sharetrader
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    1: Revenue excludes tests sold in the US for which cash payment has yet to be received, as well as tests completed for patients covered by the CMS. CMS tests account forapproximately 47% of annual US laboratory throughput and Pacific Edge will seek reimbursement for these when it is included in the CMS’s Local Coverage Determination (LCD). Asat 31 March 2019, Pacific Edge has completed and invoiced a total of 17,015 tests for CMS patients in the USA, for which we are yet to be reimbursed.

I make that nearly 20 million NZD.
    Is that a total for the time being in the US or for the financial year? Cause those account receivables don't show it if it is the case.

AWOL

Thats what the unholy kerfuffle last year was all about.
    Taking all the unpaid CMS tests out of the equation and reporting sales only when the money arrives in the US usually up to a year late.
    When CMS decides to issue the LCD it will be interesting to see how much of the amount owing actually arrives.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Thats what the unholy kerfuffle last year was all about.
    Taking all the unpaid CMS tests out of the equation and reporting sales only when the money arrives in the US usually up to a year late.
    When CMS decides to issue the LCD it will be interesting to see how much of the amount owing actually arrives.
    At least you acknowledge implicitly, perhaps in absence of the previously continual derision, that there may be some doubt whether PEB ever get paid, or how much gets paid for the $20m or so (your number) worth of CMS tests. Any which way you look at it, this is one seriously awkward business.

GLTAH

To the same point, how likely are CMS going to be to cough up payment on vapour invoices which are years old? Are there examples with other early stage businesses/products in the US where that indeed has occured?

AWOL

If any NZ control authority was to take on a US made product in the nature of cxBladder and utilize it in the way that CMS has done, accumulating endless verification and data at no initial cost to them in order to be absolutely certain of its practicality and usefulness, I think there would be some sort of polite request for payment.

The litigation scene and endless cases in the US are the barrier to any risk involved.

Its not just the product itself that they are selling, its the requirement to change an entrenched system of clinical pathways for a superior result.

The evidence is accumulating more and more that this test exceeds its original mandate as an adjunct to cystoscopy, in some cases replacing it.

If the company ever gets sufficient sales, to even break even, (and I sincerely doubt it), We will still have to deal with the over exuberance of the company staff and directors.
    As a result I see the following:
    Shareholding watered down so much, through continuous captal raising.
    The company will take so many years to cover losses accumulated.
    Directors will pat themselves on the back so hard, they will give themselves large payrises to make them feel better.
    Then as doctors they will start to research another product which will have the same 'cost to profitability model', which will absorb any of the possible cash flow from cxbladder
    and more. This company is doomed financially, but may be carrying out a beneficial service. I think the best scenario is that a takeover is carried out by one of the big pharma. But I cant see windfall profits being passed onto shareholders. PEB, is supporting the Otago University, training, and infrastructure cost only, with cxbladder a fun learning experience only.

Guru

Great buying opportunity yesterday for those who did not pony up in last years SPP !, who had the courage?

From memory they were hoping that half the unpaid tests would be paid when LCD came through. They seem convinced it will come although I think they talked of expecting it to take 3 years from the start and that has morphed to 5. Now that the results are out the directors will be able to fill their pockets buying shares with their own money.....oh that's right, money where their mouths are is sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Great buying opportunity yesterday for those who did not pony up in last years SPP !, who had the courage?
    Felt like I was walking through the valley of death but I picked up a small parcel at 18c.

Back on the PEB register for the first time in a few years.

I can understand the temptation, the company is producing something and its beneficial to society. However, really need a big pharma behind it to bring it on line. Technology moves so fast, that unless such tests are integrated into the market swiftly, they are surpasssed by other products for various reasons. Worse still PEB is virtually run by doctors. The company needs a board who are exempt from the connection doctors have with the product and view it virtually as a business product. At this rate of growth, they will never be profitable. If by some chance they are profitable, then the number of shares on issue will be so much that it will be a stock that you hold as a gift to mankind.
    Yes we think buy now and wait till the next announcement which will give you a quick profit.

Wynyard was the same, but its the last announcement that major shareholders are no longer going to support the company that kills your investment. It that the next one or the one after that. This is not an investment, it is a gamble and the odds are not that good, something approximating a one armed bandit on a cruise ship.

Having said that, the contrary opinion is what do I know. My assertions will invariably be wrong, the share price will start to take off, the company will become profitable and profits will abound for all. So take out a mortgage on the house and get in big time. NOT