sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Perhaps this excellent summary of MAC's could be made a sticky at the start of the thread to serve as a guideline for any future input. It could be added to as things develop. Any posts not containing some reference to the above subjects, be it for or against, could be removed.

One that could be added is the reannouncement of the retracted cxbladder patent for Europe, should be due very soon. It was stated it would be awarded in February, I think.
    Sorry -I dont agree as some may think all these things have actually happened--which is not the case--perhaps a distinction between what is the goal, and what has successfully happened would be more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    whether PEB are successful in their endeavors or not one thing is for sure in ten years time people won't be able to comprehend that for decades we used cystoscopy as the only/main way to detect bladder cancer......... I can see our kids saying "you did what to where to test for that cancer".
    Any way you slice and dice this thing, if you'll excuse the expression, its hard to beat the eyesight of a skilled oncologist but speaking from personal experience its not a lot of fun especially when she's a lady and there was a trainee female student nurse observing, phew that was my humble pie for 2014 lol. (Just thought I'd post to lighten the mood)...I really have no idea if this company will be successful and doubt anyone else does for sure...best to call it as "highly speculative" and only make it a very modest part of a very well diversified portfolio, my 2 cents. That's definitely less than 5% portfolio allocation in my opinion, if anyone's interested.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Any way you slice and dice this thing, if you'll excuse the expression, its hard to beat the eyesight of a skilled oncologist but speaking from personal experience its not a lot of fun especially when she's a lady and there was a trainee female student nurse observing, phew that was my humble pie for 2014 lol. (Just thought I'd post to lighten the mood)...I really have no idea if this company will be successful and doubt anyone else does for sure...best to call it as "highly speculative" and only make it a very modest part of a very well diversified portfolio, my 2 cents. That's definitely less than 5% portfolio allocation in my opinion, if anyone's interested.
    Good advice Roger--We all want this test to be around(we may need it) but we must also keep our feet on the ground.

A safer option is to wait until things turn the corner and join the uptrend if it comes or ,if you want to join the higher stakes game atm-just be aware of the greater risk attached. I believe the previous ''stick post suggestion'' does not take this into account.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Sorry -I dont agree as some may think all these things have actually happened--which is not the case--perhaps a distinction between what is the goal, and what has successfully happened would be more realistic.
    Items 1 to 10 have already occurred. It then says We are here. The remainder are goals.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Cxbladder:

• Outperformed comparative tests as an adjunct to cystoscopy.
    • Has a negative predictive value (NPV) of 97%.
    • Detected 100% of T1-T3, Tis and upper tract tumours.
    • Detected 97% of high-grade tumours.
    • Detected 68% of Ta tumours as compared to cytology at 35%.
    • Distinguished between low grade Ta tumours and other detected urothelial carcinomas with a sensitivity of 91% and specificity of 90%
    • Robust to BPH, cystitis/UTI, haematuria secondary to warfarin, prostatitis and urolithiasis.
    • Detected six urothelial carcinoma not identified by cystoscopy during the clinical work-up but confirmed at the 12 month follow-up:
      • 1 x T2 single renal pelvis.
      • 1 x Unk multiple high grade bladder tumours.
      • 1 x T2 single high grade bladder tumour.
      • 3 x Renal pelvic / distal uteric tumours (detected by CT; not path confirmed).

• Has a overall sensitivity of 82% at 85% specificity

Guru

Normally ''ramp up'' is a term used to describe production rather than income.so perhaps after dropping that term it would be clearer to make the stuff after ''We are here'' in a different color (to be changed when they come to pass)--In terms of revenue--you could put a point on the graph of the growth curve with date and the goal(100mil)

In terms of the above(post)--Im sure the sales will tell the story on the result of those factors.(the numbers will tell the story)
    Last edited by skid; 23-02-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Advanced Member

technology moving very fast in cancer detection ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-biopsies.html

Banned

Attachment 7115
    __________________________________________________ _____

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Simple mathematics gone astray

Sometime ago somewhere on this forum I made the statement that the PPV (Positive Predictive Value) of 74% for the CxBladder clinical study as claimed by PEB in their little video was wrong.

I got a bit of flak along the lines of the smart cookies at Pacific Edge knew what they were doing and thus I was wrong.

Anyway I notice we have a new video. It claims a different PPV, 68% this time.

I say this is still significantly wrong.

So watch the video, enjoy the marketing spin and note the figures.

Then crunch the numbers and tell me if can get them to add up.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: Does the CxBladder Triage webpage lack any detail whatsoever when you look at it?
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Sometime ago somewhere on this forum I made the statement that the PPV (Positive Predictive Value) of 74% for the CxBladder clinical study as claimed by PEB in their little video was wrong.

I got a bit of flak along the lines of the smart cookies at Pacific Edge knew what they were doing and thus I was wrong.

Anyway I notice we have a new video. It claims a different PPV, 68% this time.

I say this is still significantly wrong.

So watch the video, enjoy the marketing spin and note the figures.

Then crunch the numbers and tell me if can get them to add up.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: Does the CxBladder Triage webpage lack any detail whatsoever when you look at it?
    The CxBladder Triage page probably not working for you because you're not in NZ or the US. Try a VPN like hola and the info magically appears.