sharetrader

Aww I dunno Hoop - I recall buying into the downtrend at .60 and then .50 2013. Same thing, little news, price drifting lower. The same arguments on the thread re TA and FA. Worked out okay then

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Aww I dunno Hoop - I recall buying into the downtrend at .60 and then .50 2013. Same thing, little news, price drifting lower. The same arguments on the thread re TA and FA. Worked out okay then
    I don't mind TA either, folks making their charting patterns self-fulfilling can be a good thing in providing the irrational windfall dips and opportunities that come along.

Whether one buys at a confirmed TA signal or one buys at an FA valuation threshold, an opportunity is still an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    The point Bunter is simply that you can’t tell where a company will be in five year’s time from a stock chart, it’s not my point though, it’s the view of the entire international investment community. Its business models and valuation methods that provide such indications.

No disrespect intended, we all can and do have different views.

You may wish to consider though that what one does not know about a business model, does not make a company speculative, it may well just mean that one does know enough.
    I think both you and Bunter are right. Based on certain assumptions you get to the same end point .... if things go to plan

The chart below based on the assumption that the market is rationale most of the time. Forget about the madness of last year and that little mountain and you see a steady increase in the share price over time. Assuming the plan works the chart is showing a share price near $2 in 2020. Maybe you can tell what the share price will be in 5 years time!

Mac's FA stuff and business knowledge lets him work out a DCF, all based on assumptions and using sensitive discount rates and all that. He gets a $1.70 valuation (I think) which implies a share price of $2 something in 2018/19 ....if things go to plan

See both approaches give much the same result ... if all goes to plan .... both approaches are 'speculative' and based on assumptions that may or may not eventuate
    Last edited by winner69; 17-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Guru

I think the most successful use both

from observing-most TA followers ,use FA as well(although the opposite is quite often not the case)

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Dont mind them Bunter--They are only using 1 arrow in their quiver(the FA arrow) I dont think they understand what TA represents(the psychology of the market place)
    It seems weird that you are treating PEB as a stock purely to buy and sell on. What's wrong with buying and holding, having faith in a company and what it is trying to do? Surely all shares aren t to be treated as buy and sell on a daily basis - psochology in the market place means stuff all unless you are looking for short term gains etc. If PEB continues to do good work, who cares about the daily pschology of the desperate one dayers...

Guru

I dont buy and sell on a daily basis. Or look for short term gains --I do try to avoid loses though---Im not saying this or that about market psychology---just showing that it is there.
    Anything else is just assumptions on your part

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I dont buy and sell on a daily basis. Or look for short term gains --I do try to avoid loses though---Im not saying this or that about market psychology---just showing that it is there.
    Anything else is just assumptions on your part
    Apologies if you thought that is what I was insinuating- Wasn t putting you in that basket skid, I don t assume what others are doing , however I really just wanted to point out that while there is so much daily discussion on this thread, it does seem rather weird , despite the flurry of unrealistic prices last year, I see this share as a slow burner. I am confident that they will increase in price, over time, and they will add to their repertoire of tests for cancer thanks to the bright sparks in Dunedin etc.... Happy to hold long term, I don t think this company will crash and burn.

Guru

I dont think it will crash and burn either---slow consistent growth would be good--Im sure most of us would like to see the tests available if we ever need them. (and a kiwi co. be successful)
    Last edited by skid; 17-02-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Ok I think I understand - PEB is not a speculative stock, its future is assured because of all the things listed in this thread. Other views are unrealistic.
    Thanks.
    No, that's not what I said at all. I said it is a speculative stock, but questioned your definition of what is meant by a speculative stock.

Banned

Of course Winner that would make your rather nice chart a Cxbladder(detect) only chart.

Then one would really need to add charts for Cxbladder(triage), Cxbladder(predict), Cxbladder(health).

And then probably one, more, or all of Cxcolorectal which is market ready, and the melanoma and gastric pipeline products which may well have found companion diagnostic partners by then too, then perhaps add some other potential early stage pipeline products.

It’s like a sausage machine, the first sausage out of the machine finances the next, cranking away, some will be more successful than others, some will have higher margins, some may not launch at all, but the future looks both diversified and really quite bright, lots of smart people making smart products down there in the Dunedin lab, University of Otago also.

Hence the very real possibility of it being more of a $5 looking chart in that timeframe.