sharetrader
    Guru

I can understand your concerns (after Xero)and it would be a shame if that happened,but just for the record,I was'nt insinuating in any way that there was any insider stuff going on when I asked my question--It was more a ''using a poster as a form of advertising''--but I respect Macs word that I was off the mark (just as he was on a few of his assumptions in response)
    I have a few inexperienced acquaintances who took a pretty big hit by listening to some of those posts some time back and feel the need to step in at times just to keep things in perspective.(at the risk of stepping on a few toes)
    I fully realize there are some who do try to manipulate for their own benefit and dont condone that.

Lets see how next week pans out --

AWOL

Ah, and therein lies the difference.
    I cant wait to see how 2016 pans out.

I realise Forbar's are more associated with buckets than champagne glasses, but I presume they have got a few clients into PEB, based on their latest upgrade and buy recco? I thought that would have been a fairly obvious correlation.

That aside, don't most of you think this has fallen far enough? - bruce almighty

Like the Knat, I was hoping to see low 60's before a bounce - maybe 67 was it? (where are the metronomic downrampers when you need them - lol)

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Yes a large and pretty unjustified run up today. What's going on? I hope this is just normal price fluctuations, if something "important" happens next week I think it will be a re-run of the Xero incident a month or so back. Of course if that happens with PEB I will get the hell out of there, cannot justify investing in a leaky company which is why I got the hell out of Xero after that announcement too. Disgraceful. I sold higher than I bought, I guess that is all that is important personally but being invested long term in a company where some investors are privy to more information than others is a recipe for disaster. I suppose NZ's reputation as a non corrupt country is being diluted as our companies get exposed to the corruption of other countries?

Anyway, ignore this if we don't get anything from PEB in the next few days. All TA indicators appear to be saying "Run for the hills!", so an increase of this magnitude is slightly suspicious to me. With 415k shares traded already, it doesn't help my suspicion (usually PEB averages 100-200k a day). Am I jumping at shadows in the closet? Time will tell... I hope so. I only have a small 20k holding now, guess not too much to win (or lose depending on how you look at it).
    Mutually exclusive? Interesting correlation I must say Blobbles. Also interesting that them thar hills are not already enjoying your company....

AWOL

In the recent release to the Australian Institutions there was an intriguing note attached to the 4th Quarter lab throughput graph stating that the implementing of the Affordable Care Act had affected this particular 4th Quarter.

This is why CMS is such a long time coming for Pacific Edge.

In addition, as required by the Affordable Care Act, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are revalidating all Medicare suppliers and providers, DOJ said in a release. The agency has stopped billing nearly 500,000 providers so far. It is applying advanced analytic techniques to screen all Medicare fee-for-service claims for fraud.

Its all in the release.

Last edited by Minerbarejet; 28-03-2015 at 03:39 AM.

Guru

Hancocks ,i am a bit surprised at your debate about aquisitions--surely you must know it is happening alot.
    Now,whether anyone wants PEB, is a different debate.
    But just in terms of acquisitions...

http://www.thepharmaletter.com/listi...diseases?tagid[]=48

It does seem at times that supporters spend alot of time researching the product(fair enough) but far less time researching the outside markets. OK they have 12 sales staff and things have been slowed up because of the affordable care act--thats a start.
    I realize its not an easy thing to research but it should keep the lid on getting to carried away with predictions (actually you have been pretty level headed in that area--i should direct that to another poster)
    I can see how some posters can rub you the wrong way,(maybe Im guilty of that also)but surely you must see how the ''daily advertising'' also detracts more than it helps.

On a completely different note--How would you feel about an acquisition? More money in holders pocket in exchange for being gobbled up by a big player and the resulting loss of identity.(this is not a for or against PEBs present course--just an interesting concept given the level of interest in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Hancocks ,i am a bit surprised at your debate about aquisitions--surely you must know it is happening alot.
    Now,whether anyone wants PEB, is a different debate.
    But just in terms of acquisitions...

http://www.thepharmaletter.com/listi...diseases?tagid[]=48

It does seem at times that supporters spend alot of time researching the product(fair enough) but far less time researching the outside markets. OK they have 12 sales staff and things have been slowed up because of the affordable care act--thats a start.
    I realize its not an easy thing to research but it should keep the lid on getting to carried away with predictions (actually you have been pretty level headed in that area--i should direct that to another poster)
    I can see how some posters can rub you the wrong way,(maybe Im guilty of that also)but surely you must see how the ''daily advertising'' also detracts more than it helps.

On a completely different note--How would you feel about an acquisition? More money in holders pocket in exchange for being gobbled up by a big player and the resulting loss of identity.(this is not a for or against PEBs present course--just an interesting concept given the level of interest in this thread.
    Skid,

I think Hancocks, is simply asking for posters to be a little more generous with their research. Or to back up statements with evidence.

I would guess there are only a hand full of people that know the conversations that took place with Roche.

I would hate to see this company sold off In the next five years. The long term potential for this company is unmeasurable.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    In the recent release to the Australian Institutions there was an intriguing note attached to the 4th Quarter lab throughput graph stating that the implementing of the Affordable Care Act had affected this particular 4th Quarter.

This is why CMS is such a long time coming for Pacific Edge.

In addition, as required by the Affordable Care Act, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are revalidating all Medicare suppliers and providers, DOJ said in a release. The agency has stopped billing nearly 500,000 providers so far. It is applying advanced analytic techniques to screen all Medicare fee-for-service claims for fraud.

Its all in the release.

I guess its understandable why they are doing this,but it hasnt come at a great time--the wheels of the CMS have obviously slowed while this process happens--not great for small companies just getting on their feet-How long of a wait while this process happens is anyones guess-hopefully the pendulum will not swing to far creating unnecessary hoops to jump through for claims (once PEB gets to that point)--Is it a genuine attempt to stop fraud or a Government cost cutting scheme(or both)?

We just hosted a young girl visiting from the States--She mentioned Obama care (while it seemed like a good idea to me) is wreaking havoc with some people in terms of forced costs.(Im not sure how this plays into the CMS thing,(cost cutting)but good to note)
    Last edited by skid; 28-03-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Banned

Imagine Hancock’s how if some of these down rampers were to put all that wasted fruitless time and energy into something productive and purposeful, like starting a small business, just how far ahead in life they could be for themselves and their families, rather than spending their weekday working hours just trolling on the internet like graffiti taggers achieving little in ones short life.

Guru

Thanx Mac --That added alot to the debate..

My acquaintance mentioned he could have probably started a small business with the money he would have saved by not listening to your posts a year ago.
    Last edited by skid; 28-03-2015 at 11:22 AM.