn some meaningful titbits while you quietly slurp a bit of Merlot and swallow the occasional prawn on a skewer.

What impressed me this time is the Chairman and the CEO openly stated they underestimated just how long it would take to get the full sign off from likes of CMS and KP. This was a breath of fresh air for me - there is nothing wrong with being upfront and honest about past failures.

But they were equally adamant that PEB were "7 years ahead" of any rival competitor and the CxBladder suite of products were right at the forefront of cutting edge medical technology. They were also adamant PEB had done (& continued to do) everything that was expected of them (& could do no more) in respect to meeting their obligations and it was solely a matter of waiting for KP and CMS to finish their internal processes. They were totally focussed on getting the US market over the line and sounded very positive this was the correct strategy.

There was no fudging on the subject of cash either. Chris stated they had enough for the next 12 months ($20m in the bank) and they were acutely aware how the "NZ" market would view things if they had to go back for more. He hinted overseas money might be attractive if necessary.

You can post your woes on here, but there seems to be no doubt, PEB has world class products and are controlling everything they can control. But until KP and CMS goes through their processes and navigates the sloth like red tape and bureaucracy - there is nothing PEB can do.

There was another titbit I learned from someone who will remain nameless but, in fairness to them and the success of PEB, I will keep that close for now.

Yep...enjoyed my trip to the big smoke.

(Oooopps - almost forgot to mention that you may be pleased to learn everyone, from the Chairman down, travels "economy" class).
    Last edited by Dentie; 21-04-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Completeness

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

What impressed me this time is the Chairman and the CEO openly stated they underestimated just how long it would take to get the full sign off from likes of CMS and KP. This was a breath of fresh air for me - there is nothing wrong with being upfront and honest about past failures.

But they were equally adamant that PEB were "7 years ahead" of any rival competitor and the CxBladder suite of products were right at the forefront of cutting edge medical technology. They were also adamant PEB had done (& continued to do) everything that was expected of them (& could do no more) in respect to meeting their obligations and it was solely a matter of waiting for KP and CMS to finish their internal processes. They were totally focussed on getting the US market over the line and sounded very positive this was the correct strategy.

There was no fudging on the subject of cash either. Chris stated they had enough for the next 12 months ($20m in the bank) and they were acutely aware how the "NZ" market would view things if they had to go back for more. He hinted overseas money might be attractive if necessary.

You can post your woes on here, but there seems to be no doubt, PEB has world class products and are controlling everything they can control. But until KP and CMS goes through their processes and navigates the sloth like red tape and bureaucracy - there is nothing PEB can do.

There was another titbit I learned from someone who will remain nameless but, in fairness to them and the success of PEB, I will keep that close for now.
    Haha - what else can the Chairman and CEO say? They have achieved bugger all to say otherwise!

Empty words and empty deeds - they have failed at achieving milestones, deadlines, expectations and forecasts after spending the tens of millions of dollars obtained (after promising plenty) from shareholders and investors!

If PEB's products are indeed and truly 7 years ahead of their competitors, the existing management are obviously the wrong people to implement the commercialization program for the company then.

Share price tells you that their underwriters have run out of patience - imagine the company's fortunes now hang on CMS and KP! What happened to everything else? Based on the company's assertions to date of the other 'successes' they have had, having CMS and KP on board will mean bugger all anyway.

There is everything wrong with admitting past mistakes when the company has steadfastly misled the market about real progress YEAR after YEAR - refer #16282.

Spare us the body language - show us the 'several tens of thousands' of tests or put some money back into the company by buying shares on the market.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-04-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Been away from this thread for many months - due mainly to the continual bitching, relentless criticism, negativity and tall poppy syndrome comments from those who think they know it all....as if the comments are somehow meant to shame the PEB Board/Management into making things happen. The main offenders appear to be, of course, those who are "under water" because they didn't know it all - after all! So, this is their way of getting their own back on the market. I see nothing's changed.

One of the things you gain from taking the time to attend AGM and Update meetings is not only watching the body language of those present, but you get to ask some REAL questions and, if you're lucky, you may also get to learn some meaningful titbits while you quietly slurp a bit of Merlot and swallow the occasional prawn on a skewer.

Yep...enjoyed my trip to the big smoke.

(Oooopps - almost forgot to mention that you may be pleased to learn everyone, from the Chairman down, travels "economy" class).
    Thanks Dentie.
    It's good to have some feedback from someone who actually attended.
    Like you and many others I have stopped posting for the same reasons. I suppose it's difficult for people who have lost a bag load of money due to poor decision making to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Thanks Dentie.
    It's good to have some feedback from someone who actually attended.
    Like you and many others I have stopped posting for the same reasons. I suppose it's difficult for people who have lost a bag load of money due to poor decision making to let it go.
    Haha - the ones who have lost a bagload of money are those holding. Ask Harbour, Devon, Salt and the other big holders.

Share price back to where it was in September 2012 - 5.5 years of going backwards.

