sharetrader
    Banned

Thanks, you know, a wise old fellow said to me once, that we should each live our lives like we are looking back on it telling our grandchildren stories about what we achieved and what they should look to as an example in life.

Imagine some would have to say;

“now listen up kids, I spent an absurdly disproportionate amount of my life on the internet unnecessarily slandering hard working company directors who had no real right of reply, it made me feel great and satisfied my personality disorder superbly, then, for many years I made it my life’s ambition to try and scare new and young investors into selling their hard earned holdings so I could make a quick buck, alas though they all saw through me, but it gave me an enormous buzz knowing that I at least tried to relentlessly screw people”

Guru

You can imagine all you want..but Im talking about real people with real losses---no one said sell--but 'dont buy' until you have looked further would have served him well.
    I believe you should have been a bit more careful with your statements--just because they are positive doesnt make them right.

if he had sold his hard earned earnings between $1.70 and $1.50 he would have been far better off.

You can attack if you like ,but you have been wrong,far more than right in terms of peoples hard earned money.

Banned

It’s a matter of perspective and duration skid,

I emphasise with some short termers, particularly those who are new to it and perhaps are yet to fully realise the risks they take and their low probability success they have at it.

Cognisantly though, at the end of the day, anyone trying to make a greedy quick buck, and who fails, only has themselves to blame, it was self inflicted.

Whether they bought at 70c in 2013 and sold at 50c in 2014, or, whether they bought at $1.70 in 2014 and sold at 70c in 2015, or, whether they buy at $5 in 2017 and sell at $4 in 2018.

From a long term shareholder’s perspective it’s all just noise along the way, and a minority crying about ones greed driven failures in no way is a reflection on the long term strategic roll out of the company.

I do think though there is a case to say that the NZX is more fickle and volatile than say the NASDAQ, in less consistently appreciating the potential in growth companies, but that also is in no way a fair reason to relentlessly slander or trash Pacific Edge.

Attachment 7243

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    My acquaintance mentioned he could have probably started a small business with the money he would have saved by not listening to your posts a year ago.
    With some authority on this Skid (25 years in starting up & trading several successful small businesses - all funded by initial personal equity followed by retained earnings)....... based on your above comments - I suspect your acquaintance may not have survived in a small business start up anyway.

Your acquaintance may have made his decision to buy PEB shares after reading MAC's posts (did he do any independent research of his own?) ..... but WHO did he listen to before deciding to sell those shares, therefore cementing in such losses? This was his real mistake!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    WOOOHOOO!!!
    Now there's a positive comment if I've read one on this forum! Thanks Mac for your wise words. I am a very new kid on the block and have with interest and "dismay" read some of these threads over the last few months. I know there is is always a bit of banter involved as well, but hey, lets keep it positive and look to the future PEB are on a winner here!
    may 12th SP approx $1.10----Yes Dents ,more caution should have been used-(and perhaps advised)-You have hit the nail on the head

Disc-i dont know if he has sold or not--all I have ever said from time to time is caution--it may not be the sure thing that it sounds

Cementing in losses is not always as bad as it sounds--Its a psychological hit--but he would have been far better to have sold @$1.05 and bought back at a better time (even $1.05 on the way back up)

I have no intention of talking the price down in order to buy in--To me it would be smarter to wait till they are more derisked which means sacrificing some early gains.
    Last edited by skid; 28-03-2015 at 02:02 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    may 12th SP approx $1.10----Yes Dents ,more caution should have been used-(and perhaps advised)-You have hit the nail on the head
    so after having done a whole bunch of research did this "acquaintance" buy them back at . 65 to more or less end up all square at the current level of .77?

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Interesting comments.......... personally I retired at 38 myself after several years of smart investing.
    Now have more time for the greatest and rewarding challenge of them all....raising kids.
    Here's some free advice..........if you believe what you are being told is not the truth just because you do not like what is being said then there is a good chance you are in denial.
    Glad you have finally outed yourself as a "down ramper" Snaps.....but congrats at being able to retire at 38 after several years of smart investing. Nice work!

Good luck with the kids....personally I'm glad all that is behind me.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    so after having done a whole bunch of research did this "acquaintance" buy them back at . 65 to more or less end up all square at the current level of .77?
    I dont know,but if he did, he took a gamble that happened to pay off,instead of waiting for an upturn

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    It’s a matter of perspective and duration skid,

I emphasise with some short termers, particularly those who are new to it and perhaps are yet to fully realise the risks they take and their low probability success they have at it.

Cognisantly though, at the end of the day, anyone trying to make a greedy quick buck, and who fails, only has themselves to blame, it was self inflicted.

Whether they bought at 70c in 2013 and sold at 50c in 2014, or, whether they bought at $1.70 in 2014 and sold at 70c in 2015, or, whether they buy at $5 in 2017 and sell at $4 in 2018.

From a long term shareholder’s perspective it’s all just noise along the way, and a minority crying about ones greed driven failures in no way is a reflection on the long term strategic roll out of the company.

I do think though there is a case to say that the NZX is more fickle and volatile than say the NASDAQ, in less consistently appreciating the potential in growth companies, but that also is in no way a fair reason to relentlessly slander or trash Pacific Edge.

Attachment 7243
    Yes ,in the end it is ofcourse self inflicted and they only have themselves to blame--but part of the reason they should blame themselves is because they may have listened to your consistent posts and made the mistake of thinking this was a sure thing waiting to happen-which your posts imply.

Hancocks goes out of his way to emphasize the risks involved ,but sorry mac,I just dont see that in your posts.

I also dont think you are in any position to determine that anyone in particular is out to make a greedy buck,rather than making an honest investment and not losing their shirt(which involves caution)

Could you be more specific on who you are referring to when referring to relentlessly slandering and trashing Pacific edge?

Your little stories seem closer to slander than anything that has come from my keyboard about PEB,but dont get me wrong there can be obstacles to commercial success and there is no reason why they should not be debated.

Banned

As I’ve said, very many times on this thread actually skid, the risks are outlined very well by Pacific Edge in the FY13 report, they are there for all to see, to review, and are a secret to no one. Only the purposefully negative and cynical feel a need to take them around in circles to ad nauseam.

And, yes for your information very many if not all shareholders including myself are really very positive about this company, its outlook, potential and progress, if we were not we would not be long term holders of Pacific Edge.

IMO PEB has never been a sell in the three years or so I’ve been a holder, it’s all ways been a hold or a buy, as it continues to be. And, at this time I don’t see that changing in foreseeable future.

If short term folk choose jump in and out of a stock willie nillie, that is a personal choice, clearly they don’t do it based on research or due to opinions they read on the internet, they do it to chase the squiggly line.

I only come here to share research and to make good contact’s, but I don’t mind taking the time to balance the views of the manipulative and habitually negative and cynical.

Have a nice weekend.