sharetrader

It would all come down to how successful results from US studies are as to the adoption or not of the product, due to regional, population differences, etc mentioned above. Hadn't been closely following PEB since I sold out to go on my OE last year. Just been recently doing some catch-up, have they completed any US studies recently? Will have to dig deeper in the weekend and hopefully find something.
    Last edited by steve06; 21-11-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Yes, it would certainly put a dent in the works if US studies did not confirm the results...

Edit: I'd hope that an oversight by PEB of the proportions you suggest is highly unlikely..)

Understand they are awaiting data from two US and two Aus studies. These will be combined with the NZ results and blinded DHB results and published soon.
    Last edited by psychic; 21-11-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Any indication on when the results of these studies will be published? Will await the results of these studies with interest.

AWOL

Why the announcement for an announcement? Its even posted on the website. My guess is it is to prevent endless speculation as to whether it may be a couple of days early like last time. Even so, they have never done it before and have possibly set a precedent for themselves.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Why the announcement for an announcement? Its even posted on the website. My guess is it is to prevent endless speculation as to whether it may be a couple of days early like last time. Even so, they have never done it before and have possibly set a precedent for themselves.
    They probably learned their lesson last time as some would have been aggravated by not having sufficient warning--Most reputable companies have a firm reporting date which is standard practice.
    A bit more info would also be appreciated.No ones is expecting sensitive information,but a bit more of a clue on keeping shareholders up to date is good practice(with the exception of Chris

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Yes, it would certainly put a dent in the works if US studies did not confirm the results...

Edit: I'd hope that an oversight by PEB of the proportions you suggest is highly unlikely..)

Understand they are awaiting data from two US and two Aus studies. These will be combined with the NZ results and blinded DHB results and published soon.
    This multi-centre publication is very good news for PEB, and seriously needed (as per the AHRQ report).

Psychic, do you know specific details about the 2 OZ studies and the 2 US ones? Where they are being conducted, time frames etc. My only concern with the above is publications take a long time. They need these results sooner rather than later. If these overseas based studies are not complete yet, I'm conceded that this single publication might not be out for a couple years.... If that is the case, surely more frequent publications would be better. You can always cite and quote results from proviso studies.

Any thoughts or additional info you can provide?

Mac, Miner, maybe you can add to the above?
    Last edited by twotic; 22-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Hey Twotic/ Steve. No, "soon " is all I have sorry.

Banned

More studies are definitely a good thing, and that can be read from the AHRQ draft report also.

It’s the 400 patient 24 month Mid Central Health DHB study initiated in June 2013 that will be of interest to the HIH, as it is intended to be more of a commercial evaluation.

“Beginning in June, Mid Central DHB will begin evaluating 400 patients over a 24-month period to determine the clinical utility of Cxbladder to prioritise at-risk patients, and establish the level of savings that can be achieved from screening out patients who do not need a full and expensive urological work up for bladder cancer” https://nzx.com/files/attachments/176047.pdf

Then there was the Queensland user Program to evaluate replacement of ultrasound in a clinical setting with Cxbladder, as far as I’m aware the results have not been published.

And of course there will be a Cxbladder(triage ) study associated with it's product release this year or early next year.

So Psychic, in addition to the above three studies due, it sounds like there may also be a second Australian study underway, and in addition to that two further studies within the US target market also ?

Should find out some more from the HY update I guess, all good.

Banned

And here it is, the new website sponsored by Pacific Edge for cancer patients;

“An online community where people affected by bladder cancer can connect with one another, share experiences and support each other in a safe, secure environment”

http://www.bladdercancer.me/
    http://www.bladdercancer.me/about_us

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    And here it is, the new website sponsored by Pacific Edge for cancer patients;

“An online community where people affected by bladder cancer can connect with one another, share experiences and support each other in a safe, secure environment”

http://www.bladdercancer.me/
    http://www.bladdercancer.me/about_us

Really smart. Big fan