sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Pacific Edge has historically had long periods of no news with a gradually diminishing share price after each major announcement spike. A single announcement seems to only have a temporary effect these days. We have two or three major announcements that are expected. One is the Medicare/Medicaid agreement expected early 2015 as is the launching of triage in the US along with a Kaiser Permanente clinical trial of triage. There is also the not insignificant Full Year report available at the end of May. Each day that goes past without any news at all to me means that the likelihood of getting multiple major announcements together like Oct/Nov 2013 is increasing. There are also many other things that could arrive, JV in Japan, Spain finally getting going, colorectal launch, results of multiple clinical trials.
    Personally I would rather be in the gate waiting quietly for developments than outside attempting to find the very bottom and missing out in the inevitable stampede, but maybe thats just me.
    GLTA, DYOR, TINIA
    Not to mention all those new staff, now they are on board and up to speed, rapidly wizzing about doing what they do in the background, unbeknown to shareholders, working hard within their respective sales regions, assisting LUG and HMO management in realising the benefits of their newly considered molecular diagnostic tests.

Twelve staff now ratcheting up the number of those mini user programmes, they won’t each be announced, but each stacks up as a new forward potential revenue stream at fruition.

Banned

Pacific Edge has historically had long periods of no news with a gradually diminishing share price after each major announcement spike. A single announcement seems to only have a temporary effect these days. We have two or three major announcements that are expected. One is the Medicare/Medicaid agreement expected early 2015 as is the launching of triage in the US along with a Kaiser Permanente clinical trial of triage. There is also the not insignificant Full Year report available at the end of May. Each day that goes past without any news at all to me means that the likelihood of getting multiple major announcements together like Oct/Nov 2013 is increasing. There are also many other things that could arrive, JV in Japan, Spain finally getting going, colorectal launch, results of multiple clinical trials.
    Personally I would rather be in the gate waiting quietly for developments than outside attempting to find the very bottom and missing out in the inevitable stampede, but maybe thats just me.
    GLTA, DYOR, TINIA
    Thanks for that post Miner. I agree that holding is a better option than waiting for the day of a news release, but anyone one not holding right now should wait for a near term bottom and better price here. Few more days can't hurt

Disc - not holding but watching with interest as the risk vs reward profile gets better as price decreases near term. Will use above strategy to maybe time entry...

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Thanks for that post Miner. I agree that holding is a better option than waiting for the day of a news release, but anyone one not holding right now should wait for a near term bottom and better price here. Few more days can't hurt

Disc - not holding but watching with interest as the risk vs reward profile gets better as price decreases near term. Will use above strategy to maybe time entry...
    Better make sure you get a timing right BFG.......��

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Few more days can't hurt
    Boy you sure like tempting fate, hope these arent going down to the hall of fame as famous last words.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 28-01-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Banned

Boy you sure like tempting fate, hope these arent going down to the hall of fame as famous last words.
    I'm hoping so too. Before PEB took off to the moon way back when it looked like it was breaking down to the low 40s. Then hey presto, big announcements and it all shot up to $1.70! That's why I'm striking a middle grpund between buying just to wait and watching for the absolute best price. You just never know sometimes!

Guru

The prudent investor would at least wait to make sure the US market recovers(biggest 1 day loss since October) This is a Global economy folks.
    Meanwhile Im just puzzled why instos are not piling in if this is such a win-win situation waiting to happen.

Its sitting 11cents below where I sold, before the (what everyone considered),was a wonderful sales announcement.--Is the market getting it wrong?

On the other side of the coin--If .65 was the bottom before-is it reasonable to assume .75 is the bottom now?--seems logical unless announcements are actually disappointing(no one has considered that)--at the end of the day ,its got to translate into sales--lots of sales.

Guru

I think you may also be in the running with your comment on the ''aspirations'' thread

Guru

One things for sure--Its probably the most difficult co. around to not become emotionally involved in --one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    One things for sure--Its probably the most difficult co. around to not become emotionally involved in --one way or the other.
    Yes, you can tell that by the extraordinary number of viewings and postings on this site. Several reasons, I think. It appeals to a lot of people who like to see NZ research-based biotechnology (as contrasted to the more hyped software/IT technology) succeeding globally, and it's certainly got at least the seeds of success. It also appeals to some who like to see companies producing really useful longterm solutions, not just something that will be fashionable for a few years and then be overtaken. And being a speculative investment, which has alreeady shown disconcertingly sharp SP movements, it's far more exciting than Spark or Fletchers. Great fun for risk-takers, not a share to put the house or the kids' inheritance on.

Guru

yep-especially those sharp SP movements you refereed to--When it took off like a rocket,i think alot were hooked from that point onwards.
    Like the first hit of Meth--many yearn for that rush again-understandably---Its got everything--potential-benefit to mankind-science--and the fact that the payday could be ''just around the corner''--but to others a little bit dangerous as well---will we hear that elusive, Kaching!!?