Rights issues and capital raisings :

Oct 2013 - 55c

May 2015 - 61c

Feb 2017 - 50c

Oct 2017 - 32c

The ones who saw the company and management for who they are (incompetent, misleading and consistently wrong) sold and if they choose, can buy the shares sold back at current level (if there is any future at all) after saving themselves a whole heap of losses and grief.
    Last edited by Balance; 21-04-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Haha - the ones who have lost a bagload of money are those holding. Ask Harbour, Devon, Salt and the other big holders.

Share price back to where it was in September 2012 - 5.5 years of going backwards.

Rights issues and capital raisings :

Oct 2013 - 55c

May 2015 - 61c

Feb 2017 - 50c

Oct 2017 - 32c

The ones who saw the company and management for who they are (incompetent, misleading and consistently wrong) sold and if they choose, can buy the shares sold back at current level (if there is any future at all) after saving themselves a whole heap of losses and grief.
    Made heaps on PEB over the years ......waiting for another day

I loved that 55c (or was it the 61 cent) capital raise ....share price was about $1.20 at the time

Only sad thing was that the 15 grand cash I gave them probably went towards Swannies fees or another David trip and not towards new research.

I still feel I own a bit of them ....after all I pumped real money into the company
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Made heaps on PEB over the years ......waiting for another day

I loved that 55c (or was it the 61 cent) capital raise ....share price was about $1.20 at the time

Only sad thing was that the 15 grand cash I gave them probably went towards Swannies fees or another David trip and not towards new research.

I still feel I own a bit of them ....after all I pumped real money into the company
    You and I two, W69.

Many of the directors and management of this company did not not even support the rights issue and capital raising while urging other shareholders to fork out yet more monies for them to burn - that 's the biggest red flag one could ever encounter in any company!

New deck, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You and I two, W69.

Many of the directors and management of this company did not not even support the rights issue and capital raising while urging other shareholders to fork out yet more monies for them to burn - that 's the biggest red flag one could ever encounter in any company!

New deck, anyone?
    Oh yeah Balance - thanks for reminding me...

One of the attendees asked that question of the Chairman. Mr Gallagher & Mr Levison advised they were both currently still "on the inside" (whatever that means) so apparently they are not yet allowed to own/buy shares (maybe you can explain that better for us Balance??) but both also indicated they would be purchasing once they were allowed to.

As for Mr Darling and Mr Masfen - they are both still part of the top ten shareholders....and they are not selling.

As for your previous post - why you no risten? You still don't seem to get it....or don't want to!

All I can read from your posts is that you lost some dosh on your previous buying decision and you seem to be on some sort of personal crusade to bury the company and make 'em pay! I mean, how dare they right? At least W69's posts seem balanced (no pun intended ).

Oh yeah Balance - thanks for reminding me...

One of the attendees asked that question of the Chairman. Mr Gallagher & Mr Levison advised they were both currently still "on the inside" (whatever that means) so apparently they are not yet allowed to own/buy shares (maybe you can explain that better for us Balance??) but both also indicated they would be purchasing once they were allowed to.

As for Mr Darling and Mr Masfen - they are both still part of the top ten shareholders....and they are not selling.

As for your previous post - why you no risten? You still don't seem to get it....or don't want to!

All I can read from your posts is that you lost some dosh on your previous buying decision and you seem to be on some sort of personal crusade to bury the company and make 'em pay! I mean, how dare they right? At least W69's posts seem balanced (no pun intended ).
    On the inside - refers to the exclusion period leading to and after balance and reporting dates when insiders are not allowed to buy or sell shares. PEB has a balance date of 31 March so until the company reports, it is true that they are on the inside.

Mr Gallagher and Mr Levison has had plenty of time to invest since they were appointed as directors in 2016 - enough said.

Mr Darling and Mr Masfen cannot sell now even if they wanted to - the sp will collapse and DD can forget about his next paycheck ($500k plus expenses plus benefits every year for delivering bugger all).

My position with PEB is very very clear and has been stated many times - you can insinuate for all you like but PEB has got away with making far too many misleading and unrealistic statements to be allowed to be unchallenged.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-04-2018 at 11:52 AM.

There seems to be an inkling of Smartshares selling their active holdings in a number of shares, including the likes of Wellington Drive, Pacific Edge, Comvita etc.

I hope they don't do that, but I also concede it is contrary to their "passive approach" to investing. NZX has been a frontrunner in the NZ market with their ETF products through the Smartshares/SuperLife vehicle.

The SuperLife guy finished up his contract in late 2017, so I gather the new Funds Management guy is starting to throw his weight around.

Any thoughts on a "passive manager" retaining some active positions such as Pacific Edge, Wellington Drive?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by When the bass drops View Post
    There seems to be an inkling of Smartshares selling their active holdings in a number of shares, including the likes of Wellington Drive, Pacific Edge, Comvita etc.

I hope they don't do that, but I also concede it is contrary to their "passive approach" to investing. NZX has been a frontrunner in the NZ market with their ETF products through the Smartshares/SuperLife vehicle.

The SuperLife guy finished up his contract in late 2017, so I gather the new Funds Management guy is starting to throw his weight around.

Any thoughts on a "passive manager" retaining some active positions such as Pacific Edge, Wellington Drive?
    Unlikely, given how badly many of them haveperformed (which unfortunately includes PEB). By the sounds of it, the selling is already well and truly underwayalthough an SSH notice hasn’t been issued.