sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Thats generally true but their claims are to be their own undoing.

Prof investors in US/EU know how long it takes to progress approvals and so bank on getting a multiple only after ~10+ years.

The lack of experience with PEB showed with very bullish statements from them and their underwriters in the early days and failing to progress on a meaningful timeframe.

Compare perhaps with Materni21 from Sequenom/Labcorp, arguebly far more pioneering than CXbladder (change of clinical approach, novel sample collection Next Gen Sequencing etc) available since 2011 and they are making bank from it
    Thanks, kiwidollabill. Puts things in sharp perspective.

https://www.clinicalomics.com/topics...-in-371m-deal/

I see J Duncan 'forgot' about an extra 300k he picked up in the placement and has produced an amended notice. I suspect he got convinced later on to take them up, off an underwriter, who had perhaps over-estimated demand?

Btw, I'm somewhat encouraged by the fact he has gone in again, despite resigning suddenly. Perhaps the much vaunted conspiracy theories put out on his departure were well off the mark? (me included I think, but can't be bothered looking back. Balance will hang, draw and quarter me for any inconsistency anyway)

I have thrown some good money towards my tiny (free-carried) holding via the rights. I think they're getting there, but it's not going to set the world on fire with the incumbent governance and management teams. Clear the decks, and it might get a bit of a boost
    Last edited by Xerof; 06-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Advanced Member

I could not get roped in unless there was a change in management or sales trajectory with this share. At least I got some money back after listening to Balance. Sold at 48 cents so happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I could not get roped in unless there was a change in management or sales trajectory with this share. At least I got some money back after listening to Balance. Sold at 48 cents so happy right now.
    Which means you can buy back 4 times the number of shares you sold out at.

Let's see what the directors do this time round with the rights issue - will they front up and put in some of their own money or will it be like all the other rights issue where capital is raised so that they continue to pay themselves handsomely in fees, benefits and salaries for delivering bugger all.

Guru

Looks like PEB is off its rights raising low for the moment , I bought more to day to add to my rights haul, this better come good at some stage !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Looks like PEB is off its rights raising low for the moment , I bought more to day to add to my rights haul, this better come good at some stage !
    I am guessing the underwriters are keeping the stock up so that people pay their money to take up the rights? I see that you have till Wednesday to take them up. If I were an underwriter I would be keeping the price above 12 cents till Wednesday at least. After that, its job done. Lets see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I am guessing the underwriters are keeping the stock up so that people pay their money to take up the rights? I see that you have till Wednesday to take them up. If I were an underwriter I would be keeping the price above 12 cents till Wednesday at least. After that, its job done. Lets see what happens then.
    Being a heavily discounted rights issue, it could be the other way - the underwriters sell their existing shares in full expectations that they will replace the sold shares with 10c shares from the shortfall.

Happened with Fletcher Forests and the underwriters (and sub-underwriters) did very well out of that heavily discounted rights issue.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...725/313674.pdf

Do my eyes deceive me?

Kate Rankin who will be leaving PEB has actually bought more rights to increase her shareholding in PEB?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Let's see what the directors do this time round with the rights issue - will they front up and put in some of their own money or will it be like all the other rights issue where capital is raised so that they continue to pay themselves handsomely in fees, benefits and salaries for delivering bugger all.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345725

So, DD sold down some rights to facilitate purchase of shares pertinent to those rights - by my reckoning he still has just over 250,000 rights left, so is presumably looking to spend about 25k.
    KR bought an additional 70,000 rights (which judging by the total amount paid of $7,700 have already been converted...?) - the notice seems to be incorrect though, because the total number of shares she has an interest in remains unchanged.

So, although it is hardly a ringing endorsement at least some insiders seem to be participating....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/345725

So, DD sold down some rights to facilitate purchase of shares pertinent to those rights - by my reckoning he still has just over 250,000 rights left, so is presumably looking to spend about 25k.
    KR bought an additional 70,000 rights (which judging by the total amount paid of $7,700 have already been converted...?) - the notice seems to be incorrect though, because the total number of shares she has an interest in remains unchanged.

So, although it is hardly a ringing endorsement at least some insiders seem to be participating....
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...734/313692.pdf

Chairman bought 300,000 rights - interesting.

You reckon they read the comments here from yours truly and decided they better show some commitment?
    Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.