sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    lol....... I would accuse you of stirring the PEB bulls up again balance............. but there certainly is news out there in the bio marker world that would explain the weakness in the PEB share price.
    Freight train coming............. honk honk
    Please DYOR............all information balance has is freely available...just got to know where to look.
    One must always keep researching especially in the fast moving bio tech sector.
    not sure how to put this in a nice way ... but why am I reminded of long gone by Kindergarten days?

Any chance Snaps and balance that we treat each other here like grown ups? If you have relevant information, than I propose that you put it up here and now, so that people can read it themselves and discuss it. I can't really imagine that anybody would shoot you down for providing facts. However, if you are just playing games and like to scaremonger people, than may I propose you just shut up - I don't see anything useful which can be achieved that way.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Snaps & Balance - this your fr(e)ight train?

http://www.fiercediagnostics.com/pre...ncer-biomarker
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Milford at it again?
    Heavens forbid - notice Milford has hired a top legal gun to interact with the toothless bureaucratic FMA?

But there is definitely something very strange going on with the PEB quotes.

Notice how there's a 100,000 on the bid side, but always a couple of cents below the market price?

When the 75 cents were taken out a few days ago, the 100k at 74c moved to 73c.

When the 74c were taken out yesterday, the 100k moved to 73c and now it is sitting at 71c.

Seller trying to corral buyers to put up bids?

It will all come out in the wash long term short term though it looks like some manipulation in several stocks. Interested to know the % fundies trade of total volume/value. NZX would have these numbers.

lol....... I would accuse you of stirring the PEB bulls up again balance............. but there certainly is news out there in the bio marker world that would explain the weakness in the PEB share price.
    Freight train coming............. honk honk
    Please DYOR............all information balance has is freely available...just got to know where to look.
    One must always keep researching especially in the fast moving bio tech sector.
    Can't keep up with you lot...one minute the SP is way overvalued (or too strong?) and now I read it is undervalued (or too weak?).

Perhaps some see PEB succeeding, or a growing SP ...ONLY if they gain 100% of the market (ie no competitors)?

One thing that makes me cynical about the well meaning fatherly advice is, why has it been left at least a week - or maybe even two before deciding it was safe enough to "release" the big teaser comment to the punters on this thread? It is about as insincere as it gets I reckon.

I have always thought PEB needed a joint venture to penetrate the market in a timely manner.
    Unfortunately (despite looking) they could not find any one willing to partner them.
    The bulls will have you believe that it was PEB ultimately who chose to go it alone.... that of course is true but only because no one wanted to know them.
    Also unfortunately this has given a golden opportunity for other bio marker companies(yes multiple) to have the time to further develop their products for market before PEB gets a foot hold.
    I encourage you all to research the growing list of products in the bio marker sector, who they have as JV partnerships and the price points of products.
    While I don't respect the way you've done it, I do respect that its been done, so I'll just play the ball not the man.

Good stuff for pointing this out, more to think about when assessing the risks associated with this stock.
    I think this thread can be a bit sensitive at times - from both sides.

Knowledge is power, and we're all the more informed,
    Good stuff

I have always thought PEB needed a joint venture to penetrate the market in a timely manner.
    Unfortunately (despite looking) they could not find any one willing to partner them.
    The bulls will have you believe that it was PEB ultimately who chose to go it alone.... that of course is true but only because no one wanted to know them.
    Also unfortunately this has given a golden opportunity for other bio marker companies to have the time to further develop their products for market before PEB gets a foot hold.
    I encourage you all to research the growing list of products in the bio marker sector, who they have as JV partnerships and the price points of products.
    PEB would of course assert that theirs is the only truly effective and reliable test in the market, and all the others do not stand up to scrutiny.

Fair enough but the market for any product is not simply about the best technical product being successful sometimes.

It is also about speed to market and establishment of an effective (and profitable) marketing, promotion, distribution and sales platform.

That's where the JV structure comes in.

Guru

Out of the shadows and into the light--do with it what you will
    http://www.clpmag.com/2015/01/abbott...cer-biomarker/

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Out of the shadows and into the light--do with it what you will
    http://www.clpmag.com/2015/01/abbott...cer-biomarker/
    "Abbott currently offers the only FDA-approved urine-based molecular test for bladder cancer, UroVysion, which is included in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and European Association of Urology guidelines.

The FGFR3 mutation analysis assay will be available in early 2015. Abbott is also in the process of developing reagents for further studies, and is exploring collaborations with pharmaceutical companies to leverage the FGFR3 test as a companion diagnostic for emerging bladder cancer therapies."

Abbott only generates in excess of US$20 billion of sales a year - nothing compared to PEB.