sharetrader

This Auckland Meet and Greet Thing tomorrow (Long time holder, added shares over the years, looking forward to it)

Now, is there a secret handshake, signal, whatever for Sharetrader members?

I'd like to meet other members. So.... clues?

For me, hanging out with my brother, probably somewhere near the asparagus rolls seeing we'll either miss dinner or end up buying hamburgers if the snacks aren't great.

Enjoy Merc - I cannot make it due to other commitments - Hope you get a chance to met a few other ST members. Otherwise enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    This Auckland Meet and Greet Thing tomorrow (Long time holder, added shares over the years, looking forward to it)

For me, hanging out with my brother, probably somewhere near the asparagus rolls seeing we'll either miss dinner or end up buying hamburgers if the snacks aren't great.
    Sorry to hear about having to end up buying hamburgers Merc but don't worry... this time next year and you would hopefully be able to substitute the hamburgers with a decent sized lump of steak!!

All served down with a Bottle of Te Mata Coleraine 2003.. hmmm. Enjoy the Asparagus Rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    All served down with a Bottle of Te Mata Coleraine 2003.. hmmm. Enjoy the Asparagus Rolls
    Too upmarket for asparagus roles, but very tasty food. Water only tonight as driving.

Interesting evening.

They obviously learnt their lesson back in 2014 about promising too soon and discovering the time frames were unobtainable, so are now keeping their cards very close to their chest.

Covid, as expected, had a big impact.

Pro: Brought forward advances in tele-health and contracts
    Cons: In America overworked hospitals, elective surgeries postponed, overworked hospital staff, lack of access for sales reps etc. This has slowed down expansion over there

They are very keen to see the Covid vaccine working and made significant mention of it.

My feeling? Things are definitely progressing but with covid cases increasing dramatically in the States it could take some months for the money to really start rolling in.

Personally I'm a Happy Holder

Thanks for sharing, Merc. Sounds like a file in the bottom drawer and forget about it type of stock then. At least you had some nice snacks in lieu of any near term dividends :-)

Thanks Merc for your update, much appreciated.

How the Meet and Greet worked....

The bar is a long, thin room which, design wise, was quite cozy,. Bar at one end, giant screen at the other.

The Board members and executive team were either side of the screen, the visitors scattered round the room.

112 shareholders were registered to attend.

After a spot of mingling the screen came live to the Chairman of the Board in Australia and things got underway.

First an introduction to each of the team members, both here and the 3 or 4 overseas, and a description of their roles. Then a basic guide to where they are at, kind of like the AGM only less detail. And they made it very clear that they couldn't go into great detail for commercial reasons.

This was followed by questions from the floor. This all took around an hour.

Then it was mingling and chat. We left at 7pm.

Basically we got to put names to faces, met them face to face, saw them as real people, met a few other shareholders, ate some really nice snacks...

No earth shattering breaking news.

The one significant thing I picked up was the confirmation of my suspicions of the impact of Covid on the business.

Whilst it has brought forward the advances of Tele-health it has also slowed growth in sales.
    With vaccines coming, the downside is probably short term.

One small confirmation of this. Apparently NZ sales have increased thanks to our Covid scare and small moves towards Tele-health.

The States are a mess. 10th worst Covid affected country in the world and with winter plus Thanksgiving travel along with conflicting messages from the leaders it can only get worse over the next few months until a vaccine has been well distributed.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/