sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    It would certainly be nice to hear about sales action, but ultimately not very many people are going to want to pay for a product that can't be robustly proven to work, and lots of people will prefer (and ultimately pay for) one that can.

Perhaps PEB would have had a stellar trajectory if it had adopted a different strategy in approaching regulatory approval, or big pharma had come aboard, or or or - and certainly the Directors have made some very unwise announcements and attempts to "spin", but I don't see how publication and scientific validation in larger and larger studies can be anything but good news.
    You will get to see the sales results on the 29th and I believe you will not be pleasantly surprised. Maybe a capital raise coming up....

As I said before I do want this company to succeed and would invest again if the story changed into something profitable. Due to dilution of this share, I do not see the share price exceeding $1 even if they hit the $100 million sales in the near future. All the best to holders and hope that PEB manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat. I sold out at 48 cents and purchased at roughly 65 cents. I feel lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You will get to see the sales results on the 29th and I believe you will not be pleasantly surprised. Maybe a capital raise coming up....

As I said before I do want this company to succeed and would invest again if the story changed into something profitable. Due to dilution of this share, I do not see the share price exceeding $1 even if they hit the $100 million sales in the near future. All the best to holders and hope that PEB manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat. I sold out at 48 cents and purchased at roughly 65 cents. I feel lucky so far.
    Sorry - I wasn't clear enough. I have no idea what the sales figures will be. They have been pretty abysmal so far. But I believe the publication of further impressive results in prestigious journals is good news for the company. Balance of course may think otherwise, but I am sure he will tell us when he returns.

OK. I know I am taking a risk here. And not just financially. I am taking the risk of striking the match which could ignite another firestorm of passionate debate as well. Call me old-fashioned. A contrarion. Or dare I say it - 'un-'Balanced'. As a past investor in, and loser of considerable funds, through investing in PEB, I have decided I am going to throw off the last shackles from my straight-jacket of thwarted expectations, and start accumulating PEB shares again. OK. Here is my rationale.

#1. I have recently become convinced that CX-Bladder is actually a damn fine product. LINK: https://www.europeanurology.com/arti...351-3/fulltext ... "the paper provides compelling evidence further validating the performance of Cxbladder in evaluating patients who have inconclusive diagnosis for UC following cystoscopy and cytology[2] . Cxbladder delivered 100% accuracy in adjudicating atypical and equivocal diagnostic results enabling physicians to resolve this diagnostic dilemma without the inconvenience and added cost of re-evaluating the patient. Cxbladder also significantly outperformed cytology for accurately identifying patients who do not have UC. This real world outcome positions Cxbladder for consideration for inclusion in international guidelines."
    #2 Closing in on 100% take up by DHBs in NZ.
    #3 Close to jumping hurdle 3 of 3 hurdle in the US
    #4 Enough cash to last 3 years aprrox. even without an improving run-rate
    #5 Declining OPEX
    # and several more signs that the worm may have turned.

I too had thrown the baby out with the bath-water on this one, but I have now fished the baby from the drain, washed it down and taken a close look. And now that the baby is a bit older, I think I see growth hormones.

And PEB has the same odour as some other shares I have watched. And watched. And invested in. And lost money on. Because it takes always takes longer thn you want. XRO, PLX, A2M come to mind.

DISC. Have purchased a very small bundle and am watching closely.

Guru

Drew95, how did you arrive at #4?

I make it another cash raise within 6-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Drew95, how did you arrive at #4?

I make it another cash raise within 6-12 months.
    Yep sorry. Put a 6 month number in my spreadsheet thinking it was a 12 month number.

You are right. By my (revised) calculations, they would need to increase sales by 100% annually to avoid the need for a cash raise.

6 month to Sept 17 / 6 months to Sept 18 Operating Revenue +42% so heading in the right direction.

And they would need keep a lid on OPEX - I would like more insight into the correlation between Revenue and OPEX. In the same period as O/R was up 42%, OPEX was down by 15%.

At the current 42% annual growth rate would need about another $20+ mill. over 3 years with cash running out before March 2020- as you say. Is this close to what you get?

So the question is - can they double sales annually for the next couple of years?

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drew95 View Post
    #1. I have recently become convinced that CX-Bladder is actually a damn fine product. LINK: https://www.europeanurology.com/arti...351-3/fulltext ... "the paper provides compelling evidence further validating the performance of Cxbladder in evaluating patients who have inconclusive diagnosis for UC following cystoscopy and cytology[2] . Cxbladder delivered 100% accuracy in adjudicating atypical and equivocal diagnostic results enabling physicians to resolve this diagnostic dilemma without the inconvenience and added cost of re-evaluating the patient. Cxbladder also significantly outperformed cytology for accurately identifying patients who do not have UC. This real world outcome positions Cxbladder for consideration for inclusion in international guidelines."
    Unfortunately I don't see that having a 'damn fine product' holds much weight in the sector. To me it's a "Do you think management can be more than lambs in a bull pen" question.

Big fish eat little fish...

Guru

PEB has been going since 2001, I guess based on much of the original science? In the time taken to develop the product, get to market, get regulatory approval and gain market traction in the last 18 years, how has new scientific or technological developments surpassed them??

While I really wanted them to be a success, it seems more unlikely as time drifts and cash burns.....

Disc: Never held.

Strong growth reported ...and its accelerating

Pretty cool

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...209/300760.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

The wait is over...

• Overall, the Company reported a net loss of $(17.9)m for the year, an improvement of 9% on FY18.
    • Pacific Edge had cash, cash equivalents and short term deposits of $12.9m as at 31 March 2019.

Only a matter of time before the next cash raise. Here's the full report.

GLH.

Accumulated losses now $137m ....pretty impressive
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”