sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    The lesson seems to be then .... do not operate or talk with any "confidence" when you are trying to launch your business or product - especially when trying to pitch it to those that want to be the biggest at everything....
    That's hardly the point.

What Snapiti is alerting to is PEB's performance against the rhetoric of the last three years.

No point blaming the yanks or anyone - it is a question of taking stock and keeping investors alongside with real dialogue about developments, positive and/or negative.

Not the PEB's stance of gilding the lily!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's hardly the point.

What Snapiti is alerting to is PEB's performance against the rhetoric of the last three years.

No point blaming the yanks or anyone - it is a question of taking stock and keeping investors alongside with real dialogue about developments, positive and/or negative.

Not the PEB's stance of gilding the lily!
    I get Snapiti's point.... which is a very easy one to make "looking back over one's shoulder - AFTER the 3 years". It is always easy to use words like "Rhetoric" as you reflect on what may have been said 3 years ago. At the time those words were said however - I would have called them "confident".

My point is simply that PEB spoke "confidently" about what it was hoping to achieve - in the future. That is how I want them to speak ... I wouldn't be investing in a company that spoke "humbly" or should I say "meekly".

Just because PEB haven't consistently released any updated information doesn't mean it is necessarily negative either. They could very well blow the market away with their next announcement .... who knows?

Just because PEB haven't consistently released any updated information doesn't mean it is necessarily negative either. They could very well blow the market away with their next announcement .... who knows?
    This is where a judgement call has been to made based upon the information available out there - not from just the company but from competitors, suppliers etc etc.

Some like Snapiti and I are prepared to make the call.

'Who knows' should be from PEB regularly updating the market with their progress towards $100m revenue - not a happening thing unfortunately (the update thing that is).

[QUOTE=Balance;562499]This is where a judgement call has been to made based upon the information available out there - not from just the company but from competitors, suppliers etc etc.QUOTE]

Yes - good point Balance....I did canvass PEB's competitors and they all told me how wonderful PEB are - and how they expect PEB's sales to eclipse PEB's own assumptions.

AWOL

I get Snapiti's point.... which is a very easy one to make "looking back over one's shoulder - AFTER the 3 years". It is always easy to use words like "Rhetoric" as you reflect on what may have been said 3 years ago. At the time those words were said however - I would have called them "confident".

My point is simply that PEB spoke "confidently" about what it was hoping to achieve - in the future. That is how I want them to speak ... I wouldn't be investing in a company that spoke "humbly" or should I say "meekly".

And just to back that up, the famous words were as reported by ODT " Mr Swann was confident that the company will processing " several tens of thousands of tests" next year.
    A. Confidence was not expressed verbally by Mr Swann. Mr Swanns demeanour exhibited confidence that the reporter reported
    B. The word be after will is missing.
    C. It says tests processed, not sales made. Who knows how many user program tests have been done that are not paid for.
    11000 urologists times " Hi guys, here are 20 free tests each just to get you started and let you know what we are all about"
    Even at three tests each its still a doer.

Banned

I don’t think it’s at all improbable either Miner that quite a lot of user programme tests have been undertaken actually now that the sales force has been hired.

Pacific Edge geographically have regional coverage now for over 30% of those 11,000 Urologists.

Even if just 10% of those Urologists have been offered a 25 test mini user programme, that would be 8,000 tests undertaken on top of sales.

Some folk may feel a bit discredited if Pacific Edge report that more than 5,056 user programme tests have been undertaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I would say exceeding Forbar's forecast $3.0m CxBaldder sales revenue, representing 4,944 tests sold, is a good result.
    Last edited by MAC; 03-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I don’t think it’s at all improbable either Miner that quite a lot of user programme tests have been undertaken actually now that the sales force has been hired.

Pacific Edge geographically have regional coverage now for over 30% of those 11,000 Urologists.

Even if just 10% of those Urologists have been offered a 25 test mini user programme, that would be 8,000 tests undertaken on top of sales.

Some folk may feel a bit discredited if Pacific Edge report that more than 5,056 user programme tests have been undertaken.
    Its a hard game we are playing here trying to figure out long range what a company is doing. The only things we can rely on are the HY and FY results and any other information they are obliged to reveal by announcements to the market. Any pleas for updates, hows it going, additional info will be largely ignored as it appears all of that will be via Edison when they get a round tooit. So its wait and stew, wait and stew for a few months yet.
    Unless of course something flies out of the woodwork unexpectedly; you never can be sure with this lot and the area of expertise in which they are involved.
    That 30 percent of urologists would appear to be in very high density areas and also include a lot of retirees, Florida and California so the chances of higher numbers of unfortunates increases with those factors. The chances of an urologist getting much clientele in Mizpah-Pumpkin, Montana pop 404 would seem remote unless of course they are all firefighters and smoke.

Guru

I think that something will have to fly out of the woodwork (kaiser?) to have a good sales result--Has to be a deal. I dont think even 12 sales staff will do it.(especially exponential growth) That really, is what everyone is waiting for --I dont think they can do it completely on their own.

If this ship is going to sail--we should be looking for more than just the normal sales report. IMO

May,would be stretching being ''the beginning of the year''---should be word before that
    Last edited by skid; 04-03-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Banned

Well let’s all see then on reporting day, analyst consensus is $3.2M revenues, lot's of business happening behind the scenes at Pacific Edge indeed.

I’ve received this recently from a reliable source;

“We currently submit claims and are being paid by these insurance companies under a molecular test CPT code, which gives us the opportunity to be reimbursed on a case by case basis. Using this strategy, we are receiving reimbursement from all the major insurers including Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS, Humana, Medicare Advantage plans, and many of the 2nd tier insurers. While the process is long and complex, we are pleased that our reimbursement is going to plan. Once we secure coverage in the public sector (Medicare), we will look to engage insurers Cigna and other major commercial insurers for formal inclusion in the policy as well as negotiate being a contracted provider if we feel it’s in our best interest moving forward”

Nice to see the strategic sales team, recently hired, doing as they do.

Cigna, Aetna, United, BCBS and Humana together provide insurance cover for 215M Americans, another 40M or so are covered by Medicare Advantage plans.

All the doors are now open for Pacific Edge for the sales team to ramp up into.

Would be satisfying to see a step up in revenues, and with quite a helpful US exchange rate too
    Last edited by MAC; 04-03-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Well let’s all see then on reporting day, analyst consensus is $3.2M revenues, lot's of business happening behind the scenes at Pacific Edge indeed.
    Or little business happening - don't discount that scenario.

Let's see if Forbar's forecast of $3m CxBladder sales for FYE 31 March 2015 is met.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-03-2015 at 10:51 AM.