sharetrader
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    Snaps has gone fishing.
    Maybe he went Tsuba diving.

You like that one Minor?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    But tehre must be something different or else they are the same. The last think I would want is a peice of paper saying 'we think you have something so please send in another sample so we can run a similar test again'.

Edit: My understanding is 'Detect' detects the cancer and 'Triage' tells you how bad that cancer is. Surely if the Detect test is positive, then Triage should be run automatically.
    Edit 2: Appears I have it back to front ( http://www.pacificedge.co.nz/assets/...ON-21Aug14.pdf ). So Triage appears to be a more basic (and cheaper?) test than Detect?
    Looks to me like they both "detect" the cancer by the same technology, (the same molecular markers). One can tell you that you either do or don't have it and the other can tell that you either don't or do have it? Sounds more like a marketing advance than a science advance?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    So one tells you that you dont have it. If you fail that test (ie. get a not negative which is different to a positive), then you need to be retested to see if you do have it. I reiterate, why not do both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    So one tells you that you dont have it. If you fail that test (ie. get a not negative which is different to a positive), then you need to be retested to see if you do have it. I reiterate, why not do both at the same time.
    Why not just do Cxbladder-detect, that seems to provide the same information as triage and a bit more. what does Cxbladder-triage tell you that detect does not?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Why not just do Cxbladder-detect, that seems to provide the same information as triage and a bit more. what does Cxbladder-triage tell you that detect does not?
    I think Triage gives you a more accurate negative.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Thanks psychic.
    Good clear description of the interrelationship.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Triage gives an accurate negative result, detect gives an accurate positive result.

Given the oft quoted 10 percent of patients with haematuria having some form of bladder cancer it would be best to get the 90 percent of true negatives off the books first,
    freeing up facilities and clinicians.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 08-12-2014 at 05:19 PM.

All the closet scientists are going to come out now. Think I will go fishing once I have feed the chooks.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/258642

Wow, Superlife have been buying the s*** out of PEB.