sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    And they have just last week, correcting a very important announcement in regard to european patents.

As for the media, I’ve seen nothing materially requiring any action whatsoever.

You may bang on with the same post in regard to 10,000 sales four times a day as long as you may wish.

IMO most out there in the world regard such statements from company management as a genuine effort to offer shareholders coarse advice to the best accuracy on the day and within a stated context.

Aside from the fact that such a statement may well prove to be quite accurate, time will tell, it was made in a context of a growth curve which has a difficult to determine trajectory.

Whether they put 5,000 or 15,000 tests through their labs in 2014, no further consideration to such a statement is required.

Apologies to others for feeling a need to state the perfectly obvious.
    If DD and CS did not sell shares after the tens of thousands of tests comment, that's fine.

That is where you are out of line in your high horse BS defence of the company's inability to respond.

Still cannot handle the truth, that's your problem and will always be your problem as a blatant PR spin artist.

Last edited by Balance; 01-12-2014 at 03:21 PM.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    See, this is where my inexperience confuses the hell out of me. I thought it was all about growing one's earnings (ie - net earnings) as opposed to sales. If it is about sales & growth....is that why XRO's SP is currently at $16.92? Are they too ahead of themselves - or was that only when they were over $40? What about comparing apples with apples (types of businesses)....or is this wrong too?

Looks like I'm forever the student....
    It depends on how you measure the company. For Xero they have a huge market that they are just penetrating. They are therefore likely to be hugely profitable if they can keep up there growth rate up. Same with ATM and DIL. When measuring these companies pre profitability you take lots of these factors into account to get a good guide of future profits.

DCF helps especially around growth rates, XRO has high and consistent growth (plus a big wad of cash) and a huge market in front of it, hence the high SP.

Banned

I make no apology for taking the moral high ground Balance.

Any shareholders including directors can sell shares any time they like, not that they sold many really.

In regard to your favourite sound bite which you like to habitually quote out of context, to many it seems around about close to what is probable for 2014. It was when they said it, it was when they took some profits, and it is so still.

Good on them I say for taking something out for their families after many years hard work in building the company, now they get to renovate their homes was what I think DD told us he was going to do.
    Last edited by MAC; 01-12-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I make no apology for taking the moral high ground Balance.

Any shareholders including directors can sell shares any time they like, not that they sold many really.

In regard to your favourite sound bite which you like to habitually quote out of context, to many it seems around about close to what is probable for 2014. It was when they said it, it was when they took some profits, and it is so still.

Good on them I say for taking something out for their families after many years hard work in building the company, now they get to renovate their homes was what I think DD told us he was going to do.
    Haha - our hearts bleed for CS and DD.

Guess how much DD got paid for his 'many years' of 'hard work' in building the company?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Haha - our hearts bleed for CS and DD.

Guess how much DD got paid for his 'many years' of 'hard work' in building the company?
    Oh Dear, looks like I might have inadvertantly given Balance another bone to chew. SNK and NZO threads are pretty quiet, Just as well he/she has got something to go on with!

BTW I largely agree with Balance on most of his/her rants, but I think it's getting a bit precious with PEB.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Oh Dear, looks like I might have inadvertantly given Balance another bone to chew. SNK and NZO threads are pretty quiet, Just as well he/she has got something to go on with!

BTW I largely agree with Balance on most of his/her rants, but I think it's getting a bit precious with PEB.
    PR spin artists rely on the passage of time for people to forget - that's one thing I have learnt and I do not allow the PR spin artists to get away with their BS.

Repetition is their greatest fear - much like garlic to vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If DD and CS did not sell shares after the tens of thousands of tests comment, that's fine.

That is where you are out of line in your high horse BS defence of the company's inability to respond.

Still cannot handle the truth, that's your problem and will always be your problem as a blatant PR spin artist.

Gee Balance, do you suck on lemons for a sport?

I listened to the conference call from the announcement on Friday. Nobody asked questions about smoke and mirrors, conspiracy theories, or quotes about tens of thousands of tests. Even the ODT jurno who wrote the article which included the tens of thousands quote was on the call, yet nobody was interested. Obviously they're to busy to look at sharetrader.

The other day I asked my boss if it would be OK if I called him Dick,
    He said I would rather you didn't my first name is Robert.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    Afternoon... I should probably apologize to all who were offended the other day when I called another member of this forum a certain part of the male anatomy... I do so now apologize... in particular to that member.

Thanks.
    You insulted another member's member? ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.