sharetrader
Page 24 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast
    Guru

In terms of uptake--What you will want to see now is good uptake numbers in Australia where it has been on the market since June.
    This will be the first indication of how the product is received.
    If these numbers are good then thats a good indication of how things will go in the states.
    We can say whatever we like about the product,but as far as the market goes,until we see some numbers from its initial launch in Australia,then as far as the states goes ,its blind faith at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Blobbies, a couple of points.

1. I suspect the growth required to have Hershey running at maximum would take 5-8 years, if cxBladder alone is their product.
    2. CxColorectal will be ready for showtime in the next year or two.
    3. They can fail because of external forces, like the highly politicised world of health in the USA.
    4. They are a takeover opportunity when they start to eat into marketshare, until then, they are just a patent warehouse which a healthcare company could pick over the bones should PEB fail.

The risks are greater than you let on. If uptake is slow, then the share price will drop to 30c. They will likely be bought out by a health company who knows how to market products for a pittance

BUT, the rewards are huge should they deliver. Your share price will be more like $6 or $8 if they can manage the kind of earnings with multiple diagnostic products I think they are capable of.

Remember - it's not just CxBladder, but a whole suite of cancer diagnostic tests based on their patented technology.

I would tend to agree, the way I see it PEB's biggest hurdle is convincing the U.S insurance companies to pay for the use of their product.

The product is proven to work and is a market leader however if the insurance companies shun the product the share price will dive and PEB
    will have to focus on another market, which would add a few more years before investors were to see returns.

In saying that on the balance of probabilities cxbladder should begin to significantly start eating into market share come march and I think we
    are all onto a winner.

[QUOTE=SparkyTheClown;392196]I It is urologists who may need to grapple with a product that costs less (and therefore worry they may not make as much money). profit margin the QUOTE]

Hopefully the New Jersey urologist who is currently writing a paper to go to the AUA will spark some interest amongst his peers, and being in print in the American Journal of Urology will undoubtedly encourage sales.

I sincerely hope your fear re costs is unfounded, although of course today medicine is much more about $$ than it is the patients.

[QUOTE=SparkyTheClown;392198]
    Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post

Not unfounded sadly. It's a real threat, but it is balanced by the fact that powerful health insurance companies and litigious patients will force a market solution to use a better product, even if it is possibly cheaper, annoying the urologist trying to maximise profits.

It is the politics that scare me the most. Lobbyists in the health sector could sew fear and uncertainty with politicians and media, causing a PR headache. That gives urologists a reason to not use the product - "because there are too many uncertainties, and Mr Jones, you deserve certainty when I care for you as you face this awful cancer challenge".
    Yes of course, it is a real threat, as is any (particularly) medical associated venture in the US. I do feel though that PEB are taking small steps with major care and caution, and have hope that they will win out by their guarded entry into the States. Lobbyists? Q: What’s the difference between a shame and a pity?
    A: If a busload of Lobbyists goes over a cliff, and there are no survivors, that’s known as a pity. If there were any empty seats, that’s a shame.

And Hancocks has just made a good point re health conscious people. I think Sir Peter Leitch, aka the Mad Butcher, would have done much to put the CX Bladder test on the radar of many in NZ.
    Last edited by karen1; 03-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.

老外

Thanks for that Sparky, my eternal optimism sometimes needs dampening back to reality! I agree now, its not all plain sailing, but you have to like their chances :-)

Any idea when we can expect to see numbers from Australia? Agree, it does seem to be the best indicator.
    I was a holder of PEB and currently looking out for another entry point.

yea good work Barney.......any Science Graduates out there?.......might be a good source of some "inside info"??
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Here is a download from Healthscope that gives a good idea of the 'easy' marketing and makes good reading.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...aCOocfpfIsxNng
    Good stuff, Hancocks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Kf7AzqVD

Amazing young girl - makes me think I mis-spent my youth