sharetrader
Page 104 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    You are too cynical by half!

The sure but steady way they are rolling out suggests they are not trying to hype things.

Cynical? Hmmmm....reviewing a few of PT's posts ...I would suggest devil's advocate at best...but more likely defeatist, stirrer or looking for reason's not to invest.

I'm with Sparky ... PEB have been very deliberate and methodical with the way they are building up this firm. As they move on, there is every reason to suggest they are going to achieve their targets and expectations...as we are. In fact, they are achieving them from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    All opinions expressed here are valid whether for or against, just sort thorough them and discard some, keep the gems.

I have previously seen Pacific Edge's targets and predictions missed and if you have followed the company for a few years you will know what I mean. However, having said that, there is nothing that is posted here that has influenced my assessment and support for this company; I rely on my own research.

The one fact that I’m very aware of is that the only people that really know what’s going on inside Pacific Edge are the management and staff, over the years (12) my relationship and conversations with them have reinforced my opinions that they are a group of the most talented people you could have the pleasure of investing with.

I like to have a try to envision the future because I have an investment in it and I’m an enthusiastic investor when it comes to pacific Edge; if it works out I’m happiness filled, if it turns to crap, then that’s sad but ok too.
    Your points have been absorbed Hancock's.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Signs of strength now
    I can't quite see what you are seeing.

Good to have PT douse the irrational exuberance from time to time.

However, one suspects he would do the same with DIL when it was 25 cents.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool No opportunity wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good to have PT douse the irrational exuberance from time to time.

However, one suspects he would do the same with DIL when it was 25 cents.
    I can guarantee that I would have commented on such a use of words.

The last close of DIL at $0.25 was on the 11-Jan-2010 average daily value of shares traded was $5K1 and at that point the're annual results (US$) were:

Revenue: $5M
    Operating Loss: $4M7
    Market Cap: $22M5

with PEB we are at (Mar-13, NZ$):
    Revenue: $515K
    Operating Loss: $6M9
    Market Cap: $158M9

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Dear Mr Tiger,

I also find your comparison of DIL and PEB a little cheeky. As a value investor all it tells me is that at $0.25 DIL was regarded by the market as a very risky venture. That risk has since abated and the stock is now worth $8.00. I’m a happy holder of DIL.

As we know valuing growth stocks is complex and not easy, especially those in the early stages of life.

I’m presently researching CRP. They have recently applied for a mining licence, the traders thus swung the SP around and the market is now telling us that given the present risk CRP is presently worth $0.35 per share. My analysis provides me with a present de-risked value for CRP of $1.75 per share (noting CRP’s de-risked value is $2.00). This gives me a risk/reward ratio of 0.35/1.75 = 5.0 (or 500%). I have not yet decided if this presently represents value as I have not yet finished researching the risks - see CRP thread.

PEB have recently de-risked a little by obtaining US regulatory approvals (CLIA). The traders subsequently swung the SP around, before and after as they do, and now the market is telling us that given the present risk PEB is presently worth around $0.60 per share. My analysis provides me with a present de-risked value for PEB of $1.25 per share and a risk reward ratio of 2.1 (or 210%). IMHO this represents good value.

I am bullish on PEB. They have rolled out their 2011 capital raising development plan on schedule thus far demonstrating capable and committed management, this week we received what seems to be a sound and comprehensive strategy for US sales growth, I am fortunate to have a biochemist in the family who has helped my assessment of the technology risks.

I’ve been waiting for an SP dip to buy more, but I now suspect that boat may have sailed.

I would not be at all surprised to see PEB as a $5 stock at FY16.

Mac

A standard business analysis tool is the matrix SWOT

Strengths : Weaknesses
    :
    Opportunities : Threats
    :

Every human endeavour has both the plusses and the minuses, nothing is a dead cert one way or the other. Thanks Sparky for listing the Weaknesses and Threats. I had thought along similar lines but not in as much detail as you.

The biggest risks are when people don their rose tinted spectacles and deny the negatives exist. When that happens, and it happens surprisingly often in all sorts of areas, my alarm bells go off and I suspect the worst.

Whilst it may go wrong weighing up the pros and cons seem to me to tip the balance into it going well.

Very happy with my decision to invest. Now to sit back, wait for the future and see if I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Here is a very interesting article; albeit a tad technical but it can still be understood. I have attached the hyperlink and a couple of interesting snippets from that article. I think that because of the aggressiveness or fast growth rate of bladder cancer, a cheap reliable test really is urgently needed:

National Cancer Institute Article

Because bladder cancer is almost never incidentally found at autopsy, the preclinical duration in which it has not yet caused symptoms, but in which it can be detected by cystoscopy, is probably brief. This rapid growth rate is supported by clinical experience and implies that screening would have to be performed at frequent intervals.

The use of cystoscopies and bladder wash/urinary cytologic examinations has proven quite successful in the surveillance and management of patients with previously treated bladder cancers. These means are not practical in individuals without a history of bladder cancer because of expense and morbidity.

Here's another article...

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page2

72,500 new cases in 2013 expected.

Reading this, makes me wonder why they haven't included PEB's CXBladder.

I emailed the CEO of this mob about 6 weeks ago asking whether they had heard of PEB ....still waiting for a reply though. Mind you, they don't mention about any competitors either.

AWOL

"PEDUSA has set an ambitious sales target for its start-up year in 2013 which it expects to meet"
    "PEDUSA has set an ambitious sales target( of xyz) for its start-up year in 2013 which it expects to meet"
    Should really have an amount otherwise it means nothing.
    Its easy to say after the fact our Target was xyz and we had abc which was 200% higher than what we expected to meet.
    If we are expected to use the 2011 prospectus amount of .5% penetration then they should say so.
    We musn't forget that transparency requires clarity otherwise it can become a mirror and reflect badly. MBJ 2013

Banned

PEB... on a roll this am, was surprised the positive update ( in my view ) a few days ago ... did not have more effect.

One sniff of good sales, will make this a $1. stock.

In my very modest opinion.