sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb See who I upset today

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    ...On a more serious note--Ive just been looking through the Kaiser Permente web site and trying to find the trial under their research projects---Holy Mac! there are pages of them--tried searching and scrolling under ''cancer''(theres a whole list of topics) but havent had any luck.
    Is it possible a trial is not considered reasearch--couldnt find anything about trials.
    Any one else know where to look?...
    Actual it is not a clinical trial, just some user program research.

Would not like to bet (i.e. by owning PEB shares) on what the financial outcome of it will be.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Come on Hindsight Harry, this is one of your very poor habits, regurgitating old posts months after events have overtaken the content. This is insidious, sneering mockery in my view, entirely uncalled for.

cease and desist dear boy!

I have my QC from Rhetoric, Innuendo and Sons on standby
    Fair enough, Xerof but I brought the post up in the context of how much reliance investors and market put on utterances from PEB, official and/or official - in the light of the discussion today about information sources and insider information etc.

What can be ascertained from the links (August 2013 and Dec 2013 articles) are :

1. $100m gross revenues by 2018,

2. 'Takeover' ramp by Darling,

3. Re-iteration of $100m by Chairman,

4. "several tens of thousands of tests'' next year' comment by Chairman,

5. Reference to PEB being a takeover prospect again,

6. CMS approval in early 2014,

7. "protected its intellectual property well and ''was likely several years ahead'' of competitors catching up".

We can see why the market got super-excited about PEB's prospects and aggressively bid the stock up in the context of the extremely bullish comments in the articles to the 'dizzy' heights.

I shared the same sentiments at that time (been around so should have known better) but history records that when PEB started slipping behind all the above, and made no effort to account for the severe slippages, I turned negative on its prospects.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-03-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling

AWOL

Yes, and the associated document does not mention triage at all, but thats what it turned out to be. So can we take from that a Mid Central trial has taken place with Triage as the focus and the result is the launch of Triage in NZ?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Find the next document yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Yes, and the associated document does not mention triage at all, but thats what it turned out to be. So can we take from that a Mid Central trial has taken place with Triage as the focus and the result is the launch of Triage in NZ?
    NO.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    NO.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Care to reevaluate? Last paragraph of your user program research link would indicate other than NO to me.
    In hindsight it has Triage " written all over it"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Actual it is not a clinical trial, just some user program research.

Would not like to bet (i.e. by owning PEB shares) on what the financial outcome of it will be.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    One thing that struck me was how many research projects they have going(well over 100)
    I guess i got the impression that the trial was more than 1 out of hundreds of considerations-and now it appears its not even in that category.
    I guess that means its not going to be easy to get any info on the progress--no sign of cx or PEB anywhere.
    Im sure they will announce when they get info,but yes ,it appears to be small potatoes atm.
    Once again I am struck by the enormity of the medical world and although we know it is a good product and can certainly save lives,it is just one minnow in a large sea --it is not going to rock the world.
    Couldnt help but notice That ''A'' competitor funding some of the research projects (not bladder cancer) Will PEB get steamrolled? Hopefully the competition will not see a small co. in 1 area enough of a threat to go for that.
    Maybe somewhere in that maize is mention of PEB ,but I cant find it. I would have thought if Kaiser is going to ''partner up'' with some one it would come up on their web search.
    Last edited by skid; 05-03-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Come on Hindsight Harry, this is one of your very poor habits, regurgitating old posts months after events have overtaken the content. This is insidious, sneering mockery in my view, entirely uncalled for.

cease and desist dear boy!

I have my QC from Rhetoric, Innuendo and Sons on standby
    I must admit that when I went back and read posts from a year ago to try and get some perspective that very post jumped out at me.
    With out slagging ,it does show how different things were back at that time. We learn from things like that,if for no other reason than to know how much emphasis to give to statements made and those who made them.
    Its helpful to know that when someone makes a statement ,it is another of the many similar statements made from the get go,so we can then decide whether it is objective or not-that goes for the company as well--a ''track record''if you like.

Having said that, if its just a slagging match,then I would agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I must admit that when I went back and read posts from a year ago to try and get some perspective that very post jumped out at me.
    With out slagging ,it does show how different things were back at that time. We learn from things like that,if for no other reason than to know how much emphasis to give to statements made and those who made them.
    Its helpful to know that when someone makes a statement ,it is another of the many similar statements made from the get go,so we can then decide whether it is objective or not-that goes for the company as well--a ''track record''if you like.

Having said that, if its just a slagging match,then I would agree with you
    Ain't no slagging match - it's about learnings.

And in this case, it is indeed about PEB's track record - the way that PEB deliberately makes extremely bullish statements with no follow-up.

As the CEO of the firm I used to work for as a cadet said 'it's all about the learnings when you move through the ranks and you cannot do that without scrutiny and learning from the past.'

Go to my post #12912 and it is impossible not to review the comments made by PEB without becoming extremely cynical.

Does not help that PEB raised capital capital after all those super bullish comments and some shareholders like Masfen, Darling and Swann sold down shares as well.

Another patent announcement, this time for CXbladder in India:
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/261494

Some comments from DD:
    “While it is important for the Company to seek patent protection in key jurisdictions, our main focus continues to be building sales momentum in the US, the world’s largest healthcare market, where we have just now started into our second year of commercial operations. Laboratory through-put is tracking to the company’s expectations following an active direct sales and marketing program to clinicians and healthcare organisations. Pacific Edge Diagnostics USA has twelve dedicated sales executives operating in key geographic regions.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Does not help that PEB raised capital capital after all those super bullish comments and some shareholders like Masfen, Darling and Swann sold down shares as well.
    Did you sell any of your PEB shares when the price was above $1.20?