sharetrader
    Guru

Hancocks,
    I would imagine that through your patience and knowledge you are sitting very comfortably in the black.
    It would be interesting to hear from someone who is deep in the red (other than coutts)

Id like to respectfully ask if you are holding any other shares
    Last edited by skid; 11-02-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Banned

I would agree Hancock’s, it’s all about perspective, long investors just want to share and compare and discuss over time.

There are different types of animals, growth investors, value investors, yield investors, each of whom also have different comfort levels across the entire risk reward curve.

There are some who steer away from pre-profitable stocks like PEB altogether preferring lower risk lower reward portfolio’s, absolutely nothing wrong with that either.

It’s different though for a minority of short termers though who spend their day time hours ramping up or down as a full time job, misguidedly I think, despite the big ego’s they don’t have any real influence at all aside perhaps from scaring the newer newbies. A waste of one’s life really.

I don’t see any problem with likeminded investors, bulls and bears, whom hold similar investment strategies getting together, it’s not like it doesn’t happen already by PM now.

The good stuff doesn’t make the forum until it’s already old anyway, and all can still choose to wade through what they each as individuals may each regard as noise on threads like this anyway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I would agree Hancock’s, it’s all about perspective, long investors just want to share and compare and discuss over time.

There are different types of animals, growth investors, value investors, yield investors, each of whom also have different comfort levels across the entire risk reward curve.

There are some who steer away from pre-profitable stocks like PEB altogether preferring lower risk lower reward portfolio’s, absolutely nothing wrong with that either.

It’s different though for a minority of short termers though who spend their day time hours ramping up or down as a full time job, misguidedly I think, despite the big ego’s they don’t have any real influence at all aside perhaps from scaring the newer newbies. A waste of one’s life really.

I don’t see any problem with likeminded investors, bulls and bears, whom hold similar investment strategies getting together, it’s not like it doesn’t happen already by PM now.

The good stuff doesn’t make the forum until it’s already old anyway, and all can still choose to wade through what they each as individuals may each regard as noise on threads like this anyway.
    How do you know that PEB is pre -profitable? Is assuming that it will be profitable a given?

How do you know that steering away from PEB to NAN which I consider lower risk is not higher reward?

Some of the posters comments on the DIL thread over time DID have an influence on how I have invested-I learned how to use caution (if thats what you mean by scare tactics then ...

Im a like minded investor...i like to see a black arrow rather than red ..just like the rest

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    There is an EITHER Sharetrader OR another thread element to your statement, skid.
    There is nothing to stop anyone belonging to Sharetrader and, provided they are accepted by the group, to another site on the same topic.
    If anyone feels in the need of a daily fix of light hearted banter, for and against, then it is quite easy to login to Sharetrader

Perhaps those with what may be called a less than positive view could start their own club with nonownership the criteria.
    Buying in or selling out would not necessarily mean instant approval for the alternative thread though.
    Caution....

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    True skid, but the problem is that the signal/noise ratio remains atrociously low even if crap posters are blocked etc. I'd rather converse with a small group of like minded astute individuals than be subjected to the endless rants and raves of the masses. If that makes me a snob, then so be it.

Who's in???
    Please get the heck out of ST if you have that kind of attitude - we do not need myopic one eyed cheerleaders/rampers who think the forum is just for them.

Have a read of CRP and NZOG, and read the abuse heaped on those who dare to write and continue to write cautionary (and yes, at times repetitive) comments. Those who listened saved themselves a heap of grief and dole.

So goodbye, NG - glad to see the back of you.

Cheers!

LOL, like I would ever do something just because you told me. Quite an ego you have there.

And its not like I've posted much over the last few months anyway.

NEXT.
    Precisely - cheerleaders/rampers like to read only what they prefer to read.

There have been significant developments in the industry PEB operates in but you miss them, and will continue to miss them because you are too busy looking for reinforcements and reaffirmations of your views.

CRP, NZOG, SNK etc - seen it all.

Not only have you seen it all, but you know it all too. Wonderful. So happy for you etc.

Unfortunately, however, your accusation of confirmation bias couldn't be any more wrong it you tried. I have given PEB a very hard time on this forum even though I was holding a parcel worth over $100k all the way through.

And these pointless conversations are exactly why I would rather talk in a group than participate on here.

Cheers.
    Please do set up your group and spare us your cheerleading antics.

Companies like PEB, NZOG, Snakk etc pump up enough good news NOT to require further commentary from the cheerleaders.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-02-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Guru

Since everyone has started ''debating'' the SP has gone up 2c (maybe its not such a bad thing eh?)

Why is it that this particular thread makes contributors more interested in pointlessly slagging each other off than simply addressing the issues like grown-ups? We've already been warned by STMOD, and believe me, this stuff is pretty unedifying.

Outside thinking.

Not only have you seen it all, but you know it all too. Wonderful. So happy for you etc.
    New Guy I suggest you visit the 'Ignore list' in your settings. Life becomes a lot more bearable once the ignore option is exercised on any unbalanced poster.