sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Its interesting that those who can totally relate to this are all sitting comfortably on the right side of the arrow--what about all those poor souls who are sitting painfully on the wrong side of the arrow?--I dont see anything about them in the tirade (those are the people the invested Bulls should be justifying to,dont you think?
    But Skid those invested Bulls are an encouragement to us red arrowed souls with their well researched facts which they post on this thread, as you know I wouldn't be selling anyway but birds of a feather flock together as they say. Disc- Holding quite a few at $1.35

Hey Baa Baa--Out of interest what would todays price action have to do to confirm or deny?
    I reckon, there is no price action. 24,415 shares over about 5 trades. Just a dude or two doing some stuff. I reckon that until you see huge and even sustained volume then any cues taken from price action are likely to be false.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Skid, you and a few others have had an absolutely stunning run with NAN - congratulations - it may be running a bit hot now; (perhaps), Snappiti has sold, (good for him), but what happens when you sell? What are you going to say to the purchasers of your shares? (those poor souls) I'm just curious.
    If your talking about Denties tirade (as he put it) I personally think that he made a logical decision in selling and holding onto profits (if he wanted) My comments were in response to his criticism of other investors--i dont think it was a fair representation--It has to be taken in context--(they do seem to be the forgotten ones though)--Sorry Couts-i should have made you the exception--for better or worse at least your still smiling(while i wouldnt adopt your investing technique-i do admire your optimism,and hope you realise my occasional digs are good natured)

You may well be right about NAN,but Ill let it run for the moment as long as they keep earning respect-As things progress one would hope that sales would increase progressively-If things go pear shaped,(perhaps if the GE thing turns bad) then once a downturn is established I would go elsewhere--maybe back here-(if they earn it)--You guys would all have more dosh as a reward for taking your chances with your support and staying in but that would be ok.
    Im not a Guru as the name suggests-but I do like to think I listen to the right people and appreciate their input.

Perhaps we should swap Hancocks--You could be the Guru(I never asked for it) -and I could be the ''devils advocate''

PS-That would be an interesting world if we did talk to our share buyers!
    Last edited by skid; 16-02-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Guru

Thanx (Nan) but I cant really take the credit.

Gotta say -I was astounded to see you have been a member since 2005 with only 39 posts--You must be at the top, in terms of information per post!

Whether we agree or not on everything,you are certainly a wealth of info-- Cheers

Membaa

Hey Baa Baa--Out of interest what would todays price action have to do to confirm or deny?
    I mentioned,

"If Monday bounces it may be a Morning Star or Abandoned Baby (a three-day candle pattern with higher open than Friday's close, and a higher close than Thursday's high) - both bullish reversal signals."

... which it hasn't done, in fact today, it barely did anything ... 8 trades, flatline @ $0.74 v
    ol 24,415 turnover $18,067

Membaa

Yup, agree mainly, even average volumes, but today it pretty much never left the parking lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I reckon, there is no price action. 24,415 shares over about 5 trades. Just a dude or two doing some stuff. I reckon that until you see huge and even sustained volume then any cues taken from price action are likely to be false.

Its interesting that those who can totally relate to this are all sitting comfortably on the right side of the arrow--what about all those poor souls who are sitting painfully on the wrong side of the arrow?--I dont see anything about them in the tirade (those are the people the invested Bulls should be justifying to,dont you think?
    Well skid, they jumped on board when things went ballistic and the share price jumped very quickly. Had they been a wee bit patient and waited for the drop, they would have also been on the right side of the arrow....can't blame the Bulls for that one. What goes up often goes down..... They just need to hold on, they will be on the right side of the arrow in time if all goes to plan.

Banned

Attachment 7072

Seems PEB will either succeed or fail.
    If successful, it goes to - what, $1.25? $5?
    If not, it goes lower, maybe to 0.

To me that's a speculative stock.

Right now the long term (50/200MA) trend is down.
    The price is below both averages.

If considering a buy, why not wait until the downtrend is broken?
    If the downtrend is never broken, save 100% of the proposed stake.

Banned

Many, well most really, might suggest that trying to predict the long term success of a company is entirely about business efficacy.

Trying to predict the long term success of any company from a chart is about as foretelling as rolling chicken bones. Though perhaps with the chart telling you that the outcome could be anywhere between zero and $5 might be a clue of that.

The evaluation of likely business success is about the intrinsic matters, evaluation of competitiveness, market analysis, technology, strategy, capitalisation, management, forward cashflows, sensitivity analysis, all the important things an entire world full of investors tend to focus on, and well for good reason too.

Good luck Bunter though with your speculative chart, such things are just squiggly lines on the way to an outcome determined by fundamentals and value.

For everyone else the analyst reports might be a good place to start.

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....=%%emailaddr%%

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch..../pacific-edge2

[QUOTE=bunter;559370
    Seems PEB will either succeed or fail.
    If successful, it goes to - what, $1.25? $5?
    If not, it goes lower, maybe to 0.
    To me that's a speculative stock.[/QUOTE]

MAC is correct. It's your scenario that's speculative, Bunter, and unrealistic to say the least. PEB is speculative in the sense that its SP may be volatile and there are no guarantees of making a profit from investing in it. Not in the sense that it's going to go belly-up. Even if it were to miss out on getting acceptance by the US health sector of any of the various elements of its cxBladder suite, which would appear highly unlikely, it's got other markets as well, plus melanoma and colorectal, plus IP that would be worth quite a bit to others. It's not like CRP which has only one arrow in its quiver. Okay, TA traders and some short and medium term investors are getting impatient with PEB, and acting accordingly. Biotech shares aren't flavour of the month right now, especially after the recent plethora of IPOs in the IT sector, but if NZ investors won't support PEB, a well-run company in a sector that has a big future, a takeover bid would seem the most probable outcome.