sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Hmm I did buy back in this morning before I read the CEO has announced his retirement. And I thought there may be a wave of goodwill riding today based on last week's announcement.
    Ouch - Tough call. Sudden changes/news like this is why I prefer to buy in increments over time and take advantage of DCA. Wish you well.

(FWIW I bought more last Fri on the good news, however my DCA is well below today's SP. I'm going to continue holding and use next results to inform any changes.)

ps can't help comparing to today's SML news re their CEO. I much prefer the way PEB is managing the transition. Next PEB CEO may well come out of USA?? Interesting times ahead.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 12-04-2021 at 12:41 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Do they have a 'back office & lab' testing process (send to base, test, send result) that can scale to 10's or 100's of thousands of tests?
    They apparently have the capacity for 200,000 tests PA.
    Nobody is expecting them to be in profit but they are now getting CMS payments and will have some input from Kaiser since the last HY.
    How much remains to be seen and it will be interesting to see if the PIHSS system has produced during the Covid crisis
    Any kind of reasonable reduction in operating losses would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Thank you but I was fortunate to establish an ongoing email relationship with the founder of this thread (no not Gryffn) who has been the guiding light on the published information coming forth from PEB over the years.
    Consequently most of the kudos should be directed there. I know he does keep up to date with ST.
    How is Bryan these days?

Or am I mistaken
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dave’s done a great job getting it this far. A years notice is good and gives PEB a good length of time to find a replacement with the right skills for the next stage of growth. Dave’s replacement will look at the business with fresh eyes.

18 years is a long time at the helm. DD will be well taken care of in retirement with his 8.7m shares. I see it as a positive - the company is at a new stage in its evolution and the leadership should reflect this.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Ouch - Tough call. Sudden changes/news like this is why I prefer to buy in increments over time and take advantage of DCA. Wish you well.

(FWIW I bought more last Fri on the good news, however my DCA is well below today's SP. I'm going to continue holding and use next results to inform any changes.)

ps can't help comparing to today's SML news re their CEO. I much prefer the way PEB is managing the transition. Next PEB CEO may well come out of USA?? Interesting times ahead.
    The money I've put into PEB is money I could afford to lose (not that I want to). I know nothing about Biotech and my foray into 2 ASX companies have been a disaster. I'm in a similar boat as you and usually only buy a small stake in high-risk investments but add more if the investment has been de-risked or a path to sustainable growth has been cleared out.

I know nothing of the existing CEO but sometimes the change of a CEO can have an exciting effect on a company if it enters a different phase. I read before that the current CEO is a master of fund raising so maybe the new CEO has experience in the US healthcare sector and knows how to grow sales? Cxbladder is such a mature and exciting prospect PEB should be able to attract a high calibre of CEO right?

Either way I truly hope that PEB will become a NZ investing success story. Our financial market needs great NZ companies that can grow and take on the world.

We'll probably have to pay the new CEO heaps more than the $600k odd that David was getting

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We'll probably have to pay the new CEO heaps more than the $600k odd that David was getting

Pay peanuts, get ......

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Pay peanuts, get ......
    ...hope you not saying that's been one of the problems with PEB over the years

I think it's good, 18 years is a long time in the saddle. Very healthy decision to know when to step back and enjoy your hard work.
    The next CEO will likely have the skills to take PEB to the next level. The next 12 months aren't going to be stellar but maybe an opportunity to buy some more at bargain prices when results disapoint.