sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    W69, that's what they said about Rakon and Plus SMS, remember - $1 in at IPO was worth $4 at one stage in Rakon, and $1 in Plus SMS was worth $2000 at one stage.

Profits and returns have to be booked before any shareholder can say he/she has done well.

Masfen, Huljich and a few others had been selling so they have done well.
    But just shows you what a magical place the market is ..... turning $66m into $240m without any profits

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Realistically no banks will lend money to PEB until such time as it is profitable and shows sustainable profit and cash flow.

So there's no credit in PEB having no debt - in fact, it will be to PEB's credit if it had been able to obtain debt - huge vote of confidence from the banks!
    Well, once PEB has sustainable profit and cash flow Balance, it won't need the banks! I'd love to see PEB stay debt free....

On second thoughts...if PEB need another CR, they should go to the Govt in the first instance. Looks like they are a pushover for investing taxpayer's $$$$

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    was wondering how long it would be before this came up again. What is it with the refresher course today. Is it scare newbies week?
    Its Groundhog day for the bored.

The approachable Admin Guy

It was me and I deleted 546 "deleted" posts of Hancocks which nobody could see anyway.

Vince

I'd say hancocks has had enough.....eeeee.....vince has outed himself, but hey, Gryffyn didn't start this thread!!

I have found the best solution for anti-trolling is to form a private group, entry by invitation only. There are plenty of free hosting sites offering such services. I used them extensively for FX trading groups in a past life - they can be 'live chat' or simply uploading of data, material or comments/conversations. I met and conversed with people from all over the planet - 24/7 there would be someone in the room. The public rooms were atrocious - trolling was much worse than on here. Live chat might be a little over the top for a shareholder group - things don't move quite as fast as FX!!

If the group carries sufficient % of shareholding by proxy, company personnel/directors may make themselves available for 'one on one' casual calls/meetings with a rep of the group (fleshing out, rather than insider info) which can then be distributed privately throughout the group on a confidential basis. Much like fund analyst meetings.

Just an idea for the few of you who put up meaningful research and explanations to genuinely assist others.
    Last edited by Xerof; 10-02-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I'd say hancocks has had enough.....eeeee.....vince has outed himself, but hey, Gryffyn didn't start this thread!!

I have found the best solution for anti-trolling is to form a private group, entry by invitation only. There are plenty of free hosting sites offering such services. I used them extensively for FX trading groups in a past life - they can be 'live chat' or simply uploading of data, material or comments/conversations. I met and conversed with people from all over the planet - 24/7 there would be someone in the room. The public rooms were atrocious - trolling was much worse than on here. Live chat might be a little over the top for a shareholder group - things don't move quite as fast as FX!!

If the group carries sufficient % of shareholding by proxy, company personnel/directors may make themselves available for 'one on one' casual calls/meetings with a rep of the group (fleshing out, rather than insider info) which can then be distributed privately throughout the group on a confidential basis. Much like fund analyst meetings.

Just an idea for the few of you who put up meaningful research and explanations to genuinely assist others.
    Not one of these !!!!!!!
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/32ad3362-6...#axzz3RKg2GEZa

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Well, once PEB has sustainable profit and cash flow Balance, it won't need the banks! I'd love to see PEB stay debt free....

On second thoughts...if PEB need another CR, they should go to the Govt in the first instance. Looks like they are a pushover for investing taxpayer's $$$$
    Haha - that's why banks are called fair weather sailors.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post

I can see why this would seem like a good idea for those who have gotten fed up with what seems like unnecessary noise--but the downside of an exclusive club of verified shareholders is that there is then no one to keep it ''honest''--while not always being pleasant-some of the contrarian views are of real benefit.
    I think in the end its a matter of what you are looking for--the truth(not that you will always get it) or what you want to hear---i think in the end ,your experiment would end up back here---You can block posters that you feel are detracting from the thread

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    True skid, but the problem is that the signal/noise ratio remains atrociously low even if crap posters are blocked etc. I'd rather converse with a small group of like minded astute individuals than be subjected to the endless rants and raves of the masses. If that makes me a snob, then so be it.

Who's in???
    Go for it mate

There's a GROUP facility on this site.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    True skid, but the problem is that the signal/noise ratio remains atrociously low even if crap posters are blocked etc. I'd rather converse with a small group of like minded astute individuals than be subjected to the endless rants and raves of the masses. If that makes me a snob, then so be it.

Who's in???
    Thats fair enough--but it may be of some value to ask your self which views would have been most beneficial to listen to at this stage.

Over on Hot Copper they have it set up so you must acknowledge if you are holding or not and what your view is on the share (buy-hold-sell)

How will you screen posters to see if they are bonified share holders? And more importantly ,how will you get a balanced debate?

And one last thought--if there was an announcement tomorrow and the SP went to $1--would you still feel the same --or would you all come flooding back to celebrate?

I dont think it will work --but nevertheless Good luck
    Last edited by skid; 11-02-2015 at 10:10 AM.