sharetrader

Makes me wonder when long term holders start crying out about traders and how they effect real prices. A real long termer doesn't care about short term movements created by traders, it doesn't effect them in the slightest, apart from providing liquidity.

Your mate Benjy had a good quote in this respect, which I'm sure everyone knows.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, with varying levels of success from different people. Don't hate, we can all make a bob or two.

Membaa

I was going to post a chart but just about everything on it is bearish; descending triangle; under the big MA's and my fav 14day EMA; declining volume; money flow declining; RSI sideways under 50; MACD also sideways @ .018; DMI pos declining and neg rising. The only glimmer of hope I can find is Friday's Doji, following Thursday's down. If Monday bounces it may be a Morning Star or Abandoned Baby (a three-day candle pattern with higher open than Friday's close, and a higher close than Thursday's high) - both bullish reversal signals. A contrarian or true believer may sense a buying opportunity. Everyone else is probably just as confused as they will be reading this analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I was going to post a chart but just about everything on it is bearish; descending triangle; under the big MA's and my fav 14day EMA; declining volume; money flow declining; RSI sideways under 50; MACD also sideways @ .018; DMI pos declining and neg rising. The only glimmer of hope I can find is Friday's Doji, following Thursday's down. If Monday bounces it may be a Morning Star or Abandoned Baby (a three-day candle pattern with higher open than Friday's close, and a higher close than Thursday's high) - both bullish reversal signals. A contrarian or true believer may sense a buying opportunity. Everyone else is probably just as confused as they will be reading this analysis.
    I once felt really bad for that Abandoned Baby and moosie said they are bad bad news

From Investopedia ....question is the dominant PEB trend up for abandoned babies to be relevant? No not really so hopefully the baby is safely with its caregivers for a while longer

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'BEARISH ABANDONED BABY'
    The bearish abandoned baby is a rare but reliable candlestick pattern that is useful in determining changes to a dominant uptrend. The accuracy of the reversal signal is greatly improved when it is used in conjunction with other technical indicators, such as the MACD and RSI, to confirm the reversal.
    Last edited by winner69; 15-02-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Makes me wonder when long term holders start crying out about traders and how they effect real prices. A real long termer doesn't care about short term movements created by traders, it doesn't effect them in the slightest, apart from providing liquidity.

Your mate Benjy had a good quote in this respect, which I'm sure everyone knows.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, with varying levels of success from different people. Don't hate, we can all make a bob or two.
    Johnny, my point is...real long termers care about the business they are INVESTED in, hence their interest in the fundamentals ... what makes that business tick and what's behind it etc. Traders on the other hand couldn't care less about "the business". For them the word "business" means nothing. It is just another name for "an opportunity" to make some quick money off other punters playing the same hopeful game. Another example would be the bundling up and selling off of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages (securitisation) in the US that started the GFC. Trading off fresh air ...... one mug to another mug... trusting the next mug is a bigger mug ...until........!!!

I don't "hate" traders Johnny ... after all it is legal. I just don't see the value of them against the greater picture. It is simply about them and their conquests at other's expense. Trouble is, a lot of the time it is the poor old business who ends up paying the biggest expense of all (& their INVESTORS of course).

Membaa

Well with due respect W69, if you are reverting to literature, check this http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.p...ersal_patterns as I was referring to the POTENTIAL however slim that this a is Bullish reversal signal. Monday's price action will confirm or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I once felt really bad for that Abandoned Baby and moosie said they are bad bad news

From Investopedia ....question is the dominant PEB trend up for abandoned babies to be relevant? No not really so hopefully the baby is safely with its caregivers for a while longer

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'BEARISH ABANDONED BABY'
    The bearish abandoned baby is a rare but reliable candlestick pattern that is useful in determining changes to a dominant uptrend. The accuracy of the reversal signal is greatly improved when it is used in conjunction with other technical indicators, such as the MACD and RSI, to confirm the reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Well with due respect W69, if you are reverting to literature, check this http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.p...ersal_patterns as I was referring to the POTENTIAL however slim that this a is Bullish reversal signal. Monday's price action will confirm or otherwise.
    YES there are both bullish and bearish abandoned babies

And if your bullish abandoned baby eventuates on Monday then the guru Mr Bulkowski (Mr P referred to him a lot) says there is 70% chance of a trend reversal but also noted that the upward price trend after the bullish abandoned baby does not last long

Not really into candles myself but interesting none the less

Banned

I’ve received this recently from a reliable source;

“We currently submit claims and are being paid by these insurance companies under a molecular test CPT code, which gives us the opportunity to be reimbursed on a case by case basis. Using this strategy, we are receiving reimbursement from all the major insurers including Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS, Humana, Medicare Advantage plans, and many of the 2nd tier insurers. While the process is long and complex, we are pleased that our reimbursement is going to plan. Once we secure coverage in the public sector (Medicare), we will look to engage insurers Cigna and other major commercial insurers for formal inclusion in the policy as well as negotiate being a contracted provider if we feel it’s in our best interest moving forward”

Nice to see the strategic sales team, recently hired, doing as they do.

Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS and Humana together provide insurance cover for 215M Americans, another 40M or so are covered by Medicare Advantage plans.

All the doors are now open for Pacific Edge for the sales team to ramp up into.

Would be satisfying to see a step up in revenues, and with quite a helpful US exchange rate too

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I’ve received this recently from a reliable source;

“We currently submit claims and are being paid by these insurance companies under a molecular test CPT code, which gives us the opportunity to be reimbursed on a case by case basis. Using this strategy, we are receiving reimbursement from all the major insurers including Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS, Humana, Medicare Advantage plans, and many of the 2nd tier insurers. While the process is long and complex, we are pleased that our reimbursement is going to plan. Once we secure coverage in the public sector (Medicare), we will look to engage insurers Cigna and other major commercial insurers for formal inclusion in the policy as well as negotiate being a contracted provider if we feel it’s in our best interest moving forward”

Nice to see the strategic sales team, recently hired, doing as they do.

Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS and Humana together provide insurance cover for 215M Americans, another 40M or so are covered by Medicare Advantage plans.

All the doors are now open for Pacific Edge for the sales team to ramp up into.

Would be satisfying to see a step up in revenues, and with quite a helpful US exchange rate too
    Morning MAC...

I note your source is a "reliable" one. Does this mean there might be an increase in sales revenue since the HY15 report?

If so, I guess it maybe appears to sound just a wee bit of a chance of being positive...and they are even brash enough to state they are pleased it "is going to plan". But what do they know eh?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Johnny, my point is...real long termers care about the business they are INVESTED in, hence their interest in the fundamentals ... what makes that business tick and what's behind it etc. Traders on the other hand couldn't care less about "the business". For them the word "business" means nothing. It is just another name for "an opportunity" to make some quick money off other punters playing the same hopeful game. Another example would be the bundling up and selling off of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages (securitisation) in the US that started the GFC. Trading off fresh air ...... one mug to another mug... trusting the next mug is a bigger mug ...until........!!!

I don't "hate" traders Johnny ... after all it is legal. I just don't see the value of them against the greater picture. It is simply about them and their conquests at other's expense. Trouble is, a lot of the time it is the poor old business who ends up paying the biggest expense of all (& their INVESTORS of course).
    i dont think you have really thought that idea through Dents--It is not a black and white stuation--what would you say to those investors who left all their money in because they care about the company--They might say you abandoned it--you took your money and ran(leaving in the measly profit you made out of others over valuing this stock(at $1.70--$1.50-1.40-etc etc.90c) The market considers it over valued--(if you disagree perhaps you would like to consider an off market transfer @ any of those prices)
    Some of these investors have decided that the company had not earned their support(dosh) ,so they sold--to me ,thats fair enough.After all its you money--if the company does not ,in your view,earn your confidence then it is fair game to sell and look for another investment--If the SP goes up-thats your punishment--if it falls-you have lived to fight another day.

This is not a charity--You will either gain or lose---trying to attach a sugar sweet morality is not realistic for a company that has not come up with the goods yet--blind faith does not get it---If your still in(well..your profits-ie.-other peoples money-if you want to use your line of thinking)then it should be because you think the fundamentals are sound-not blind faith.

Im the other side of the coin to the ''stay in at all costs''scenario---I believe if a share is not performing sell,until it does perform-then rejoin for the uptrend --You will lose some of the initial gains(the ''gamblers'' money) but you will be on safer (more proven)ground---that would have saved some investors alot of money and stress(that comes up in different forms)
    This was particularly relevant after the first sales announcement--and then when things started slipping after the second.

Right now is anyone guess --pretty hard to suggest buying or selling--perhaps just monitor--but leave emotions out of it if you want to stay happy.
    Last edited by skid; 16-02-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Morning MAC...

I note your source is a "reliable" one. Does this mean there might be an increase in sales revenue since the HY15 report?

If so, I guess it maybe appears to sound just a wee bit of a chance of being positive...and they are even brash enough to state they are pleased it "is going to plan". But what do they know eh?
    It's all going to the plan they provided us, the insurers are on board, the NPN's have all been signed up and it's now beyond the seven month duration that Pacific Edge told us that they would start to reap sales from.

Just that alone is a significant boost forward from this time last year, and yep we should see that reflected in revenues at reporting in 3 month’s time.

It’s onward and upward from this point in the plan, analyst price targets $1.25 and beyond.