sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Love the way the (presumably) underwriter is trying to dress up the depth?

Buyer at 34.5c - for 13,000 shares! May just scare away the sellers, see?
    Well, if that's the strategy, it appears to be successful. Not much depth on the sell side.

But yes, given PEB's history of broken promises and given the terrible TA would I think that only people with dead certain insider information should buy in at this stage ... unless - they want to (on the balance of probabilities) lose their money, but for the second group I could imagine more pleasant ways ...

On the other hand ... this time it will be different - won't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

there are still people with faith in the product who dont seem to realise the product can be good but the business can still fail.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    there are still people with faith in the product who dont seem to realise the product can be good but the business can still fail.
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...Limited/page34

See how Salt Funds actually increased its stake in VIL, the company which has just been pinged for non-disclosure of very material information.

Yup, there are believers out there alright.

Guru

Well, positive announcement on being a top 10 hot emerging company lifted the sp by 1.8%.

Was actually more but a seller dumped 260,000 shares (33.5c) at the close so poor ole underwriter must have been rather miffed after massaging the sp at 34c whole day?

Guess the seller is happy to gain 1.5c arbitrage on 32c? That's $3,900 - buys a couple of new iPhone X anyway.

Underwriter will be pleased they do not have to take 260,000 shortfall from this seller - but then, they have just given away their underwriting fee (and more) supporting this trade?
    Had a good laugh at this post. So true, the seller gets 1.5 cents on the 32, but yes underwrite does not have to take 260,000 shortfall but has 260,000 shares at 33.5 themselves now that they have bought that they might have to get rid of at prices less than that. If a few "smart" mischievous instos got together they could sell a shed load to the underwriter (who is obviously propping up the price) and then see what happens post rights. Fun and games indeed.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Had a good laugh at this post. So true, the seller gets 1.5 cents on the 32, but yes underwrite does not have to take 260,000 shortfall but has 260,000 shares at 33.5 themselves now that they have bought that they might have to get rid of at prices less than that. If a few "smart" mischievous instos got together they could sell a shed load to the underwriter (who is obviously propping up the price) and then see what happens post rights. Fun and games indeed.
    The underwriter could well have been the seller of the 260,000 shares could they not?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The underwriter could well have been the seller of the 260,000 shares could they not?
    They could, but they were then also the buyer and I do not know if NZX regulations allow for that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    They could, but they were then also the buyer and I do not know if NZX regulations allow for that.
    I think what t.resir may be implying is that FNZC is the seller and somebody else is the buyer.

Could be - just as there are those out there who are still happy to pour more money into PEB when the pattern of raising capital at ever lower issue prices is one big waving red flag of where it is heading.

Guru

I think what t.resir may be implying is that FNZC is the seller and somebody else is the buyer.
    Ah I see, that thought never even entered my mind. Its patently obvious (well to me anyway) that the larger orders at the 32-33.5 mark are the underwriter propping up the price. But yes, it could indeed be some retail or other institutions getting some cheap shares.

Anyone know what Chelsea thinks about PEB and their high regard for the company? Amusing how they pumped the company. DYOR.

Dont mean to be a downer but the equity research advice in this country is terrible.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 20-10-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Anyone know what Chelsea thinks about PEB and their high regard for the company? Amusing how they pumped the company. DYOR.

Dont mean to be a downer but the equity research advice in this country is terrible.
    There was one brillant analyst briefing in which Dave said

"That's a good question Chelsea"

and then

"That's a very good question Chelsea"

and it got boring and just came to

"Good question Chelsea"

And Chelsea just loved Dave's answers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”