sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

More so in the case of a company like PEB which has been churning out the 'good' news - resulting in the company enjoying spectacular share price appreciation, enabling it to raise new capital ($40m in the last 2 years) and allowed some major shareholders and management to realize huge gains.

People like me will hold the company to account to provide follow up and evidence of the [...] statements, utterances etc they have made to the market.

You will note care is taken to refer to what PEB and management have stated, said, presented etc before I give my opinion.

If the company and its management cannot stand up to scrutiny and are thin-skinned, then it is their right to bring action against me and I have my QC ready to take them on.

The question for them is how they will stand up to my scrutiny in court.
    1. There was also some huge gains made for shareholders who were NOT major shareholders...

2. I didn't notice you ask any of your "scrutiny" or "holding to account" type queries raised at the last AGM ... or do you only do it on ST type forums?

3. Sorry, but I don't necessarily agree that "care is taken" to what PEB management state before you give your opinion...

4. Why bother retaining a QC "at the ready" - especially if you take care with your utterances? Surely a bread & butter Barrister on an "as required" basis would suffice ... a lot cheaper too I'd expect? Sounds like you may need them often?

Guru

Well I had a bit of time on my hands--its raining so I decided to go back about 14 months ago on this thread and started reading just to try and get some perspective....should be required reading......alot of the same players around back then...and there are some classic statements!

For those new folks who take the time--you will come back with a new appreciation of things around this neck of the woods.
    Last edited by skid; 21-02-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I have investments in 25 NZ companies plus a number on the ASX but VML is not one of them. Why do you ask?
    The statement you made just seemed to ring true. And I was considering some more VML, expecting I would have to wait patiently for any payoff.

AWOL

Thanks for your concern, Miner.

Let's take a breather here and review, shall we?

Any company which lists on the NZX, NZAX, ASX or any exchange do so with the primary intention of facilitating the flow of capital :

1. Raising new capital

2. Allowing major shareholders freeing up their capital by selling shares

3. Liquidity - shareholders buying or selling shares.

A public listing also means getting profile and interacting with the market.

The company and its management can expect to be scrutinized very closely by the market. That is the essence of the quid pro quo relationship between a listed entity and the market.

More so in the case of a company like PEB which has been churning out the 'good' news - resulting in the company enjoying spectacular share price appreciation, enabling it to raise new capital ($40m in the last 2 years) and allowed some major shareholders and management to realize huge gains.

People like me will hold the company to account to provide follow up and evidence of the good news - how are they measuring up against the expectations, forecasts, statements, utterances etc they have made to the market. It is in the nature of all companies that they will play up the 'good' news and downplay (or even skirt) the bad news.

You will note care is taken to refer to what PEB and management have stated, said, presented etc before I give my opinion.

If the company and its management cannot stand up to scrutiny and are thin-skinned, then it is their right to bring action against me and I have my QC ready to take them on - that's life. The question for them is how they will stand up to my scrutiny in court. And that applies to all posters posting here - are they ready to fight the good fight with companies and their management when they post here.

And yes, it is highly likely that PEB (and some other companies, especially the smaller ones) reads ST and the postings here. And yes, I suspect that some of them probably plant postings here as well via various means - eg. having posters of their own.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the lovely weather!
    This is a brilliant piece of tongue in cheek humour, Balance.
    The icing was the QC followed closely by the conspiracy theory at the end.
    Well done.
    Miner

Advanced Member

I have a friend who is a QC and i'm sure I could call on him if the need arose but I am not silly enough to waste money on this company. As I said before, the value of any company is in inverse poportion to the number of posts on this forum and this one is in a lemming like race to the cliff with WDT. I come onto this thread just for the amusement of knowing that, while I can be a fool too often for my own liking, ther are others who spend a lot mre time in that codition than I do. Today's a good day - I made $40 on the horses yesterday and got two lines on my Lotto ticket for a total of $66.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    I think the number of posts on any thread reflect the interest in that particular issue or share.

Pacific Edge has an inordinate number of responses because we have two factions. One wants to post information and discuss the company and products; the other, and predominant faction posts copious amount of supercilious crap.
    That's on the record now so it cannot be deleted.

That's on the record now so it cannot be deleted.
    Indeed, and Hancocks has eloquently hit the nail on the head here with his comments.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Ball View Post
    I' m with you NBT, we can all block those that we find offensive and annoying, it is quite useful to read all the pros and cons, even if it does tend to descend into personal attracks from time to time. Eventually the assailant backs off.......and probably re reading their posts later on,realises what a dork they have been!
    For the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Ball View Post
    Indeed, and Hancocks has eloquently hit the nail on the head here with his comments.....
    For the record.

Banned

The threads back due to popular request as I understand, I was content to have some peace and quiet to be honest, powers that be are probably watching though, protagonistic relentless mindless dribble might be at ones peril I suspect.

How about maturity, research, facts, and well referenced constructive input, or is that a consistent impossibility ?