sharetrader
Page 114 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 14641041101111121131141151161171181241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 21257

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Yes Major - read about this earlier. Moving into cancer diagnostics too by the look of it. Do you reckon this could have any negative impact on PEB?
    I can't imagine why there would be.

The squeeze is currently on the PEB share price - I'm expecting some extreme volatility in the near future (a large and sudden increase or decrease). The last time PEB was under similar circumstances the SP went from ~40 cents to ~70 cents. Looking at the technicals, I can't see an indication as to which way it will go (although based on the prospects of the company one would imagine that the odds are somewhat in favor of upwards). I will be watching the SP very closely over the next wee while.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    I will be watching the SP very closely over the next wee while.
    Nice one ,lol
    And thanks for the rest

Thanks Johnny & Major. At the rate technology is moving (for this oldish fella anyway), it is quite difficult to keep up with it all and, if I'm honest, I am getting left further & further behind. However, the fact that PEB has done all its testing and is now rampaging around its market (well, hopefully!), it gives me confidence at least for the short to medium term that they are ring fencing some real decent revenue now. I am impressed with the methodical (& humble) way in which they have gone about their business. They've done the hard yards and should be enough ahead of their competitors to cement their position in the market. I certainly agree about the technical pressure building - and, just like last year, seems like people are waiting for the AGM next month - where the SP went from .20 to .70 very quickly. I was impressed with what I saw and heard at last years AGM - let's hope it repeats itself.

AWOL

It seems that most of the other contenders haven't really got out the starting gate yet by comparison to PEB's effort so far. Gutometer reading shows four scenarios at the AGM
    a. Its not going as well as we thought it should. Likelihood reading 10%
    b. Its going pretty much as planned. Likelihood reading 50%
    c. Its going much faster than we had planned for but we can handle it. Likelihood reading 30%
    d. Its far exceeding our expected uptake. Likelihood reading 10%
    share price a .30
    share price b .80
    share price c 1.50
    share price d 2.50
    based on pure speculation, reading this thread, gut feeling (there is quite a bit of it), reading the competition websites and generally googling the heck out of everything even remotely related. Imho

I'd be happy with b at this stage ... which would be consistent with the way the company has been progressing to date. The great thing is, they have been methodical and humble. I like the way Mr Darling doesn't rant about the marketplace talking up the SP (which has no indication that it is being kept there by fresh (or hot?) air.

AWOL

Must say you are an expert on finding the good oil, Hancocks. Afraid I will have to bow to superior knowledge on this one as most of what is descibed is pretty well incomprehensible to me. However the proof is in the pudding or SP for us so there is no reason not to participate just on the basis of not being able to understand every last detail. Cheers from one blown away with medical and scientific parlance
    point taken on the midkine as 1 of 5 and part of a toolbox though and thanks for that
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 19-07-2013 at 02:34 PM.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by majorbarejet View Post
    It seems that most of the other contenders haven't really got out the starting gate yet by comparison to PEB's effort so far. Gutometer reading shows four scenarios at the AGM
    a. Its not going as well as we thought it should. Likelihood reading 10%
    b. Its going pretty much as planned. Likelihood reading 50%
    c. Its going much faster than we had planned for but we can handle it. Likelihood reading 30%
    d. Its far exceeding our expected uptake. Likelihood reading 10%
    share price a .30
    share price b .80
    share price c 1.50
    share price d 2.50
    based on pure speculation, reading this thread, gut feeling (there is quite a bit of it), reading the competition websites and generally googling the heck out of everything even remotely related. Imho
    I think we would all be happy with b. I would give your higher ones less of a chance though - starting out will be the hardest time sales wise as you will have a chicken and egg scenario. "Nobody else is using your test, why should we?" I can just imagine being said many times during sales discussions! Most likely followed, on the PEB guys by "I will tell you what, we will give you a hundred for free (or cheap), evaluate these against your current methods and see how it stacks up. That's 50k worth of tests! But we want rights to publish your results and to use them in future sales pitches.", hopefully followed by "OK, that sounds good, sign us up!"

Banned

I think you are correct Brighton Early, we should be patient as sales management roll out their well presented strategy.

There is no PEB commitment to quarterly reporting. David Darling did advise that he will update us on sales later in the year, however I took this to mean that this would be at half year reporting in November.

PEB could though take a lot of volatility out by incrementally announcing sales agreements as and when they arise with DHB's and similar organisations within the US and Europe. The last one was only six weeks or so ago in May, we should be starting to see more as the year progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Midkine is a gene produced by a tumor and if the levels are detected as elevated, then there could be a tumor, this is one of the genes used in the 5 gene Cxbladder cancer test and was obviously not the intellectual property of Pacific Edge Limited. The other 4 genes are; and, that is where all the time, work, treasure and discovery has been directed, I reckon that you may find Midkine in other Pacific Edge products; it’s a handy thing to have in the toolbox! Midkine by itself is not a useful tool.

About the company

Fujikura Kasei is a Japanese company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange with headquarters in Tokyo. Established in 1938, Fujikura Kasei Co Ltd is a fine chemical company traditionally with core strengths in coating materials, electro-conductive materials, polymers and resins, serving electronics, automobiles, buildings industries. With its platform technologies in particle size and shape control, hybridization, functionality and processing, Fujikura Kasei is one of the largest suppliers of latex particles used in medical diagnostic based on latex coagulation technology.

Wikipedia - Latex Fixation Test

Read this article (below Table 2) it looks like quite an involved process.

Latex Assay for Serotyping of Group B Streptococcus Isolates
    Many thanks Hancocks for your diligent research and understanding of the complexity in PEB's toolbox

I'm in awe of your research Hancocks. I'm ashamed of how little research I do, it's usually just my gut instinct or following someone elses research.