sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by steve06 View Post
    when do they release the report, prior to market open or any time they see fit?
    Anytime they see fit really, but they've stated prior to 10am:

"Pacific Edge advises that it intends to release its 2015 interim financial results for the six months ending 30 September 2014, on Friday 28 November 2014 prior to 10am."
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/257934

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I said....draw your own conclusions..(and feel free to share)

2 announcements 2 days before sales announcement---coincidence?
    Well, if DD thought that today's debacle was going to help camouflage disappointing news on Friday then I fear he is in for a rude shock.

Friday's announcement will be scrutinised in minute detail and heavily criticised for any spelling, grammar or syntax errors, together with ridicule for failing to deliver on sales, test numbers, lack of progress in signing up LUGS, employing too many ineffective salespeople and a multitude of other issues.

Of course, if the numbers look Ok, then we shall immediately recognise that today's cockup was due to the company and its personnel being far too busy to bother about getting their facts right in a silly old investor release to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    Well the point I guess is they may well have intentionally made the patent come to a conclusion about now, I would say that they didn't try to do that and it was a coincidence.
    I don't really care to speculate on that too much.

I am disappointed that I almost bought shares because I thought there was good news coming after a halt.

The halt announcement:

"NZX Regulation (“NZXR”) advises that it has placed a trading halt on Pacific Edge Limited ordinary shares (PEB)."

I took that to be a NZX initiated halt not a PEB one...

The NZX rules:

"NZX initiated Trading Halts

In some circumstances NZX may implement a trading halt at its own decision. This may occur when an issuer releases an announcement to NZX which is price sensitive. In such a case, it is NZX’s policy to implement a trading halt for a period of not greater than 15 minutes or in the case of securities of an Overseas Listed Issuer or a Dual Listed Issuer for a period of not greater than 10 minutes."

So I mistakenly thought it was something unrelated and therefore obviously a very good chance of being good.

Just a little disappointed is all I guess.

Thinking about it - my logic there didn't make much sense, oh well, I was rushed. I appreciated peoples' comments speculating on it being a correction.
    Look at tit this way Klid. You had a very real taste of what it is like to be on the outside when this thing goes... That's why many of us just suck up the falls , and wait....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    Well the point I guess is they may well have intentionally made the patent come to a conclusion about now, I would say that they didn't try to do that and it was a coincidence.
    I don't really care to speculate on that too much.

I am disappointed that I almost bought shares because I thought there was good news coming after a halt.

The halt announcement:

"NZX Regulation (“NZXR”) advises that it has placed a trading halt on Pacific Edge Limited ordinary shares (PEB)."

I took that to be a NZX initiated halt not a PEB one...

The NZX rules:

"NZX initiated Trading Halts

In some circumstances NZX may implement a trading halt at its own decision. This may occur when an issuer releases an announcement to NZX which is price sensitive. In such a case, it is NZX’s policy to implement a trading halt for a period of not greater than 15 minutes or in the case of securities of an Overseas Listed Issuer or a Dual Listed Issuer for a period of not greater than 10 minutes."

So I mistakenly thought it was something unrelated and therefore obviously a very good chance of being good.

Just a little disappointed is all I guess.

Thinking about it - my logic there didn't make much sense, oh well, I was rushed. I appreciated peoples' comments speculating on it being a correction.
    Yes well, perhaps it's an opportunity Kild to reflect and recall that trying to time the market sometimes works really well and sometimes it doesn't work really well, but the brokers and the tax man are the winners on the day. Just like a good night out at sky city, you might win or loose, but the house always wins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Look at tit this way Klid. You had a very real taste of what it is like to be on the outside when this thing goes... That's why many of us just suck up the falls , and wait....
    Once a bubble stock always a bubble stock eh? Problem is the bubble has deflated and once that happens trader sentiment is almost impossible to get back within the short to medium term.

Back in the day a single buy for all those shares would have taken them out. Today it didn't even try to move above it.

Sentiment is gone. Act accordingly.

Snapiti is back in under an hour. Enjoy

Guru

Sales will tell the story -one way or the other--Whether your on the inside or outside ,its just a bet either way.
    I dont know if today was ramping up or not by the company--It just seemed like a bit of a Deja vu from the rather unpleasant experience of last time.

Ya gotta admit though--those announcements were a real class act!
    Last edited by skid; 26-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Well, if DD thought that today's debacle was going to help camouflage disappointing news on Friday then I fear he is in for a rude shock.

Friday's announcement will be scrutinised in minute detail and heavily criticised for any spelling, grammar or syntax errors, together with ridicule for failing to deliver on sales, test numbers, lack of progress in signing up LUGS, employing too many ineffective salespeople and a multitude of other issues.

Of course, if the numbers look Ok, then we shall immediately recognise that today's cockup was due to the company and its personnel being far too busy to bother about getting their facts right in a silly old investor release to the market.
    How is DD going to get a rude shock? And who is going to scrutinise the announcement for spelling, grammar and syntax errors? Who really cares?

What we're interested in is the hard facts of the announcement, but there won't be any consensus about whether "the numbers look ok". Some of us demand big numbers, others will be content with smaller ones and quite a few are really only interested in whether the company is making progress towards its strategic objectives. Traders and investors have very widely varying criteria.

I doubt if DD will be following comments on this thread with great anxiety, if at all. There ought to be an apology to shareholders from him on Friday for today's cockup and then it should be buried, but lessons drawn from it - not grammar and syntax, but how to manage external PR.

Guru

Friday we will find out whether the management can live up to what has been achieved by the scientists--I think there are many who dont recognize the difference between the two

AWOL

Skid,Doo you mean first class or third class?
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 26-11-2014 at 06:36 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Snapiti is back in under an hour. Enjoy
    The suspense is worse than this mornings trading halt.