sharetrader
    Guru

given that PEB has predicted gaining 1or2% of the market in the first couple years in the US--that would be a good thing to watch to see if they are on track.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    given that PEB has predicted gaining 1or2% of the market in the first couple years in the US--that would be a good thing to watch to see if they are on track.
    If PEB gains traction in market share, we can be sure the company will splash it all over their next results - numbers, sales etc.

There will not be one amongst us who does not want PEB to be successful.

As a country, NZ desperately needs a few high profile outstanding success stories in the biotech/biomedical/pharmaceutical sector. In Australia, Cohlear and SCL lead the way. They serve as inspirations and role models for the younger generations to follow, and their outstanding successes create an environment conducive to universities, small companies and individuals obtaining funding.

PEB needs to embrace investors and shareholders constructively - it means being frank and honest with how they are progressing.

Here's a sincere appeal to PEB to open up and interface with the market like the Diligent's and Xero's of the world. You have everything to gain.

Banned

I’ll agree with you Balance in part, it would be good to get a bit more feedback released to the market, it’s not an easy sector within which to assess individual company traction without company feedback.

The release of a bit more newsie sort of info like that below would be good from time to time. If the newly established sales team are busy behind the scenes, cranking the handle, doing what they do, that’s the most important thing for now though.

Perhaps we will see those quarterly updates at some stage, now they are set to ramp it would seem appropriate going forward now.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I’ve received this recently from a reliable source;

“We currently submit claims and are being paid by these insurance companies under a molecular test CPT code, which gives us the opportunity to be reimbursed on a case by case basis. Using this strategy, we are receiving reimbursement from all the major insurers including Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS, Humana, Medicare Advantage plans, and many of the 2nd tier insurers. While the process is long and complex, we are pleased that our reimbursement is going to plan. Once we secure coverage in the public sector (Medicare), we will look to engage insurers Cigna and other major commercial insurers for formal inclusion in the policy as well as negotiate being a contracted provider if we feel it’s in our best interest moving forward”

Nice to see the strategic sales team, recently hired, doing as they do.

Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS and Humana together provide insurance cover for 215M Americans, another 40M or so are covered by Medicare Advantage plans.

All the doors are now open for Pacific Edge for the sales team to ramp up into.

Would be satisfying to see a step up in revenues, and with quite a helpful US exchange rate too
    Last edited by MAC; 19-02-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Guru

I dont think it would be the sales team that update the market(whether or not they are busy) it would most likely be someone a bit higher up. They would know these things on a day to day basis i would think-or perhaps at least tally for the month.
    For one reason or another ,it is what they are choosing to do at this stage IMO.
    If sales are good--im sure all will be forgotten.If they are not so good ,then the no news scenario will have set a precedent.

I have noticed the bio companies have just reported in Australia--im not sure why it hasnt happened with PEB here--could someone clarify?(maybe Im missing something) (perhaps a differnt tax year or quarterly vs half yearly)
    Last edited by skid; 19-02-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I dont think it would be the sales team that update the market(whether or not they are busy) it would most likely be someone a bit higher up. They would know these things on a day to day basis i would think-or perhaps at least tally for the month.
    For one reason or another ,it is what they are choosing to do at this stage IMO.
    If sales are good--im sure all will be forgotten.If they are not so good ,then the no news scenario will have set a precedent.

I have noticed the bio companies have just reported in Australia--im not sure why it hasnt happened with PEB here--could someone clarify?(maybe Im missing something) (perhaps a differnt tax year or quarterly vs half yearly)
    Definitely not the sales team - has to be CEO or MD. Quarterly updates like Diligent & Xero would be best.

PEB has 31 March year end so next financial results will be late May. All the more reason why PEB should be updating the market about sales for December quarter to provide some useful guidance.

Notice how there has not been one single announcement by PEB so far this year? For a company which loves to pump out the 'good' news, is it pointing towards something ominous?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    The words associated with quarterly reports at some stage were when "meaningful sales" are happening. I would suspect that time will be at hand in the next year or so given the excellent progress made so far, MAC.
    The next announcement should be a rehash of the cxbladder patent approved for Europe which was presented in error, retracted and advised that it would be delayed until about February 2015. Of course there is always left field.
    Perhaps some advice on CMS shortly also Miner, there’s five weeks left within the reporting period for those invoices to accrue upon an announcement.

The new clinical studies should probably be released in that timeframe adding to the CMS clinical validity dossier we were told about during the HY conference call, the timing for it seems all a bit nine months pregnant now.

Should move insurer contract negotiations nicely along when announced too.

“Once we secure coverage in the public sector (Medicare), we will look to engage insurers Cigna and other major commercial insurers for formal inclusion in the policy as well as negotiate being a contracted provider if we feel it’s in our best interest moving forward”

Looking like 2 big sellers now competing to get out. The 80k to buy at 72c has been taken out.

Let's do a brief review of what PEB is aiming to achieve in the absence of one from PEB so far this year.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/pacific...ream-dw-130949

Excerpt : "Mr Darling says Pacific Edge is expected to be "cashflow positive" in the US within two years. And it isn't expecting to go back to shareholders unless there is a pressing need to set up a lab in another country".

That was October 2012 - and PEB went back to shareholders exactly a year later for $20.5m in new capital. Definitely not in line with expectations!

Cashflow positive in the US within 2 years? Anyone prepared to take bets on this one?

Do I sense that PEB is busy in the background getting its story ready for the next capital raising? You betcha.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-02-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    There seems to be a pattern with PEB. Announcements in multiples or close together followed by an interminable vacuum until the next announcement. Says a lot for their skills in keeping information under wraps until release except in the case of the cxbladder to Europe patent. Nothing is perfect I guess.
    If they have some good news ,this would be a really ,really good time to let it out from under the wraps.

Well I bought some today at 73 cents after staying out for a fare while. I dont expect the company to be cashflow positive at the next announcement, but I am hoping for increased sales (like everbody here). I expect they will using money pushing the other just released products to market. (Triage I think they called it?). Anyway, I bought back in as I didn't want to miss out on any potential gains if they do surprise us. However, If the SP drops back to the mid 60's, I'll probably pick up some more. Cheers

Banned

What do we know as compared with the prior FY14 period;

-> We know Pacific Edge now have 12 strategic sales staff compared with around 2 or 3.

-> We know Pacific Edge have opened up several new sales regions which are now active

-> We know Pacific Edge are receiving reimbursement from all four network providers (NPNs) now, compared with none yet at FY14.

-> We know Pacific Edge are now receiving reimbursement now from “all the major insurer including Cigna, United, BCBS, Humana, Medicare Advantage plans, and many second tier insurers”.

Flat sales, nope sorry, up and away more like

Attachment 7085