sharetrader
    Banned

Well certainly the last three SSH’s have been strong BUY’s, all that fund and private equity analysis seems to be upward, well there you go.

Harbour increasing their stake to 7.5%, Superlife increasing their stake to 6%, and SALT entering at 95c and commencing a substantial holding at 5.2%.

Some think sound market analysis, having a disruptive technology, a first mover advantage, no competition within two years, commercial access agreements in place, a sale team on the ground and active, virtually zero capital requirements, and a nice gross margin of 80% as being speculation, each to their own I suppose.

Guru

Jeez Mac,you sound like a politician--are you sure your not on the payroll?

A Billions of dollars multinational company is gearing up to show the true meaning of competition.

What agreement?(to consider?)..and at what price?

zero capital requirements? (we'll just have to wait and see how the cash burn pans out)
    Last edited by skid; 16-02-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Banned

Ha, just too much idle time on my hands at present, and I don't mind dispelling the myths and keep it all real, I am a long term shareholder though and a content one, I've no interest in buying or selling at present, I topped up last at the 2013 capital raising, but would though be absolutely buying again now if I wasn't over my diversification limit, rules are rules.

Guru

Just keeping it honest I would imagine you are one of the lucky ones who are still sitting on a nice profit!---I guess atm we are--- ''I want to make money(along with the company)'' vs ''I dont want to lose money''

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Dear MOD,

There's an interesting debate going on here and people who disagree are asking Balance for info etc which he can now no longer give. Sure some people need to watch how they say some things but blanket banning people whenever the debate gets a little heated is just frustrating and defeating the purpose of the forum.

If people don't like the way certain members post, let them block the member themselves.

Cheers,

Nextblockedthing
    I' m with you NBT, we can all block those that we find offensive and annoying, it is quite useful to read all the pros and cons, even if it does tend to descend into personal attracks from time to time. Eventually the assailant backs off.......and probably re reading their posts later on,realises what a dork they have been!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just keeping it honest I would imagine you are one of the lucky ones who are still sitting on a nice profit!---I guess atm we are--- ''I want to make money(along with the company)'' vs ''I dont want to lose money''
    Not really, some interesting short term psychology in all that though. There's lots of different investor types, I'm a growth investor predominantly, have done value, and have never been a yield investor.

The growth investors I really admire are the ones that can identify the disruptive tech very early on and can back themselves with that knowledge, wish I could do that.

Then there are the Warren Buffet types who identify strong forward business plans, back themselves with that understanding and invest. I try to default to that sort of model, not that I expect to be a billionaire.

I bought the Pacific Edge five year business plan in 2012/13 and am quite content watching it play out, they’re entirely on track at present and I’m a content holder with that allotment in my bottom draw.

It was, and still is, a buy of the market analysis, the disruptive tech, competitiveness and damn good management. Investing in the sound plans of very smart, energetic and motivated folk often pays off in life.

Those who invested at 20c though probably are quite content, those investing at 74c will be equally as content IMO, if I may be allowed one.

Never a truer word written. You have hit the nail on the head Dentie- I too am a satisfied long term holder but do get a bit un nerved by the opportunistic lot and really should ignore it all. I am happily on the right side of the arrow, and yes, could have sold out when it ballooned but decided not to, and comfortable with that decision- have a reasonably substantial shareholding and prepared to be proudly part of the good that they will do. Relax all and let PEB do its work....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Not really, some interesting short term psychology in all that though. There's lots of different investor types, I'm a growth investor predominantly, have done value, and have never been a yield investor.

The growth investors I really admire are the ones that can identify the disruptive tech very early on and can back themselves with that knowledge, wish I could do that.

Then there are the Warren Buffet types who identify strong forward business plans, back themselves with that understanding and invest. I try to default to that sort of model, not that I expect to be a billionaire.

I bought the Pacific Edge five year business plan in 2012/13 and am quite content watching it play out, they’re entirely on track at present and I’m a content holder with that allotment in my bottom draw.

It was, and still is, a buy of the market analysis, the disruptive tech, competitiveness and damn good management. Investing in the sound plans of very smart, energetic and motivated folk often pays off in life.

Those who invested at 20c though probably are quite content, those investing at 74c will be equally as content IMO, if I may be allowed one.
    The byproduct of growth is that you make money---I could change that to I want to experience growth(which means we make more money) vs ''I dont want to lose money''

A growth investor I admire put me on to a company that fits all your guide lines and was(is) farther along the growth curve,with stronger fundamentals--I brought it to every ones attention and no one wanted to know--(since then it has grown by leaps and bounds)--go figure.....
    Last edited by skid; 16-02-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Here's another patient long term holder not too concerned about what the TA traders are up to or how the SP rises and falls at this relatively early stage of the company's development. I'm looking to longer term SP appreciation plus the satisfaction of seeing a NZ biotech company eventually doing some good as well as turning a dollar. Okay it's speculative, we know that, but if no investors were willing to take risks the US railroads would never have been built and a lot of worthwhile businesses would never take off. A few of us took a hit at least temporarily with CRP, a much greater risk (although I suspect not many of us were in really deep), so my guess is that most of us are not blind to the need to keep things balanced and diversified and to avoid mortgaging the house.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Ball View Post
    Never a truer word written. You have hit the nail on the head Dentie- I too am a satisfied long term holder but do get a bit un nerved by the opportunistic lot and really should ignore it all. I am happily on the right side of the arrow, and yes, could have sold out when it ballooned but decided not to, and comfortable with that decision- have a reasonably substantial shareholding and prepared to be proudly part of the good that they will do. Relax all and let PEB do its work....
    Its interesting that those who can totally relate to this are all sitting comfortably on the right side of the arrow--what about all those poor souls who are sitting painfully on the wrong side of the arrow?--I dont see anything about them in the tirade (those are the people the invested Bulls should be justifying to,dont you think?