sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    CxBladder test is much safer for medical staff during this Covid times, rather than close contact cystoscopy. More money can be made for a dr doing a cystoscopy, but the test might be done for social distancing? ( I think thats been covered before, but just thinking out loud)
    It depends I guess on who drives this. Insurance companies and paying patients would go for the cheapest option.
    Can doctors insist on going down the more expensive cystoscope route?
    Last edited by Brain; 13-07-2020 at 09:18 AM.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    It depends I guess on who drives this. Insurance companies and paying patients would go for the cheapest option.
    Can doctors insist on going down the more expensive cystoscope route?
    Yes, they can if the guidelines recommend cytoscopy. Urologists will do what they want, but if CxBladder makes its way into any guideline recommendation then it will really take off.
    This will be an interesting pt come August, when one would should be asking strongly how much uptake have they gathered already by Kaiser and CMS? And what the plan is to get the urologists fully on board.

AWOL

My bet is they have 16 sales people out there, armed with the CMS approvals for Detect and Monitor and KP adoption of Triage as convincing arguments, doing the rounds of previously hesitant and or unconvinced urologists, physicians, LUGs, etc.

On the cash side, CMS had 5600 tests done last year coming through for their approval.
    As this rate has been climbing steadily in recent years (without approval) I think that now Peb has those approvals from CMS the very least they can expect is getting 5600 tests paid for in this coming year.
    At 1000 bucks apiece $NZD 5,600,000 makes quite hole in the cashflow deficit based on the current Full Year 2020 stated throughput alone.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 13-07-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarity

Interesting to review what was said about a year ago :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12254670

"As well as Medicare, other major bodies the firm is targeting include Johns Hopkins Medicine, veterans' healthcare groups VA and Tricare, and Kaiser Permanente. Pacific Edge reduced its US sales force to 12 last year to contain costs, but sales growth had slowed as a result, Gallaher said. The board yesterday agreed to take that up to 16, which would still leave three lower-priority regions uncovered, he noted."

Now that Kaiser is in, guess next announcement about a deal could be Johns Hopkins, VA or Tricare.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Thanks for posting that joe.Very informative

Thanks. So at the 34 minute mark, David states the new guidelines for Triage and imaging have moved sensitivity to 97% and NPV to 99.7%.

Not sure if these relate only to NZ guidelines as that seems to be the context in which he states these new figures.

Outside thinking.

Thanks for posting. A comprehensive update on PEB, its achievements and the potential ahead. Exciting.

PEB has quite the competition. Some values of negative predictive values and other things mentioned in the article:

1) Xpert Bladder cancer monitor: 93% all bladdder cancers and 97.6% high grade tumours - done in a self-contained cartridge with 90 minutes turnover.
    2) Bladder EpiCheck test: 99.3% overall and 95.1% for non-low grade Ta occurrrence - not influenced by infections.
    3) Cxbladder: 97%.
    4) ADXBLADDER-MCM5: 93%.
    5) Uromonitor-V2: 95.3%.