sharetrader
Page 103 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 21246
    AWOL

hi Shrodinger,
    just a question - have you read all this thread, there is a lot of priceless information throughout. If you go back to #1567 from JohnnytheHorse there is a pretty strong indication of where this is going and it isn't 57 cents in MHO
    Cheers

Merc I think you will find that most brokers dont know what a good business is. Good business: sustainable long term growth + profit potential.

They can all crunch numbers for DCF valuation but struggle to know what businesses have the potential to grow long term. It is better to do the work yourself as you save on fees with the added bonus of becoming more knowledgable

Yeah various people have directed me to things and that is appreciated.

I find it more useful to sift through corporate waffle (press releases) from companies and get down to nuts and bolts business model analysis.

Hey Everyone , Im a holder and have some high hopes for PEB,it has been a good ride so far.
    Just wondering what is the fasted way to find out about the announcements , so far am using Google alerts , or see them crop up through my FB ...i see Moosie always quick to the punch especially with CRP.

I dont work in the finance industry so was wondering if there is any better alternatives to what im already doing

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Merc I think you will find that most brokers dont know what a good business is. Good business: sustainable long term growth + profit potential.
    And there is also the life cycle of a business:
    - Start Up - investment money gets swallowed by start up costs
    - Growth - Dividend returns non-existent or low as cash gets ploughed back into the business resulting in an increase in value
    - Stability - Targets met, lack of room to expand, continue doing what they do well without getting too excited about changes for the future and general complacency. Give out good dividends.
    - Decline - When times change reducing need for their product or service or the competition comes in a jump ahead.

PEB look like they are in the transition stage from Start Up to Growth. Until they are entrenched in growth mode still a bit of a gamble but the odds are looking good.

Awesome , Thanks heaps !

Quote Originally Posted by ocr11 View Post
    Hey Everyone , Im a holder and have some high hopes for PEB,it has been a good ride so far.
    Just wondering what is the fasted way to find out about the announcements , so far am using Google alerts , or see them crop up through my FB ...i see Moosie always quick to the punch especially with CRP.

I dont work in the finance industry so was wondering if there is any better alternatives to what im already doing

Cheers
    Hi ocr I use Investor PA. www.investorpa.com you can get it to send you an email when any announcement hits the NZX

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    They have provided financial modelling in the past (like at the 2012 AGM), but have not given any indication of forecast US sales yet. As you will see in the update today, they will provide forecasts soon.
    Heard from one of the attendees at the FPH presentation to Goldman Sachs yesterday.

In answer to a question as to how FPH is positioned for the cost cutting and efficiency initiatives happening in the States, FPH replied that any health products and services which cut the costs of existing treatment, increases the effectiveness of diagnosis and treatments are going to benefit enormously.

I apply it to PEB and it's bingo ....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Sales targets? I have missed a few

I especially liked this line in the update:

"PEDUSA has set an ambitious sales target for its start-up year in 2013 which it expects to meet"

does that actually mean:

"PEDUSA has set an ambitious sales target for its start-up year in 2013 and we think they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting near".

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

[I once worked for a company where the sales target was set by adding up how many units each salesman said he would sell in the next year. They never came close.]
    om mani peme hum