sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Share price of PEB on 28 Nov 2014 when results were announced - 88c.

Months ahead (today) - 71c.

Minus 20% - if that is positive rerating, I dread what negative rerating is !!!!!

So what I mean by time making an opinion fact or fiction?

Absolutely nothing detrimental has happened - since HY results in November when the SP was 88c. You are correct Balance.

However, factual announcements have seen Superlife Trustee Nominees Ltd (a SSH) increase their holding as well as CX Bladder (Triage) getting launched.

Combine those with all the factual information and positive events still to happen posted by Hancocks and MAC and I would say PEB holders have every right to feel positive.

Notwithstanding this...the SP has dropped 20% (correct again Balance!).

So what does this tell me about Mr Market? Well, some S/H are always going to want to sell for one reason or another (like the Masfens wanting to enter a new venture etc) so that is self explanatory and understandable ... but other than that, based on having no "negative" factual information available - I would say Mr Market is not as intelligent as some would have us believe.

Of course, there are always those people who want to be investors but are either too lazy to do any research - or simply want to rely on what other perceived guru's say. And on their say so, these people start selling. They have no idea why they were in the stock in the first place, no idea about the company or market they operate in and consequently no idea why they hit the sell button. It is these uneducated & nervous "clowns" that create opportunities for the more informed amongst us because of the inefficient market they create. And I think that is where we are now.

SP Value - in this type of company - in its current market ... is just perceived. It just means the bounce will be even more pronounced later on.

when is PEB due for their next results announcement, end of Feb early March?

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    so you believe the only reason the shares have moved lower is because the market is stupid.....I would say those sort of comments reflect more on you than the markets.
    The real reason for the recent decline in share price is this share relies heavily on hype and spin to move the share price up......we have had little of this of late so the hyped up share price is bound to deflate.
    But you can be sure we will have some hype and spin just prior to the next disappointing sales announcement.......more of a repetitive theme than a coincidence.
    Was the force just too strong Snap ?

so you believe the only reason the shares have moved lower is because the market is stupid.....I would say those sort of comments reflect more on you than the markets.
    The real reason for the recent decline in share price is this share relies heavily on hype and spin to move the share price up......we have had little of this of late so the hyped up share price is bound to deflate.
    But you can be sure we will have some hype and spin just prior to the next disappointing sales announcement.......more of a repetitive theme than a coincidence.
    Meanwhile as you and I know, the industry has not been standing still and there are adverse developments for PEB happening in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by steve06 View Post
    when is PEB due for their next results announcement, end of Feb early March?
    In the first few months of 2014 there were a number of announcements about various initiatives which excited the market, but no financial information was released until the full year results were published on 28 May.

I emailed the company this afternoon asking when PEB intended to provide an update to the market about sales, revenue and/or other developments. I'll post the reply when I receive it.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Hi Snapiti - sorry...should have been even more specific by saying "some elements of Mr Market...".

I did go on to mention about how the market was inefficient (due to these elements). You know as well as I do that if the market was efficient (ie - always perfectly priced), you and I would probably not be in the market because there most likely wouldn't be a market (ie no profit opportunities).

I agree the reason the share price moved up to the crazy levels was due to hype, spin and uneducated clowns with too much money on their hands. You would be thankful for that I'm sure as you made your escape. But I don't agree that the SP has deflated simply because of a lack of hype & spin either. As mentioned, there has been no negative facts announced since the HY report although there is on going negative opinions about all sorts of things on here. Given the volume selling, I think there is just a lot of nervous nellies being scared (manipulated?) out of their smallish share holdings .... all with the price drifting down and down and down....which of course, at the right time, will create another opportunity for the educated buyers (or is that traders?)

With no factual announcements from PEB themselves, why would someone sell until that happens? With the small volumes, why would they need the money? A share only turns into cash when one sells.....

By the way ... what is the antonym for hype? I think that is what is contributing to the drift downwards.....

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    In the first few months of 2014 there were a number of announcements about various initiatives which excited the market, but no financial information was released until the full year results were published on 28 May.

I emailed the company this afternoon asking when PEB intended to provide an update to the market about sales, revenue and/or other developments. I'll post the reply when I receive it.
    That would be great thanks Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meanwhile as you and I know, the industry has not been standing still and there are adverse developments for PEB happening in the background.
    Do you think PEB have just been standing still while the industry has not been standing still? Do you think they are not aware of any competition?

The worst that can happen is PEB won't sell anything (out of their suite of products) and that better competition will arrive in their sandpit.

Have you lost interest in PEB and become Mr Doomsdayer because PEB are not going to hold a 100% monopoly anymore and no longer have the playing field to themselves?

Actually, given their accuracy, it will probably be easier for PEB to do their marketing when all their competitors start to launch their products.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post

By the way ... what is the antonym for hype? I think that is what is contributing to the drift downwards.....
    Secrecy.
    Plenty of that going on at the moment.
    Patience

Nice little uptick, who did that?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post

Nice little uptick, who did that?
    Not me but not unhappy that it happened. I'm sure there will be more to come despite all the prophets of doom on here. I'm on the right side of the ledger, holding over 300k shares and quietly confident that there will be a good result for PEB if not this year then certainly in 2016.

I've been well rewarded by being a patient long-term holder of many companies and am not about to jump out of PEB on the basis of all the angst that's being spouted by a few negative types on here.

We need more innovative NZ companies competing on the world stage and they need to be supported in their endeavours. That's why I'm also holding XRO and DIL and happy with both of those too. However, I can understand the unhappiness of those who leapt into the market at the crazy prices all three companies were selling at last year.