sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    I thought you WERE snapiti?

The frequency and quality of your posts are strikingly similar
    Nah Snapiti doesn't have to work if he doesn't want to other than gathering seafood when he feels like it whereas Moosie will be stuck in a museum dusting down sets of antlers for a few more years to come

Guru

To be fair though-Snaps did post about how he was concerned about the ''rhetoric'' and was very wary BEFORE the actual sales announcement,so regardless what anyone thinks of him-he did call it that time(or at least was concerned)
    Whether his view this time around (or mine, or any ones)is right, is anyone's guess.

(in terms of class of the announcements today--thats already been summed up pretty well)

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    How is DD going to get a rude shock? And who is going to scrutinise the announcement for spelling, grammar and syntax errors? Who really cares?

What we're interested in is the hard facts of the announcement, but there won't be any consensus about whether "the numbers look ok". Some of us demand big numbers, others will be content with smaller ones and quite a few are really only interested in whether the company is making progress towards its strategic objectives. Traders and investors have very widely varying criteria.

I doubt if DD will be following comments on this thread with great anxiety, if at all. There ought to be an apology to shareholders from him on Friday for today's cockup and then it should be buried, but lessons drawn from it - not grammar and syntax, but how to manage external PR.
    Oh dear. Looks like a humour bypass operation has taken place in Wellington!
    Last edited by pierre; 26-11-2014 at 08:03 PM.

There will still be some folks out there (not s.t. followers) who are not aware of the correct information regarding the patent. I just checked my ASB Sharetrading account and clicked the box next to PEB in my watch list, and the first announcement comes up re- CX-Blabber! I'm wondering if trades will be reversed due to the stuff-up?

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Oh dear. Looks like a humour bypass operation has taken place in Wellington!
    Not really, but you certainly had me fooled.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    There will still be some folks out there (not s.t. followers) who are not aware of the correct information regarding the patent. I just checked my ASB Sharetrading account and clicked the box next to PEB in my watch list, and the first announcement comes up re- CX-Blabber! I'm wondering if trades will be reversed due to the stuff-up?
    You know the ASB guy on the TV3 news spent a full five minutes tonight telling us about the Cxbladder patent too, but when I reflected he was not incorrect, Pacific Edge have indeed told us the patent is coming, it’s just coming in February next year after all. By the time we all recover from xmas and a failed new year’s resolution or two it will be on the shelf next to the Cxcolorectal patent.

Re: second of three announcements today:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204523.pdf

Correction on Pacific Edge Limited Patent Issue

Pacific Edge Limited ("the Company") advises the market that it has incorrectly posted the NZX release for the issue of its bladder cancer patent in Europe.

The Company’s bladder cancer patent has not issued however the patent has successfully completed examination and the Company has been advised by the European Patent Office that the patent will issue by February 2015.

The Company wishes to inform the market that Pacific Edge’s colorectal cancer biomarker patent has issued in Europe. Details of this are provided in the Company's separate announcement.

End

Yep, good news is good news. Who knows it may be a tad easier to get sales traction in Liechtenstein, Turkey, Monaco, Iceland, Norway, the Republic of Macedonia,
    San Marino, Albania and Serbia. Than the good ole' US of A.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    Yep, good news is good news. Who knows it may be a tad easier to get sales traction in Liechtenstein, Turkey, Monaco, Iceland, Norway, the Republic of Macedonia,
    San Marino, Albania and Serbia. Than the good ole' US of A.
    Seriously though, it may very well do so for many of 38 European countries covered, particularly France, Germany, UK etc.

If they enter in one or two year’s time with a hoard of US generated cash to fund it, a healthy US market share as a representation of confidence, any number of further published studies by that time, and of course probably the full suite of four cxbladder products, it may well just pick up quite quickly.

Certainly there is intent to be read into the announcements, I don't think analysts will start to work up a valuation for a European launch until later next year though, would like to be proven wrong though.

Banned

Snapiti is currently putting together a good behaviour bond to get out of jail soon.

(He really just can't remember his password because he's getting so old)

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    You know the ASB guy on the TV3 news spent a full five minutes tonight telling us about the Cxbladder patent too, but when I reflected he was not incorrect, Pacific Edge have indeed told us the patent is coming, it’s just coming in February next year after all. By the time we all recover from xmas and a failed new year’s resolution or two it will be on the shelf next to the Cxcolorectal patent.

Re: second of three announcements today:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/204523.pdf

Correction on Pacific Edge Limited Patent Issue

Pacific Edge Limited ("the Company") advises the market that it has incorrectly posted the NZX release for the issue of its bladder cancer patent in Europe.

The Company’s bladder cancer patent has not issued however the patent has successfully completed examination and the Company has been advised by the European Patent Office that the patent will issue by February 2015.

The Company wishes to inform the market that Pacific Edge’s colorectal cancer biomarker patent has issued in Europe. Details of this are provided in the Company's separate announcement.

End
    It bothers me that management are priming the stock with immaterial news (at least in this point in time) days prior to the announcement.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.