sharetrader

Also interesting, Bryan said that it is not particular long for proving PEB in US when a question said it is quite long. How long will normally similar product get breakthrough, 10-15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus2000 View Post
    Also interesting, Bryan said that it is not particular long for proving PEB in US when a question said it is quite long. How long will normally similar product get breakthrough, 10-15 years?
    I found that interesting also and they had two products approved together which he said was highly unusual.Happy to have my hard earned here at least for the medium term
    South east asia is a huge market with Singapore been the medical hub and they mentioned they are close to commercialization opportunities there in the near term
    655 million
    Southeast Asia covers about 4.5 million km2 (1.7 million mi2), which is 10.5% of Asia or 3% of earth's total land area. Its total population is more than 655 million, about 8.5% of the world's population.
    Last edited by nevchev; 05-08-2020 at 06:39 PM.

I am interested in others impression of the AGM.

Mine was that they have a large number of possible, highly likely, contracts in the pipeline but for reasons of commercial sensitivity / negotiations couldn't reveal much.

Anyone got a time machine so I can roll back a month or two and double my shareholding at 10 cents per share?

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post

Mine was that they have a large number of possible, highly likely, contracts in the pipeline but for reasons of commercial sensitivity / negotiations couldn't reveal much.

Anyone got a time machine so I can roll back a month or two and double my shareholding at 10 cents per share?
    Was happy to hear Johns Hopkins get a special mention.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Please go easy on me as its my first post - Any ideas on the likely effect of inclusion on the NZX in Dec (if that happens?)
    Welcome to the forum.

IMHO the likely inclusion in any index has little overall effect on the SP at that date as institutions often anticipate any changes in the index and start acquiring the target shares well before and after the date. In addition some institutions are adept at using trading bot's to help manipulate the SP to benefit their major acquisitions.

In my experience the thing that can really change a SP is unexpected good news. Examples are the Coca-Cola strategic stake acquisition in PLX, or news from PEB re CMS coverage and Kaiser. It pays to make sure you use the 'email me any news' function on your watch-list of companies you are interested in, then buy your shares ASAP when you hear the good news.

In the PLX example the SP is currently up about 300% since the Coke news, while the more recent PEB example is currently up about 50%.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 05-08-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post

It's pretty clear there are heaps of opportunities with an addressable market of $1.2 billion per annum.

They are ramping up their sales force to spread the word and are gearing up to ensure they deliver gold-standard service to KP and others in the USA.
    They will be negotiating to receive payment for 22000+ unpaid tests. Being paid for even 50% of them will be a big plus.
    Covid has created opportunities for more home sampling but difficulties in getting their message to the market. Overall, the odds are well in favour of huge success for PEB. I believe further positive announcements are inevitable but we just have to patient till ink is on the paper.

I doubled my holding over the past couple of months and have no intention of selling any.

I think today's minor SP drop is the result of disappointed opportunists selling because there was no price sensitive announcement at the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Was happy to hear Johns Hopkins get a special mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    It's pretty clear there are heaps of opportunities with an addressable market of $1.2 billion per annum.

They are ramping up their sales force to spread the word and are gearing up to ensure they deliver gold-standard service to KP and others in the USA.
    They will be negotiating to receive payment for 22000+ unpaid tests. Being paid for even 50% of them will be a big plus.
    Covid has created opportunities for more home sampling but difficulties in getting their message to the market. Overall, the odds are well in favour of huge success for PEB. I believe further positive announcements are inevitable but we just have to patient till ink is on the paper.

I doubled my holding over the past couple of months and have no intention of selling any.

I think today's minor SP drop is the result of disappointed opportunists selling because there was no price sensitive announcement at the meeting.
    Absolutely agree on the minor SP drop.

As for the next couple of years? I suspect those selling now will regret they did long before the 2 years is up.

Very pleased I kept the faith for the last 7 years and added to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Please go easy on me as its my first post - Any ideas on the likely effect of inclusion on the NZX in Dec (if that happens?)
    I have a slightly different take to left field.Once PEB is included in the NZX 50 a lot of brokers who don’t currently analyse the stock will analyse the stock and that will lead to interest from their clients and potentially buy recommendations for their clients. This will flow through in the weeks or months after inclusion as brokers add it to their list of companies to analyse and tell their clients about. However, by and large New Zealand brokers don’t understand these types of stocks and are unlikely to make strong buy recommendations

It won’t make a huge difference but it should increase the SP at the time of the announcement. Some fund managers will buy in advance but the ones managing NZX 50 stocks will usually have to wait until after the announcement is made. Left field is right that buying algorithms and bots help the fund managers keep the prices low, but only on stocks with high liquidity.
    Last edited by tango; 06-08-2020 at 12:07 AM.

One more thought… As the idea of Pacific edge being included in the NZX 50 has already been published this is built into the price to some extent already, so the bump in price will probably not be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    One more thought… As the idea of Pacific edge being included in the NZX 50 has already been published this is built into the price to some extent already, so the bump in price will probably not be huge.
    Suspect that there are some punters in PEB who were expecting a spike in the sp leading to a September index inclusion.

Now that the indexing looks like December will be the earliest (and subjected to a number of variables - sp holding up and stocks of other companies staying down), the punters are taking their money & gains off the table.