sharetrader
Page 100 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 21246

Oops, they had forecast $14.5 mil in 2013 sales, so that'd be 29,000 tests. They had revenue of $1mil in 2011 and revenue of $4.2mil in 2012. It looks like people were really starting to take up the test in the last year or so. I'm not sure of the size of the sales force they had, but it makes PEB's early stage sales estimates look quite achievable and realistic (as in my view, PEB have have hired the right people and are really doing things properly).

AWOL

What I'm getting out of all this is an indication that Predictive were only involved in Ohio. What about all the other states and their thousands of people who need diagnosis. Who is doing the diagnostics elsewhere and with what? Being a main competitor and only involved in one state doesn't seem to add up. The figures do though. say 30000 per state average x50 states is still under the 1,800,000 possible cases per annum from 2011 prospectus. 30000 x $500 from ohio is just above their 14,500,000 projected business for 2013. These figures are well rounded for ease of comparison.
    Huge potential for PEB by the looks

Nice quote on that Cafepharama board:

In an effort to spare my creditability I told all my physicians to order cxbladder from Pacific Edge. They were very thankful for me giving them this information. I feel I am not leaving them hanging.
    http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/sho...d.php?t=532069

It must be noted that the posting on that site is anonymous , so it could just be some cunning investor trying to hype us!

AWOL

That wouldnt be you would it Sparky? The probability of the two words "credibility and hang or hanging " occurring together from two different sources look a tad shall we say "interesting"

A few largish orders are appearing. Must be that clown buying on market again!

http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/resear...U%20112012-018

I recall David Darling saying that they hoped to have a prognostic test ready for market about a year after launching cxbladder in the US. This looks like a clinical trial for such a product.

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/resear...U%20112012-018

I recall David Darling saying that they hoped to have a prognostic test ready for market about a year after launching cxbladder in the US. This looks like a clinical trial for such a product.
    Good find. It's a study looking at reoccurrence monitoring, whereas the last one was specifically for people presenting with gross hematuria. It is likely that the CxBladder test is exactly the same, but it is also possible that there are one or two extra markers being used.

As an aside, I found this study very interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19913254

Can someone please help me with another bit of education...

I have been noticing a few days now where someone (or a collection of someones) sells about 100k of shares right on 5pm or as close to the end of trading as possible. Can someone please help me understand why this happens? That is, why do some people with large parcels of shares to sell do it right at the end of a day's trading? Is it a particular trading strategy and if so, why?

Many thanks in advance.

Insto's (and some pro traders) prefer to transact at the auctions either at open or close. This provides the zone of most liquidity, and price discovery.

nothing sinister usually, although conspirators seem to think there's more to it than that.

Then of course theres the HFT bots who trade in tiny parcels, often manipulating the closing price, but that is another conspiracy theory!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    The old adage is "amateurs trade in the morning, pros trade in the afternoon", which is because the impetuous and those responding to the daily news ring up their brokers to get in on the action ASAP. Wiser heads sometimes wait until the afternoon, as the buying rush might drop off quickly and the price come back down to potentially lower levels.

As for the end of day trades, these are called "crossings" (at least to some). They are often, but not always, institutional trades privately agreed to. They like this because it provides in their view, more transparent pricing.
    I have found selling in the morning means I get a better price.