sharetrader
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    How many times does this topic have to be debated? Time to feed the chooks.
    I hope this isnt a sensitive matter but you were specific about chooks. Doesnt the guinea fowl get any?
    Food that is.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Well, when new information is presented that challenges the conventional wisdom, a debate is warranted. FAR more interesting than many of the other sub-threads that play out here...
    I agree NG. This is why we are here. Bit painful to try get a grip on some of this stuff at times but debate it and ask, we should.

Twotic has answered better than I could have ever done, and tbh I don't quite yet follow your logic in reply but I'll get back to that later.

Meantime -I guess you also need to consider the robustness of the various tests etc, degree of variability by observer, cost etc etc. But my original point was that the NHC is essentially screaming out for a primary care screener - ie CxBladder Triage first and foremost, with a Sensitivity in the high nineties and equally high negative predictive value.
    Last edited by psychic; 31-03-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Ok, so are you saying that the figures printed in that report are incorrect for CX?
    No. Cxbladder detect at a set specificity of 85% has an overall sensitivity of 82% (But drill down and you will see that it's sensitivity on the important grades is 100%)
    Cxbladder Triage has the higher overall sensitivity (lower specificity) and is the appropriate tool to test the market at the primary care level as it tells the Doc with a great deal of certainty that the patient does not have bladder cancer. This saves the Health Boards all those unnecessary full workups..
    Last edited by psychic; 31-03-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: sp

AWOL

Maybe it might help if we consider that the cxbladder scenario is actually cxbladder detect which can be adjusted through additional input and algorithms to provide a higher sensitivity for a particular purpose such as Triage.
    Presumably it can be adjusted in the same way for specificity as well which may be where the next two tests are coming from.
    Perhaps it is this capability that is not shared by the other tests.
    Havent heard anything about additional companion tests from the others, they could be out there but in what stage of development is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    I hope this isnt a sensitive matter but you were specific about chooks. Doesnt the guinea fowl get any?
    Food that is.
    Like PEB Twink, the Guinea Fowl, is very sensitive and specific in a very balanced way about his food so he gets special treatment. Where as the chooks are greedy demanding animals that are never happy with what you feed them and always want more, a bit like impatient investors who want 10s of thousands of sales yesterday.

Here he is. He may relieve the tempest in peoples mind that the science of PEB creates.

https://youtu.be/Mr2DFbwb9SM

Last edited by Tsuba; 01-04-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Like PEB Twink, the Guinea Fowl, is very sensitive and specific in a very balanced way about his food so he gets special treatment. Where as the chooks are greedy demanding animals that are never happy with what you feed them and always want more, a bit like impatient investors who want 10s of thousands of sales yesterday.

Here he is. He may relieve the tempest in peoples mind that the science of PEB creates.

ha ha ha.... thanks Tsuba! Whilst watching this, I imagined all those little bits of corn Twink was hoovering up were akin to PEB shares that had been thrown away....

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    ha ha ha.... thanks Tsuba! Whilst watching this, I imagined all those little bits of corn Twink was hoovering up were akin to PEB shares that had been thrown away....
    I suspect fowl play.
    Are you sure that Twink isnt just part of a coverup?

Sorry, slow day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    I suspect fowl play.
    Are you sure that Twink isnt just part of a coverup?

Sorry, slow day.
    Am struggling to answer that one. No cover ups with that bird. He is as real as this hedgehog......

https://youtu.be/6efsp2c3uqQ

Takes your mind off PEB for a few moments. You guys need a break.

Am struggling to answer that one. No cover ups with that bird. He is as real as this hedgehog......

https://youtu.be/6efsp2c3uqQ

Takes your mind off PEB for a few moments. You guys need a break.
    he he he.....Looks like Twinky is very wary of the hedgehog and Twinky also needs some table manners ... messy bu@@er!

Oh sorry, back to PEB....

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    he he he.....Looks like Twinky is very wary of the hedgehog and Twinky also needs some table manners ... messy bu@@er!

Oh sorry, back to PEB....
    Watching that video I fully expected Harvey the Hedgehog to get a good peck in the earhole.

On a Pebnote, it seems there is a World Congress for Biotechs and Diagnostics in Philadelphia in early May.
    Wonder if Pacific Edge is attending. It's just down the road.
    It doesnt seem to be on their calendar of events.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 03-04-2015 at 07:41 AM. Reason: more info