sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    100 "paid"
    You mean they are going backwards?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    You mean they are going backwards?????????
    I wouldn't argue with a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    You should do some more homework.....
    Many insurance companies in the US have a written policy of not funding new products that are not FDA approvel...... that is why the developers of the nmp22 test choose to get FDA approved.
    Just another thing PEB management are not telling you but the slows sales will.
    Have you ever wondered why 2 of the biggest competitors to cx bladder are both FDA approved.
    FDA approval does not determine product reimbursement, which is solely determined by CMS
    http://www.hudson.org/research/7264-...think-it-does-

For PEB to take the LDT route makes sense. Yes there is a stigma but it comes down to clinical utility. I think that's what people should focus on instead of operational results, which are meaningless at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    lol....... the more research I do the better investor I become so happy to have sold my PEB investment for an average of $1.31
    never fall in love with an investment it tends to give you a distorted, prejudiced opinion.

It's probably best to let the sales do all the talking.
    I gotta go as my inflated ego has a date with some crayfish and paua very early tomorrow.
    $1.31 is meaningless - without the average buy price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So where the employees, especially the scientists, fit in - as suppliers of as the intelligence as well as the labour.
    No different than any other employee of any other business. No doubt they are being paid a healthy salary package - hopefully including something that gives them the opportunity of ownership as well - if they want it. Just because someone has intelligence - doesn't mean they have plenty of dosh. Brains and money don't necessarily reside together.

For what's it worth my working DCF has sales of $2m for FY15 .....heading to $100m in 2020

Valuation is 75cents/85cents so must be a load of rubbish eh.

Anyway real revenues (sales only and not counting interest income and grants etc) around $1m for H1 would be tracking my assumptions .....but it the commentary that's paramount.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    I don't agree with your generalisations here Skid. Not everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats.

I reckon the only ones who are sitting that way are the ones who have the sole intention of trying to make some quick dosh. They are otherwise known as speculators (or traders) and are not at all interested in the good work the company is doing. Most of these participants would be equally happy on the racecourse, or in Sky City or just plain old lotto. I certainly don’t see them as “part owners” of the business and, in my view, don’t deserve to be on the balance sheet.

To be totally honest, I couldn’t care less what the sales figures are in a couple of weeks’ time and I dare say most of the REAL “part owners” of the company probably feel the same way – hence the long term stability at the top end of the shareholders list.

As a REAL part owner of PEB – from a business perspective, I am more than happy with where things are currently at and, if the gamblers start unloading – I’ll be happy to help the others absorb those shares.

However, if the “science” or “intellectual property” starts falling apart – or if there is some crazy decision making by those that matter…then that will be another story.

OK,maybe that was a bit dramtic,but
    ATM the sales figures are the only way to gauge how PEB is selling its product Dents--I find it hard to believe you are not waiting to see an indication of how they are doing--Maybe I should correct my statement--there are those who are anxiously waiting the sales announcement-and those who respond to those who are waiting for the sales announcement.

Now lets talk about your generalizations--alot of those who are interested in the sales are not wanting to lose money rather than make a quick buck (like you should be if you have really mortgaged your house)
    Those that have shares are just as much REAL part owners as you are(plain and simple) and Im sure most care how the company is doing.
    I cared how the company was doing and got burned so I believe it is safer to wait till they have a bit more of a track record with selling their product to get back in(unless it falls to a point that it seems cheap enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    You dont get a gold badge for being on board with your investing strategy.Your statement about some investors not deserving to be on the balance sheet is irrelevant--the ARE on the balance sheet--hence the SP.
    Do I need to get into the racecourse and sky city scenario, in terms of your decision to mortgage the house?
    i think your fooling yourself if you think you dont care about the sales (a gauge of how the co. is doing ) but if its true,then fair enough ,each to his own(I dont expect to be hearing from you in the frenzy of posts when this comes out then)
    ""science and intellectual property''doesnt sell itself--It could be a while before they really get on their feet--theres alot of dosh that COULD be lost in the meantime (good to know you'll be around to buy it up-2nd mortgage?)
    we all know that some are in the game purely for speculation ,but not all are in that group that have expressed reservations--(there are alot of prudent investors in that group who want more of a sign that alls well before throwing their dosh at this (sounds like the opposite of gambling to me)
    If you go back and read my posts you will see that I am just bringing up things for thinking about -not slagging .
    Im open to the very real possibility things will be good in terms of sales and the SP will reflect that-or the opposite and the SP will also reflect that (and the value of your shares will either increase or drop) But the sales ARE going to influence the value of the shares so mayby you should be keeping an eye on them.
    Maybe I have generalized and some just dont think the sales coming up are important,but I find that hard to believe--Maybe in a year or two it wont make much difference but we are NOW.
    PEB will still be around in the future(I think)--dont criticize those who decide to wait for a confirmation that they are going to sell their product before joining up.
    Last edited by skid; 17-11-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Nope, I’m looking forward to hearing about much more important things from Pacific Edge and some progress as to how they are going.

Goal affirmation, timeline for raising the sales force from 8 to 19, launch of the new products, timeline for entry into Asia and the strategy for that, any updates on discussion with prospective partners in Japan and the US for the colorectal and melanoma tests, etc.

Just the important wee things.
    Fair enough....But are you interested in the Share price?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Fair enough....But are you interested in the Share price?
    Of course not. Even if sales don't eventuate the company will get bought up for a massive premium because they're BIG TIME with the BIG BOYS now. Even if that doesn't happen they're worth squillions because of the R&D.

Haven't you heard Skid?

IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Of course not. Even if sales don't eventuate the company will get bought up for a massive premium because they're BIG TIME with the BIG BOYS now. Even if that doesn't happen they're worth squillions because of the R&D.

Haven't you heard Skid?

IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME
    Just like that vodka company. Best vodka (a gold standard) in the world and even though had glamorous sales channels couldn't make a buck .....but worth a lot to somebody.

So what is PEB worth to somebody else? That is the key question seeing profitability is a word that s not in PEBs dictionary.

I reckon a buck is a nice round number, sometime