sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    And as for "investment acumen?"

30 odd years ago we invested, not in shares, but in the parallel universe of property.

Believe me. Many lessons learnt along the way work for both.

Economic cycles? Property cycles? Supply and demand? ... Got it.

But my knowledge of property is far, far superior to my knowledge of shares (kind of busy staying broke and paying off large mortgages for too many years to invest much money in the sharemarket)

Thus my question about Takeovers and if there is a threat.

Is there a real one?
    Property and shares should be the same game - long term, quality (location), ignore short term gyrations and both offer tax free capital gains in NZ.

They are different however because with property, investors and homeowners feel they are in control - they can see, touch and manage the properties directly. Plus, there's little market noise unlike shares which can gyrate around day to day! Difference in favor of shares - liquidity.

Takeover of PEB?

I cannot recall posting about PEB as a takeover target in recent times but certainly that was my belief 6 years ago when PEB started reporting the various 'deals' they had done in the US. Nothing happened as those 'deals' went nowhere!

The big pharmaceutical firms look for opportunities like PEB once their products are proven in the market place - a lot easier to acquire said companies & their products to bolt onto their strong and huge global distribution base, than spend big bucks attempting to come up with said products.

So yes, PEB is vulnerable now they have CMS & KP on board - and will increasingly become more attractive when they land more deals. More vulnerable to takeover too if the sp does not reflect the company's true potential.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-08-2020 at 02:00 PM.

0.66 - 0.67c is pretty good! considering ANZ got them for 0.65, i don't think they'll drop below that? just picked up some more

Kindly try reading what others have posted as this was shared by Longhaul 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Property and shares should be the same game - long term, quality (location), ignore short term gyrations and both offer tax free capital gains in NZ.

They are different however because with property, investors and homeowners feel they are in control - they can see, touch and manage the properties directly. Plus, there's little market noise unlike shares which can gyrate around day to day! Difference in favor of shares - liquidity.
    Difference in favour of property - easy leverage (at least when the market is heading in the right direction relative to interest rates, which is more often than not).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    And as for "investment acumen?" 30 odd years ago we invested, not in shares, but in the parallel universe of property.
    These days residential property is subject to a lot of rules, including tax, that other businesses are not subject to. Fortunately it is quite possible to (perfectly legally) avoid most of those rules.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Kindly try reading what others have posted as this was shared by Longhaul 3 days ago.
    Surely a contender for most valuable sharetrader post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Fair enough but do keep in mind however that some posters simply do not follow the threads day by day, and if they feel they come across useful information (good or bad), they should share.

Always appreciate all posters who bother to post.

Already have most of my portfolio in PEB , definitely looking to add more around this time, i'm speculating an increased lockdown in Auckland so maybe Friday afternoons announcement will be a good time to stock up?

AWOL

For total enlightenment anyone contemplating wisdom through these threads should start at the beginning and get back to us later on.
    Much later on.